Days Gone (Sony Bend) [PS4, PC]

Horizon stacks up pretty nicely.
05e90b32-bff3-4424-a2d3-285732ad6895

BuhNswr.jpg

05e90b32-bff3-4424-a2d3-285732ad6895

Honestly, I am not sure if this is a good thing. It somehow baffles me, that Sony approved of this game, when it is so similar to TLOU.
Or maybe it is only superficially similar and if I actually play it I see the difference...

I don't find it any more similar than a lot of other games these days. You can only do so much with zombie+lots of vegetation+moody protagonist combo. This is 2017 and we've really seen it all before. And if you keep releasing the same general themes over and over, then that limits the scope even more.

What if the zombies only ate vegetables.
now this would make for a very interesting game changer.
They eat plants to obtain chlorophyll, which they use to convert energy from the sun to continue to survive. Downside, the world loses all it's vegetation at an alarming rate, everything dies.

now this would make for a very interesting game changer.
They eat plants to obtain chlorophyll, which they use to convert energy from the sun to continue to survive. Downside, the world loses all it's vegetation at an alarming rate, everything dies.

Stamper Drilling Corporation drills deep into the northern martian ice cap and discovers a frozen life form, which is brought back to Earth for study. While several crew members are diagnosed with Space Dementia, the operation otherwise proceeds. Eight weeks later, SDC on Mars has gone dark. On Earth, scientists note peculiar inconsistencies with the preserved life form, whose physiology indicates a carnivorous diet however the contents of its stomach and intestines show overwhelming levels of plant matter.

Amidst the analysis, scientists fall prey to illness, halting further study.

Eighty weeks later...

Meat markets have crashed as people around the Earth have fallen to space dementia and are eating anything and everything plant-related, beginning with their lawns. Fresh water reserves plummet. CO2 levels continue to rise. Initially, US government spending on hydroponics is slashed keeping prices high under the guise of water preservation. There is an uprise in violence as infected citizens continue to spread and consume plant matter.

---
You are a member of a branch of the military, called the Experimental Assault Team, defending the scientific facility where the martian discovery is currently located, deep in the pacific northwest.

Destroy the vegan zombies.
Discover the truth about the fate of the Martians.

Back