Crysis full game

SLI is working for me, but I had to spend some time on it.

First go to safemode and uninstall your old drivers, then run one of those reg cleaners from the nvnews forums to get rid of everything.

Then reboot in safemode and install the new drivers (the ones that grant sli support). Restart.

You have to enable it in the nvidia control panel first.

I ran several benchmarks to make sure I wasnt seeing things and indeed theres about a 10 fps boost (from 20 fps to 30 fps on avg). This was under dx9 and vista 32bit with custom high settings tweaks. Also dont touch the console r_multigpu command. It should automatically default to nvidia profile settings (which I think = 2, but yea just dont touch it).

So like I said im running everything on ultrahigh under dx9 with SLI at 30fps at 1280*1024 (I disabled motionblur and depthoffield = 1, so a little fps gain there)

Vista drivers are bad. No SLI support and game has a tendency to crash with these drivers (as well as other games).

What exactly did you not understand from my post?169.09 drivers bring preliminary SLi support. Unless you have an adequate reason for contradicting a number of reviewers(including ChrisRay who has been quite truthful in the past) who have shown as much, and another bunch of users who've been gushing over finally having SLi in Crysis, it's safe to say that you're not getting SLi due to something in your configuration. About the crashing I really dunno, GFX drivers aren't exactly the paradigm of stability these days.

So I thought i'd make a new thread, considering the full game is out and I just finished it.

Bottomline, these are the best graphics we have ever seen in a game. Using the dx9 tweaks posted on the incrysis forums, I was able to get between 20-40 fps with my GTS SLI (they require the new beta drivers to work). This corresponds to the ultra high settings give or take a feature here and there

The action is intense at points, and the freedom is breathtaking. At any point during the game, a situation might happen thats totally unexpected and makes you boggle at the engine. For instance at one point I was in deep trouble and running behind a car for cover when I run face to face with a guy. I grab him by the throat and throw him. Except he lands on a landmine and proceeds to explode several others nearby and the nearby building caves in and kills the people who were picking me off). There are many other things like that (like when a helicopter blows up and the carcass falls down on top of me killing me outright).

Story is good, its a tad short depending on how you play it, but worth every second of it.

The AI is pretty solid, the only thing that irratates me is how many shots it takes to take a person down (tweakable of course, but it makes things too easy).

I've had several bugs while playing, probably due to the beta drivers. There is a memory leak that restarting will cure, and sometimes sound just randomly turns off (also a restart). But yes, several points during the story you will see visuals that are so night and day diffferent than anything you've ever seen, its worth it for that alone.

I got it yesterday!:D
I love it, the graphics are more than amazing, the AI is the best I have ever seen and the gameplay and everything is so fantastic that I´m pretty much speachless.
I have never been this satisfied with a game!
And I have a bit better performance with the full game.

I love it too, the appeal of the freedom is overwhelming. Also, the MP is fun.

Now for some awesome patches to fix, for example, the rocket launcher not killing, not even harming, the wielder when shooting it point blank at someone else.

I love it too, the appeal of the freedom is overwhelming. Also, the MP is fun.

Now for some awesome patches to fix, for example, the rocket launcher not killing, not even harming, the wielder when shooting it point blank at someone else.

I have not tested MP yet, but I had the MP beta demo and it was amazing!:oops:
The first patch is arriving in less then a week or two.

What exactly did you not understand from my post?169.09 drivers bring preliminary SLi support. Unless you have an adequate reason for contradicting a number of reviewers(including ChrisRay who has been quite truthful in the past) who have shown as much, and another bunch of users who've been gushing over finally having SLi in Crysis, it's safe to say that you're not getting SLi due to something in your configuration. About the crashing I really dunno, GFX drivers aren't exactly the paradigm of stability these days.

Well how about my experience corresponding with several others around the net.
For instance here is a link to Nvidia forums on this very topic and many/most posters are not experiencing SLI in Vista. There is one instance of an intended fix (for Vista64), but it doesnt work and I have seen various statements concerning this around the net with mixed results. These drivers do not bring "preliminary" support in Vista64 "What exactly do you not understand about this post".

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101231&page=6

Here is more from the Crysis forums.

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12988&p=1

Do you run Vista/Vista64 or SLI?? I could personally care less how many "statements" you have read on the issue by reviewers as I can vouch for my personal experience as well as 3 others that I know personally that have a similar build. Very few make a difference when stating "Vista" now whether or not this is simply a Vista32 verse Vista64 difference I am not sure.

I would assume that it is possible that so many may simply have some kind of component or software issue with the situation but at the same time with this being a wide spread issue its not as if it is "just me".

There is a difference of approx. 2 - 4 fps between the 163.75 official drivers and 169.09 beta drivers, I doubt this is due to preliminary SLI support. Using the nHance scenario makes no difference in gameplay fps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well how about my experience corresponding with several others around the net.
For instance here is a link to Nvidia forums on this very topic and many/most posters are not experiencing SLI in Vista. There is one instance of an intended fix (for Vista64), but it doesnt work and I have seen various statements concerning this around the net with mixed results. These drivers do not bring "preliminary" support in Vista64 "What exactly do you not understand about this post".

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101231&page=6

Disappointing. Vista and no SLI. :(

Does anyone have a save right after
you kill General Kyong? because I seem to have a bug that no matter how many times I get a clear headshot(or use any other weapon for that matter), he never dies and im stuck in that part.

So if anyone has one, i'd appreciate it :smile:

64-bit support from in-crysis forum

Community Manager Alexander Marschal a.k.a. Cry-Alex sent these instructions for those who have bought and downloaded Crysis from EA Store and are having problems with the 64-bit Crysis.exe file not working:

To get the 64-bit .exe file working please copy the “lang.ini”, “paul.dll” and “unicows.dll” from the Bin32 folder into the Bin64 folder. After that you will be able to launch Crysis from the 64-bit directory.

I've been playing for 3 hours now and just working my way through the village on the second level to save the hostage ( who one would hope if a young damsel ).

My rocket launcher seems to have become invisible for some reason so I have stopped to let things cool down.

Very engrossing.

Does anyone have a save right after
you kill General Kyong? because I seem to have a bug that no matter how many times I get a clear headshot(or use any other weapon for that matter), he never dies and im stuck in that part.

So if anyone has one, i'd appreciate it :smile:
I beat the game on normal and can email you whatever save you like from that if you tell me the file name. However,
I simply pummled the guy by circle strafing him with maximum strength
, so it might be easier to just give that a try or two.

Vista64 bit users with SLI might wanna redownload the 169.09 drivers. The nvapps accidently didnt ship with the Crysis64.exe in them. Or you can just rename Crysis64.exe to Crysis.exe.

thanks Chris.

are you playing Crysis with SLI? Did you test the game without SLI?

Any differences in frame rates?

I beat the game on normal and can email you whatever save you like from that if you tell me the file name. However,
I simply pummled the guy by circle strafing him with maximum strength
, so it might be easier to just give that a try or two.

I tried again this morning and
he just died with a full SMG clip wtf?

I've encountered some of the bugs that others have experienced(bugs that typically get you stuck), but I somehow managed to pass them eventually so w00t I guess :D

Finally beat the game. Didnt really soak in the sights and walk around, just ran through the whole game. Im personally satisfied with the SP despite playing on low/med settings, should be even nicer when I get a new video card at some point.

Havent tried multiplayer yet, probably will sometime tonight.

So fellow Crysiserers, does CoD4 have anything on this game? I've spent lots of time with Crysis and am really enjoying myself here. It's awfully tough on Delta sometimes, but I really prefer the challenge.

Vista64 bit users with SLI might wanna redownload the 169.09 drivers. The nvapps accidently didnt ship with the Crysis64.exe in them. Or you can just rename Crysis64.exe to Crysis.exe.
Curious, the game executable in my bin64 was always just named Crysis.exe, exactly the same as the one in the bin32 folder.

Why in this pic the texture of the rock seems so low res ?

Low res? I guess you haven't played many console games. You can always pick out a low res texture from some random screenshot of a game. But the pic is overall clearly spectacular. Picking out some (arguably) "low res" textue of a rock in the bottom corner doesn't make any sense to me.

Back