CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

Can't wait until I have a GPU that I can actually play this game on and do it justice. I was blown away by the first half hour I played of the Street Kid story.

Graphically its top of the pack, gameplay kinda below that (like most games these days).
its a mixed bag tho. RDR2 got way better overall graphically IMO (especially in the animation department)

as for the gameplay, it was amazing when the game main story mission still felt polished (the first few missions). But then quickly devolve into a mess indeed, especially with more and more stuff you unlocked/get.

although on the other hand, the freedom of engagement goes up thru the roof (and sometimes, literally)

turns out using dolby atmos on windows 10 with 5.1ch speakers + speaker phantoming = really good spatial sound. The cities comes alive even more. The buzzing ads i walk pass by... really good!

really weird, as i though using 7.1ch output on windows audio but with side speakers removed + speakers phantoming enabled should bring the same spatial audio quality, but it doesnt.

using dolby atmos on windows 10 results in way better spatial audio.

turns out using dolby atmos on windows 10 with 5.1ch speakers + speaker phantoming = really good spatial sound. The cities comes alive even more. The buzzing ads i walk pass by... really good!

really weird, as i though using 7.1ch output on windows audio but with side speakers removed + speakers phantoming enabled should bring the same spatial audio quality, but it doesnt.

using dolby atmos on windows 10 results in way better spatial audio.

The audio part of this game got drown by the graphics everyone's talking about (which are the best so far of any game), but were forgetting audio it seems. Atmos on Xbox/PC is really on the cutting edge of what audio in games can do.

The audio part of this game got drown by the graphics everyone's talking about (which are the best so far of any game), but were forgetting audio it seems. Atmos on Xbox/PC is really on the cutting edge of what audio in games can do.

Now I'm curious, anyone with PS5 and 3d audio enabled? How does it sounds compared to other games?

Graphics have some very good moments, but most of the time I notice the permanent popping of everything (details, shadows, buildings/larger objects,etc) and the lack of dynamic shadows under npcs when not in a RT "light" so it feel pretty flat :/

I bought CP2077 while it was on sale via Steam a few days ago. It crashed easily a dozen times in the first 10 minutes of game play time and I was about to get royally pissed. Then it dawned on me to check my video card settings... Turns out this is the best GPU stability testing app I own ;) After resetting my extensively-previously-tested-stable 3080Ti undervolt work back to default, all was well with the world. So yeah, my fault on that front. It didn't crash in the usual GPU reset, screen blank sort of way which is why I was initially thinking it wasn't related.

I didn't get far, basically to the point where I'm in my apartment. I'm still midly off-put by the current lack of open-world-ness... Like for example being dropped off in the garage of my apartment, and the garage door immediately shuts behind the NPC car exiting so I can't go wander the street? What kind of apartment complex locks you in your building? Oh well, I suppose it will open up shortly. I keep wanting to compare it to the likes of GTA and I guess I probably shouldn't.

I bought CP2077 while it was on sale via Steam a few days ago. It crashed easily a dozen times in the first 10 minutes of game play time and I was about to get royally pissed. Then it dawned on me to check my video card settings... Turns out this is the best GPU stability testing app I own ;) After resetting my extensively-previously-tested-stable 3080Ti undervolt work back to default, all was well with the world. So yeah, my fault on that front. It didn't crash in the usual GPU reset, screen blank sort of way which is why I was initially thinking it wasn't related.

I didn't get far, basically to the point where I'm in my apartment. I'm still midly off-put by the current lack of open-world-ness... Like for example being dropped off in the garage of my apartment, and the garage door immediately shuts behind the NPC car exiting so I can't go wander the street? What kind of apartment complex locks you in your building? Oh well, I suppose it will open up shortly. I keep wanting to compare it to the likes of GTA and I guess I probably shouldn't.
Ha! I had to change the undervolting on my RX 580 for this game too, brought out a few weaknesses no other games/benches have stressed it too.

If you just started playing the intro is like 30 minutes of gameplay before it gets to the actual game itself. Hang in there, it DOES get a lot better. I'm currently re-re-re-replaying it and loving it with my new freesync monitor, I'm getting 60fps+ pretty easy now and the game is a whole lot better this way.

Also my new monitor is brighter so I'm seeing more details. I'm trying to do as many side missions as I can before story missions.

Don't worry, you'll get to that soon. You're not there yet and I can't tell you when/how you'll get there without spoilers so please just stick it through until the game actually opens up for you. There is a great game trying to get out, and it's starting to.

You are still in the tutorial part. Btw what starting story yiu chose?

Digi, you have my word I'll make it through the intro areas before I cast judgement :) I have two friends I trust who both said I'd likely enjoy the story, so I'm in it for them at the very least. My general play style for these sorts of games is to do most of the side-missions first, so it sounds like you and i are aligned there as well. I'm generally happy with the graphics, although that ride-on-rails at the uber-beginning where you run from the generic bad guys in black SUVs through what looks like a bunch of greenhouses? That wasn't graphically impressive. The city and even the outskirts seem quite attractive though, fwiw.

For OrangePelupa, I took the storyline where I start in the outskirts country area.

There really isn't a lot of open world stuff before then, nothing really opens up until Act 2.
There are a ton of side missions, though. I did a run where I did every side mission I could before finishing "The Heist", and got to level 25 or something before I was at the hotel. I had either the charge jump or the double jump and there are parts where you can jump through parts of the hotel's geometry and get out onto the roof and stuff. I tried to safely scale down to the road below but I could never make it. Too bad I never knew about the slide glitch to avoid all falling damage until after they took it out. I was curious if the game would freak out if you avoided all of the areas inside the hotel.

Back