Crytek Presents: CRYSIS 3 [PS3, 360]

Haven't they already pushed the console limits with Crysis 2 :LOL:? By that I hope they're not diving deeper into the sub HD realm, or "Alan Wake realm".

I'll be shocked if they can squeeze anymore out, imo C2 is the pinnacle of console graphics this gen.

I think there is supposed to maybe be gameplay footage tomorrow night on GTTV.

I'll be shocked if they can squeeze anymore out, imo C2 is the pinnacle of console graphics this gen.

I think there is supposed to maybe be gameplay footage tomorrow night on GTTV.

I really don't see what it's doing graphically any better than a couple of other console games that are rendering at higher resolution with far stable framerate, less pop INS and better aa. To me it's far from the pinnacle as the standard has been risen already.

I really don't see what it's doing graphically any better than a couple of other console games that are rendering at higher resolution with far stable framerate, less pop INS and better aa. To me it's far from the pinnacle as the standard has been risen already.

Agree. C2 looks good on the ps3, but not the best. No way ! They removed bounced light from the consoles and pop in were terrible and there wasn't any AA unless you were absolutely still ! BF3 looks better, for one !

What I hated about C2 gfx were the over over over used lens flare and glow/bloom whatever. It felt as if my spectacles are greasy and unclean and I get headaches looking through that :mad: !

IMO BF3 trumped C2 in lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG9kfKlcLjY

But still the pinnacle of console graphics for me is Uncharted 3, corridor or not it's everything from start to finish, from rendering to crazy use of shaders and volumetric lights and animations etc all the while running at 720p with nigh perfect 30FPS...I think that's what makes it so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both have over-done/exagerated lens flare effects.

And that BF3 vid of the single campaign, the building at the left in 1:09 after the cutscene when you get out of the car, look back at that building, then try to say how great the lighting is. (dim your monitor brightness down) And there's a bunch of other poorly lit scenes in either game.

That's PC BF3 and even then I dont think it looks better (I made sure to find console Crysis 2 footage)...BF3 had some great lighting though.

Havent played Uncharted 3 yet but if it's like 2 the animation can be bad, character models in cutscenes eyes crawl, etc, it just doesn't come together polish wise for some reason for me. But definitely one of the elite.

Which for me are probably something like, BF3, Crysis 2, UC3, Halo 4 (so far), KZ3...and a little more on the bubble, GT5. It's hard to say one of those is best they all have strength and weakness, but my personal choice is C2.

And that BF3 vid of the single campaign, the building at the left in 1:09 after the cutscene when you get out of the car, look back at that building, then try to say how great the lighting is. (dim your monitor brightness down) And there's a bunch of other poorly lit scenes in either game.

Some of the levels in BF3 do have really great lighting imo. The one with police car lights is really sublime, and there's the green flares level early on (forget name), good stuff.

C2 does not have much lens flare effects, that I can think of offhand...BF3 does in tank and jet scenes, but those still look good....lens flare isn't always bad.

Well it's just my opinion...look at this lighting on one of my favorite levels, Unsafe Haven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgCZp5sLA_Y&t=2m52s&hd=1

Cevat claims C3 will look even better? Skeptical. As i said, clean up the framerate and maybe a little pop in first :p

Well C2 was their first console game. I'm very sure they would have learned how to better optimise their technology and art pipeline so as to see better results on the consoles.

I have no doubt C3 will look better than C2 on consoles ;-)

That's PC BF3
No it's not.
It's xbox 360.

Havent played Uncharted 3 yet but if it's like 2 the animation can be bad, character models in cutscenes eyes crawl, etc, it just doesn't come together polish wise for some reason for me. But definitely one of the elite.
I am talking about gameplay, the way Drake moves..interacts with environment physically. I haven't seen a single game come close to that level of animation and that level of fluidity in blending.

Also faces in cutscenes are hand animated, and still they are far from bad...others games don't even go for good facial animation infact Crysis won't even be one of the games if I'm talking about great facial animations. Good skin shaders? yea but not animations.

Main reason I would be skeptical is that C2 has such framerate and pop in problems.

Maybe he can do a little better graphics with the same degree of those problems, but that would be a bit hollow. :p

Hoping for even 10% better graphics PLUS attention paid to the dire frame rate and pop in problems seems like too much.

I have noticed though that most impressive late gen games all seem to consciously trade pop in for visuals though. It seems to be unavoidable, choose your poison.

No it's not.
It's xbox 360.

I am talking about gameplay, the way Drake moves..interacts with environment physically. I haven't seen a single game come close to that level of animation and that level of fluidity in blending.

The way Drake runs looks retarded, I'm sorry :p

BF3 PC doesn't supports 360 controller. And HD texture pack is an option with the Xbox 360 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
PC gamers REJOICE

dx11wooooc9jbv.jpg

No rejoicing for me until I see they support DX10/10.1 this time around

I know that Crytek had all graphical bells and whistles in Crysis 2. Even exclusives like KZ3 don't have SSAO or HDR for example. Yes, its more polished and yes it smoother, but there are things they cut out. Its all about compromises and Crytek went for frame rate in C2.

Just the first level, when you get out of the gate and you get almost a forest in front of you. I guess those trees are very hard to render since there is alot of them, there is more polygons and alot of them cast a shadows which, because of threes swaying in the wind, play around in real time. Its much more open than any other shooter with those graphics so pop up is expected. I know that was one of the levels frame rate dragged down. Some other graphically heavy games carefully avoid these kind of tasks, but I guess Crytek couldn't because of their vision and PC version which would then seriously suffer.

Every Crytek related thread always comes down to this :D , this is the best looking game/ this is not the best looking game !!! :LOL: I think Cevat must see all these threads as a compliment ;) !

Back