CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

just played CP2077 in SDR.

uh.. whoa.. it looks so... uh.. flat? all the neons, blinding spotlights, etc lost their "bling". The reflections also felt uninteresting. on other games, the difference between SDR and HDR are way less pronounced. Usually mostly HDR just more contrasty (destiny 2).

got the npc dupe bug!

cp r.jpg

btw find this two guys on the right of the photo, leaning on the wall. they have interesting short conversation about seeing things thats not there. optics has been replaced twice, same issue. so its not just us, the player, that seeing weird shits LOL

cp r2.jpg

just played CP2077 in SDR.

uh.. whoa.. it looks so... uh.. flat? all the neons, blinding spotlights, etc lost their "bling". The reflections also felt uninteresting. on other games, the difference between SDR and HDR are way less pronounced. Usually mostly HDR just more contrasty (destiny 2).
Some games just don't have materials that were created for HDR, while others have materials and shaders made for an HDR image. That's why Destiny can still look a bit flat even in HDR, while games like CP2077 or many others have that true HDR look to them. Also, Destiny has always had a messy HDR implementation anyway, regardless of how the materials were created.

Anyone know what with the akuma arasaka container ship docked around North of arasaka tower? (just east of the teleport point near the river north of arasaka tower)

Its full of cameras / turrets / guards, and have intractable stuff like door pin buttons. It also have objects for covers.

But there's nothing connected to it. No gigs. Nothing.

I actually downloaded the game (5 hours of free play). Story isn't grabbing me, doesn't help the facial motion capture / shading quality is a step back from Horizon2/LOU2. I actually like the gun play though, feels fun to play. Driving is very different to GTA5 probably more like GTA4 with floaty handling. Not something i'd buy though.

I actually downloaded the game (5 hours of free play). Story isn't grabbing me, doesn't help the facial motion capture / shading quality is a step back from Horizon2/LOU2. I actually like the gun play though, feels fun to play. Driving is very different to GTA5 probably more like GTA4 with floaty handling. Not something i'd buy though.

Try driving a motorcycle.

Btw the face shading and motion capture varies widely. Some random NPC selling drinks even have ridiculously detailed motion capture for no reason at all.

Its weird

Try driving a motorcycle.

Btw the face shading and motion capture varies widely. Some random NPC selling drinks even have ridiculously detailed motion capture for no reason at all.

Its weird
I sort of brought this up when Rift Apart came out and there was a discussion about "best graphics". There are parts of CP2077 that look beyond any game I've seen, and parts that look like a PS2 era PC game run at a high resolution. The game looks great, but there are definitely parts that look out of place.

I sort of brought this up when Rift Apart came out and there was a discussion about "best graphics". There are parts of CP2077 that look beyond any game I've seen, and parts that look like a PS2 era PC game run at a high resolution. The game looks great, but there are definitely parts that look out of place.

The audio also like that too lol. The gun range on kabuki market is the worst offender

Man, this game is just gorgeous. I can't wait until I have a chance to play it again on better hardware. :)

Regards,
SB

I played it on a recent replay session without using teleportation at all (i.e. I drive manually to all places). It's really immersive and very enjoyable to see the city in all different time and weather (e.g. raining during night time).
This is a game with so much potential. Sometimes I think about what'd happen if there's some sort of multiplayer elements in the game (for example, if you can "buy" a store or apartment and decorate its interior for everyone else to see, so when you are playing the game solo you can view stores or rooms designed by other people, that could be interesting).

According to the orphaned game files and entries, it seems originally the game w
I played it on a recent replay session without using teleportation at all (i.e. I drive manually to all places). It's really immersive and very enjoyable to see the city in all different time and weather (e.g. raining during night time).
This is a game with so much potential. Sometimes I think about what'd happen if there's some sort of multiplayer elements in the game (for example, if you can "buy" a store or apartment and decorate its interior for everyone else to see, so when you are playing the game solo you can view stores or rooms designed by other people, that could be interesting).
As designed to have multiplayer and other people can join your instance and yiu can join other people's instance.

So not a true open world multi player. But would work well with the single player stuff

I've just 100% completed all ncpd things, gigs, and side Quests. Except Brendan's because the quest is bugged.

Turns out the game still have non-quest non-gigs stuff going. Like the rare police car chase.

There are gang wars, police killing people that ran away from custody, robbery (very badly designed. It's basically just a loop of a bad guy holding a citizen at gun point), and mini world stories (MWS)

Maybe the mod community can do something. We got san andreas into a open world MP game afterall with mtasa.

Yeah. The game seems to be quite open/modable and someone may even able to tap into the old deprecated multiplayer mode and took advantage whatever was left. Then develop from there.

Even better if the game multiplayer stuff is actually still running in the current game, and the game phoned home every launch to check for mp server or something, and allows in-game downloads.

So it potentially allows a private server to also work on consoles (via custom DNS entries probably, so it thinks it talks to CDPR but turns out it talks to a private server. Similar to how I made P. T. SILENT HILLS demo re-downloadable).

In S.T.A.L.K.E.R., the bar had a few patrons that would give you odd jobs. Simple missions like "Kill this guy because he did a thing" or "so sad, I lost my favorite gun". The bartender would give you quests like that as well. I wish Cyberpunk had that going on with the Afterlife. It's perfectly set up for it, fits the setting, and would give you things to do and reasons to go to parts of the map you might not have.

Back