Crytek Presents: CRYSIS 3 [PS3, 360]

I don't know Crytek, not sure if these screenshots can match up to Unreal Engine 4. They still look really good but I'm not one bit blown away yet.

Does this imply that you've seen Unreal Engine 4? :oops::eek:
Haha unfortunately no, sorry for the confusion mate. But just going by what Epic has described of UE4, it just seems to be on a whole different level than what's shown here. And honestly judging by these shots they look almost exactly like Crysis 2, though of course the video might show more improvements. The thing is, if this game is also on current gen consoles then the art assets, level design and gameplay would have to be held back. In a way, I can say it's not "native nextgen" if you know what I mean.

Haha unfortunately no, sorry for the confusion mate. But just going by what Epic has described of UE4, it just seems to be on a whole different level than what's shown here. And honestly judging by these shots they look almost exactly like Crysis 2, though of course the video might show more improvements. The thing is, if this game is also on current gen consoles then the art assets, level design and gameplay would have to be held back. In a way, I can say it's not "native nextgen" if you know what I mean.

If Crysis 3 is using Direct X11 heavily on the PC it would imply that it is native next gen.

Since you know, current gen consoles are Direct X9...

I would consider the generation basis to be the consoles it's on.

EG PS3, 360, =current gen (with some spiffing up on PC)

I dont think this is the next gen Crysis you're looking for. That doesn't make it bad or even not the best looking game out there (if C2 is an indication) imo.

If it was for durango/orbis, then it would be next gen, and hopefully blow our minds like you expect a Crysis title to do.

On consoles I doubt it will look significantly better than C2, as that game pushes consoles about as far as they will be imo. But it'll still be really pretty. If they can clean up some of the pop in and framerate I'd be happy.

This also means The Last of Us and Crysis 3 will be compared a lot, they both have the same setting too ! Where's the creativity gone? what happened to games that were set on other planets ? Gaming is doomed :D !

This also means The Last of Us and Crysis 3 will be compared a lot, they both have the same setting too ! Where's the creativity gone? what happened to games that were set on other planets ? Gaming is doomed :D !

Freaky huh? Only thing separating the 2 is the abundance of water based physics in Crysis.

Reminds me of Enslaved ! They had the same nature-takes-over-New-York visuals (but they have amazing sense of colours)!

I actually thought Enslaved looked fugly. So would never use "Enslaved" and "amazing" in the same sentence :p

Hoping both Crysis 3 and TLOU can do the overgrown post-apocalytic world setting justice.

(or if both fail, perhaps either dev could make us a proper fist of the North star game :D)

Enslaved might have looked bad, but the colour palletes of each environments were beautiful, just like in Heavenly Sword! Maybe they were not good with UE3, but the game was beautiful, especially if you have played it. Videos don't do it justice at all.

I also thought it looked kinda shitty, but I have a bit of an issue with how most UE3 games look in general. They always look incredibly noisy and busy, and when they happen to actually make use of color every once in a blue moon, they immediately look sorta garish.

I would consider the generation basis to be the consoles it's on.

EG PS3, 360, =current gen (with some spiffing up on PC)

I dont think this is the next gen Crysis you're looking for. That doesn't make it bad or even not the best looking game out there (if C2 is an indication) imo.

If it was for durango/orbis, then it would be next gen, and hopefully blow our minds like you expect a Crysis title to do.

On consoles I doubt it will look significantly better than C2, as that game pushes consoles about as far as they will be imo. But it'll still be really pretty. If they can clean up some of the pop in and framerate I'd be happy.
Yeah it would probably be the best looking PC game when it comes out but the progression in visuals has slowed down. Also I hope Crytek learned some new optimization for the consoles to them at least native 720p this time. And yeah, the low framerate, pop ins and ghosting have to go.

If Crysis 3 is using Direct X11 heavily on the PC it would imply that it is native next gen.

Since you know, current gen consoles are Direct X9...
Or it implies that it's a sort of generation-straddling game, like Half-Life 2, which was a DX7 game with DX9 paint slapped on here and there and hi-res assets for more powerful PCs.

Yeah it would probably be the best looking PC game when it comes out but the progression in visuals has slowed down. Also I hope Crytek learned some new optimization for the consoles to them at least native 720p this time. And yeah, the low framerate, pop ins and ghosting have to go.

If that game is native 720p with a stable framerate you can expect alot of the graphical fidelity from Crysis 2 on console to be cut. There just isn't enough RAM...

Enslaved might have looked bad, but the colour palletes of each environments were beautiful, just like in Heavenly Sword! Maybe they were not good with UE3, but the game was beautiful, especially if you have played it. Videos don't do it justice at all.

I did play it though RenegadeRocks. from beginning to end. I did enjoy the game for the most part (aside from the nonesense ending).

The use of colour was nice, but it wasn't enough for me to overcome the horrible art direction, terrible character modelling (aside from the main characters), and utterly utterly sh!tty texture detail, or lack thereof (even for console).

I did play it on PS3, so perhaps the game looked much better on PC.

Either way I don't think Crysis 3 or TLOU would have any problems outdoing Enslaved's depiction of the setting, especially on console.

Yes, textures were really bad ! And I never meant that there was any competition from Enslaved to Crysis. Maybe you didn't catch it well, what I meant was these crysis screenshots remind me of Enslaved, as in it looks bad, bad as Enslaved ;) ! Its just that I was thinking aloud that I believe at least the colour pallete was better in Enslaved. I had even mentioned once in the Enslaved thread that they should have picked Cryengine for thei game , instead of UE3 ! Looks my wish will now be put to test :) ! Lets see how overgrown NY looks in Cryengine 3.

But I do disagree on the point of Art direction. I thought art direction inEnslaved was great, it was the engine which let them down.

Yes, textures were really bad ! And I never meant that there was any competition from Enslaved to Crysis. Maybe you didn't catch it well, what I meant was these crysis screenshots remind me of Enslaved, as in it looks bad, bad as Enslaved ;) ! Its just that I was thinking aloud that I believe at least the colour pallete was better in Enslaved. I had even mentioned once in the Enslaved thread that they should have picked Cryengine for the game , instead of UE3 ! Looks my wish will now be put to test :) ! Lets see how overgrown NY looks in Cryengine 3.

But I do disagree on the point of Art direction. I thought art direction inEnslaved was great, it was the engine which let them down.

Ah my bad... I see what you're saying about the comparison of Crysis 3 & Enslaved now ;-)

Although I would say though that the difference in colour pallete was purley down to the art direction and artistic style. I wouldn't say Enslaved had a "better" colour pallete, it was more colourful, but to me more colour =! better. Crysis wouldn't have looked right with bright colours everywhere, as the bleakness of the muted colour tones were designed to ellicit feelings of sombreness or reflect the bleakness of the situation given the alien invasion. Enslaved was simply colourful for colourful's sake, to make the world seem more beautiful and vibrant (which on its own isn't bad at all). Enslaved was also more comical in its aesthetic and art direction, as opposed to Crysis' nuanced realism.

I don't particularly think that using CryEngine 3 for Enslaved would have made much of a difference with Enslaved too. There were many UE3 games released before Enslaved which were far more polished and better presented than Enslaved. NT simply had problems with the develoment of Enslaved, and that's obvious when you look at how good DmC currently looks (still on UE3 tech). I think Enslaved was their first game on new technology (Sony confiscated all the Heavenly Sword Tech that NT and Sony Cambridge co-dev'd when they broke partnership). I just think Enslaved was a rushed game.

Plus I disagree on the art direction point too, as the game's art was all over the place in my opinion. The main characters and the enemies didn't looked like they belonged in the same game world. Very inconsistent. Whereas you look at a game like Crysis (the first one) and the art direction was very consistent with the design of everything from the weapons, to the nanosuit, to the alien tech. Crysis 2 on the other hand was a bit more of a let down in the art department. The alien and alien mech design just looked horribly generic and out of place in the game world. They were also hugely in consistent with the alien model and technology in the first Crysis game. Crysis 3 seems to unfortunately continue the poor designs, as opposed to the superb designs in Crysis 1 :(

PC gamers REJOICE

dx11wooooc9jbv.jpg

Console gamers be afraid. Crysis 3 will make your consoles EXPLODE! lol

c3x8kjv.jpg

Back