CryTek vs. id & Valve

Heh yeah. Enemies on the z-axis were a real pain until mouselook. Dark Forces, for example, has very obvious auto-aiming to remedy this. Of course, so does Doom.

Aye, unless you did deathmatch there really wasn't anything that made mouse+KB necessary in anything prior to Quake 1.

And so most people just did what they'd done for years up to that point. Use only keyboard or use a joypad/joystick.

Heck, it still wasn't uncommon to see people trying to play Q2 or UT online with keyboard only or joypad/joystick. I had great fun being a spectator and watching them try to compete in DM and CTF. :D

Regards,
SB

Ok, can I see a show of hands for the people who've had their lives heavily impacted by Hover Tank? (I hadn't heard of the game until this thread heh). And the same for Ultima Underworld (which I've never played either).

Stellar 7 and Arctic Fox were came before them anyway. :) Dynamix forever, eh.

Ultima Underworld? *Raises hand* Sooo awesome... like, wow! I recall playing UU2 while having a CD of Music for the Jilted Generation in, just wow... WOW!

Ultima Underworld? *Raises hand* Sooo awesome... like, wow! I recall playing UU2 while having a CD of Music for the Jilted Generation in, just wow... WOW!

And going through that elemental alternate universe thingy... you must've freaked out a couple of times during that (when you're pc crashes while trying to wreck another bat..)

Back