Cuphead. Classic cartoons; [XO, XOX, XPA, PC, NX, PS4]

The developers have said that once the game launched they would look to other things like online co-op & a physical Collector's Edition. If you're not in a big hurry to play it, waiting might be worth it.

Can't wait to try it out when I get home. I got my copy pre-ordered Sunday, but it wasn't activated until 8am when I had to be at work. :/

Tommy McClain

Online Co-op would be great.

Honestly, just want a god mode so I can just see the game. I don't think I'll actually get my money's worth being stuck on the 3rd boss.

I have other things to do.

Online Co-op would be great.

Honestly, just want a god mode so I can just see the game. I don't think I'll actually get my money's worth being stuck on the 3rd boss.

I have other things to do.

Twitch or YouTube. I do it all the time for games I know I'm either never going to finish or never have time to play (about half the titles in my Steam library. :p)

Regards,
SB

They could just make a mode that increased the # of hit points to 9 instead of 3. :p I don't know if there will be upgrades later that do that though. Still, it's arbitrary, and it'd be optional.

I'd have liked this game to be casual enough for children in the family too.

Game is actually pretty well tuned in terms of how tight the jumping and movement mechanics are. Visually the game is something absolutely special. The artist(s) knocked it out of the park, and the boss mechanics are clever. This is a classic indie game, and it'll age very well.

This game is pretty hard solo. 2P is easier because you've got extra guns helping out.

Considering the developers are brothers & they wanted a game to play together, I'm not surprised the game is better in co-op.

BTW, figured out I'm getting better after doing some weapon upgrades & changing the controls. Changed shooting from X to Right Trigger. Now it's much better. Also learn to Parry, it's tough but it helps a lot. I'm almost done with the 1st isle. Considering the achievements not many do that(13.81%). Crazy that out of all the achievements 21 of the 28 have less than 5% completion. Also, only 25 people on TrueAchievements has actually completed the game on Normal & only 3 people on Expert. Crazy.

Tommy McClain

BTW, figured out I'm getting better after doing some weapon upgrades & changing the controls. Changed shooting from X to Right Trigger. Now it's much better. Also learn to Parry, it's tough but it helps a lot. I'm almost done with the 1st isle. Considering the achievements not many do that(13.81%).

There's no way to play the game as successfully with the default control setup. Changing shooting from X to a secondary-input is so much better. It's something I needed to do within the first minute of trying to play the game.

What can you parry, any attack? I thought it was only those pink glow items like signs or reviving your co-op partner.

There needs to be some sort of continue option for the run-and-gun sections. I want to see the entire game, but I know right now there's no way, baring online co-op or a trainer mode, that I'm making it past the first small section of the game.

What can you parry, any attack? I thought it was only those pink glow items like signs or reviving your co-op partner.

Yeah, I was ignoring the pink items but if you don't you can get coins or finish the boss faster.

There needs to be some sort of continue option for the run-and-gun sections. I want to see the entire game, but I know right now there's no way, baring online co-op or a trainer mode, that I'm making it past the first small section of the game.

Agreed. Probably will watch the rest on YouTube myself. Which is disappointing & unfortunate. :(

Tommy McClain

Don't all of the bosses have a "simple" option? Haven't tried it yet, but may have to if the game gets progressively harder.

I'm talking about the run and gun non-boss levels that dont have difficulty selections from what I saw. Unless I get 300% better and the game AI does not scale difficulty, I'm not finishing any of those.

I'm talking about the run and gun non-boss levels that dont have difficulty selections from what I saw. Unless I get 300% better and the game AI does not scale difficulty, I'm not finishing any of those.
Yeah, there's no difficulty setting on Run & Gun levels. Parrying pink items there seems to only net you coins. It's really only necessary for boss levels to charge up your cards on the bottom left. Without parrying it takes longer to charge. Once you're charged to the max you can let loose with your Super weapon. This can do massive damage & make you briefly invulnerable. Most people wait to use it near the final moments of the boss's final form.

Here's also great list of tips...

https://www.polygon.com/cuphead-guide/2017/9/29/16385334/tips-guide-secrets-xbox-one-pc

Tommy McClain

Back