Cuphead. Classic cartoons; [XO, XOX, XPA, PC, NX, PS4]

So this game is really really hard along with I cant get into the art style?

Definitely not for me.

Looks quality for those who appreciate it though.

I think I dislike the coin platforming levels more than the bosses. No checkpoint or way to get more healthpoints for really really stupid mistakes.

I think I dislike the coin platforming levels more than the bosses. No checkpoint or way to get more healthpoints for really really stupid mistakes.
You can buy more HP with your coins can't you ?

Movements and shots are actually 60 fps, right? Just seen a little YT clip and these are animating smoothly.

The only thing that destroys the believability of an old cartoon are the selection screens, square windows and cursors

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

I saw that last night, and I'm actually kind of surprised that they don't have a black and white mode. They could also have a mode that replaces some of the film noise with fake crt artifacts. The game is not hardware demanding, so it would be possible. I'm pretty blown away by how nice the game looks, so if they don't add options I'm perfectly fine with that.

Reminds me of the guy who put Firewatch on a big 'ol gorgeous Sony CRT

But, how did the guy get Cuphead connected to a B&W TV? Are we sure that isn't faked?

Reminds me of the guy who put Firewatch on a big 'ol gorgeous Sony CRT

But, how did the guy get Cuphead connected to a B&W TV? Are we sure that isn't faked?
Said he used some converters to convert HDMI to Composite, then Composite to RF Coaxial & then Coaxial to VHF. He has video about how he did it here...

Tommy McClain

One unexpected benefit of playing Cuphead has been that it's made it a lot easier to do boss fights in other games. I got to the first boss in 'A Hat In Time' (great game itself) and failed my first few attempts, then went back to Ribby and Croaks in Cuphead that i'd been banging my head against, finally beat them (partly by a control reconfig) and then went back to Hat, boss battle seemed _so_ much easier :)

I hope it's a game that continues to sell as people hear about it. It really is a nice achievement in the creative side of gaming. I still haven't put the time in to be good at it, but I know it's a game I can keep going back to until I finish it.

Back