Current Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [post GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not the people who said something precise who are the better source, they are fraud most of the time.

All people were believing DuskGolem with RE Engine problem on PS5 or the fraud 13 Tflops Kleegamefan on era(myself included and a good source told me the GPU TFlops of PS5 end of 2019 but he said too it can change before final spec). And they gave precise information.

True insider knows NDA are tight they give vague infos. Matt line was always the two consoles are close to each other. And he continues to say it will be the case when GDK will improve. He is credible but I have my doubt because again on paper the memory bandwidth give me some doubt about PS5 performance. And Jason said the same the consoles are close to each other.

If somebody plays Assassins Creed on PS5 and Xbox Series X, and MS says Series X is 12 TFLOPs, then I can understand how somebody would think PS5 is 13 (or even 14) TFLOPs.

Fifty minutes ago he was wrong, now he's not? If you're going to shit on people, make sure you know what you're talking about. It's not OK to do this even if it is somebody on a different forum.
First of all, you will have to show me where I was "shitting on a guy" that looks inappropriate, because I dont think I have.

Second, I already said, he was wrong about Lockhart.

First of all, you will have to show me where I was "shitting on a guy" that looks inappropriate, because I dont think I have.

Claiming somebody is wrong about something without any evidence base is generally considered shitting on people. To be clear, it was an unfounded attacks to undermine somebodies credibility.

Matt from r forum I've found quite relible source but understand when somebody has distance to anonymous source

Capcom guy might be right, DmC V is currently the only game that XSX has some advantages over PS5. Capcom probably didn't spend enough time with the PS5's development tools as their main development is on PC

No he is not right because he said litteraly PS5 will need to run some 4k XSX games at 1080p 60 fps, he is just a fraud and stop to be mod there and finally said he will stop the leak.

I have an idea where comes from the leak and this is not by Capcom programmer or coming from Japan.

EDIT: And the advantage in DMC 5 in some mode are nowhere near the 20% avantage on paper.

EDIT: or the people being precise only talk most of the time a few hours before an event like ZhugeEx

Jason Schreier told months ago before than announcement a Demon's souls remake is in preparation.

Last edited:
Claiming somebody is wrong about something without any evidence base is generally considered shitting on people. To be clear, it was an unfounded attacks to undermine somebodies credibility.
No, I claimed I trust DF and JS more on this duo to fact they were the first to report it. JS saying MS has been less communicative with devs and coming in hot with dev kits, while DF actually reported Game Core Dev Kit changed compltely from XDK and gave dev feedback way back in April. I also said Matt has been wrong before when picking someone elses story and expanding on it on Resetera (ex. Lockhart).

I havent attacked or "shat" on him as you say, calm down and read what people write.

No, I claimed I trust DF and JS more on this duo to fact they were the first to report it. JS saying MS has been less communicative with devs and coming in hot with dev kits, while DF actually reported Game Core Dev Kit changed compltely from XDK and gave dev feedback way back in April. I also said Matt has been wrong before when picking someone elses story and expanding on it on Resetera (ex. Lockhart).

I havent attacked or "shat" on him as you say, calm down and read what people write.

On Lockhart all people said out of DF it will be cancel Windows Central too or Brad Sams or Jason Schreir. at the end he said months before too like Jason Schreier told too Lockhart is hated by developers. David cage said it in public and Phil Spencer admit he thinks it is good for consumer but more work for developer.

You can have bad information or no information when it is hide well. Like everyone he was not knowing about the PS5 DE, devs from Insominac or ND said they were not knowing too.

EDIT: Things change, I heard mutiple time when some people on era talk about Silent Hill there will be no announcement about the project without more precision.

My own conclusion, the game is planned for 2022 and Sony want to only show 2021 games.

But it seems maybe it will change and they will show it at Games Awards.

Last edited:
On Lockhart all people said out of DF it will be cancel Windows Central too or Brad Sams or Jason Schreir. at the end he said months before too like Jason Schreier told too Lockhart is hated by developers. David cage said it in public and Phil Spencer admit he think it is good for consumer but more work for developer,
Windows Central was first to report it existing and first one to report it being cancelled. I think they are fed by MS themselves, so everyone basically jumped on that train after they reported existance AND cancellation (and subsequent "back on" news).

In any case, take a look at your post. You called guy fraud, but that guy broke (actually was first to report) tons of Capcom info througout the years, much more so then Matt that hasnt broken a thing. He is now being called fraud because of what he reported regarding REVIII development and PS5 having advantage in launch 3rd party titles (well he was banned from there before that actually).

Windows Central was first to report it existing and first one to report it being cancelled. I think they are fed by MS themselves, so everyone basically jumped on that train after they reported existance AND cancellation (and subsequent "back on" news).

In any case, take a look at your post. You called guy fraud, but that guy broke (actually was first to report) tons of Capcom info througout the years, much more so then Matt that hasnt broken a thing. He is now being called fraud because of what he reported regarding REVIII development and PS5 having advantage in launch 3rd party titles (well he was banned from there before that actually).

I heard Ono was not producer of Street Fighter anymore and will quit Capcom months before he made it public. He has info from capcom USA. From what I know Capcom has confidentiality problem and they don't care.

People who said me this said he is full of shit for the RE8 story. He maybe heard about a developement build not working well on PS5 and transform this information like PS5 is in trouble with RE Engine. The same guy told me months ago too PS5 will have some advantage but I don't believe him because on paper it seems impossible, same than with Matt now because on paper this seems impossible.

This is being a fraud you have some information and you begin to add your own delusion.

I know since months the rumors about Silent Hill are partially true and I know it was not planned until now to present it in 2021 but maybe we will see it at Games Awards no idea. Imo it is a Sony project but planned to release in 2022 or it is a multiplatform project. I will not lie and said I know exactly what is behind the project.

Last edited:
Wow the tides have really turned in 24 hours, we went from a PS5 RDNA1 based, 9TF downclocked console to MS being incompetent about software development. The truth is that no one here knows what is really going on, we do have some data but not all of it as we do not have access to confidential information that is going to remain that way for some time.

My first impression when PS5 was revealed was that it looked like Cerny really focused on removing all major bottlenecks and provide developers with a platform easy to use, probably PS5's advantage comes down to tools + architecture. If it's way easier to extract performance out of the PS5 maybe devs find it easier creating first the PS5 version and the moving to other platforms which would explain inefficiencies in the use of XBSX hardware.

I think this is the case because XBSS is actually performing more or less as expected, and it has the same tools as XBSX for development, so there is clearly something else going on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow the tides have really turned in 24 hours, we went from a PS5 RDNA1 based, 9TF downclocked console to MS being incompetent about software development. The truth is that no one here knows what is really going on, we do have some data but not all of it as we do not have access to confidential information that is going to remain that way for some time.

My first impression when PS5 was revealed was that it looked like Cerny really focused on removing all major bottlenecks and provide developers with a platform easy to use, probably PS5's advantage comes down to tools + architecture. If it's way easier to extract performance out of the PS5 maybe devs find it easier creating first the PS5 version and the moving to other platforms which would explain inefficiencies in the use of XBSX hardware.

I think this is the case because XBSS is actually performing more or less as expected, and it has the same tools as XBSX for development, so there is clearly something else going on there.

30 fps Valhalla is not more or less expected. I expect 900p 60 fps if the bigger brother is doing at least 1440p 60 fps.

30 fps Valhalla is not more or less expected. I expect 900p 60 fps if the bigger brother is doing at least 1440p 60 fps.

On paper Series X has 3 times the TFLOPs, so 900p would be too much, everything else being the same.
MS does not want 720P-ish launch titles for their new S console to avoid ridicule so that is why they took away 60fps

Well it has a lower clocked CPU plus 1/3 the GPU theoretical power of the Series X. It's hard to compare because we don't know how high Series S can go above 30fps at 1080p as the framerate is capped, what we know is that Series X seems to be pushing, in average, about twice the pixels of the Series S according to some of the reviews I've seen (I don't know if DF published the average res during their test), which is lower than the GPU differential, but because frame is not unlocked we can't really measure the performance differential.

I dont see why is Series S considered as some kind of problem? Just drop res to 1080p and render in 30fps. Its default 2nd console and GP machine, those that get it for 299$ should not expect miracles.

I dont see why is Series S considered as some kind of problem? Just drop res to 1080p and render in 30fps. Its default 2nd console and GP machine, those that get it for 299$ should not expect miracles.

No, I'm not saying that Series S is a problem, what I'm saying is that the also the differential between S and X seems to be smaller than what the pure performance numbers suggest. So my argument is that this isn't only about tools.

edit: but we do not have all the information, it seems that way (maybe not)

Thats good YTuber with good analysis. Its also possible he didnt pick same spots to test as DF did (NX also didnt pick it) hence why there was different outcome.

DF was the last to release the AC analysis but they did it going further in the game and a more fine grain analysis. After it not means he does not know his work*. For analysis site having much less subscriber than DF this is difficult because they don't want to release analysis after DF.

* After the torch was a piece of art very difficult to find and understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back