CVG: Sony to rock GDC

harr_miya_300x250.gif

Another PH interview (1up this time):

1UP: With Microsoft readying their biggest guns for 2007, does Sony need a big showing at something like GDC next month? Sony needs to compete with Microsoft this holiday season, are March and GDC going to be Sony's coming out party where we see some firm plans for the rest of the year.

PH: Well, I'm not, unfortunately, going to enlighten you on my plans for GDC although we have some interesting announcements to make. I think it's no secret that we're going to make a couple of exclusive announcements there. But it's important to understand from our point of view, we are not focused on one competitor, trying to adjust or change our strategy because of what one competitor is doing in the market. We have our strategy, we're here to grow the market, we're here to build out the PlayStation brand and experience on a worldwide basis, building on the success that we have and we're continuing to do that. We're not going to slate our lineup just because of competitive activity. We'll continue to plow our own furrow.

Full interview here.

Oh boy... here we go again...

---> PS3 Store = iTunes.

I was thinking almost the same thing :LOL:

announcements = more stuff in the PS3 store, something about Linux, firmware upgrade about something.

Thats all I can think of atm. E3 is still the event that I believe they'll release the real major announcements, so ill keep my distance in having high hopes for GDC.

Back