Cross platform game IGN scores PS3 vs 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAve you seen the IGN interview with Jack Tretton?

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html

Have you ?

becuase this was what was said

It's definately real, I guess we're pretty good at keeping secrets because the dev kits are out there. The dev kits are very intuitive, and people have done some incredible things. That is something Ted wanted to make sure everyone understood, that is real gampley everybody is seeing out there.

Ted, not Kaz.

Ok. The PS3 is out now, so why don't we just let it live and die by the games. Sony no longer can tell us, they need to show us.

They have a very capable machine, and very capable developers. For those people who buy either a PS3 or a 360, I can't see either regretting their purchase 5 years from now.

So why don't we just sit back and enjoy the games. Go play online, get to be friends with someone in another country, single handedly save the world, and let these corporate monoliths slug it out. The fight will be entertaining, but lets keep the action in the ring and not let a riot ensue in the audience :yes:

I have no arguements with what's been thrown on the table...

Just wondering which games that were mentioned are at the same resolution?

The validity of like titles being compared isn't fruitful if they have different settings involved...

It's kind of like comparing marvel alliance( as an example) across all platforms...

because it was the developers who decided on the settings involved...

the comparison should be isolated on a specific requirement...

like cross-platform games that are both rendered at 720p.

the comparison should be isolated on a specific requirement...

like cross-platform games that are both rendered at 720p.

The only PS3 game to launch this week at a native resolution of 1080p was RR7 (and NBA 07 which is exclusive). All others are at 720p AFAIK.

You wanna know the reason? Because the CELL is a hard as hell to code for.

And no, usually developer statment about why stuff dont work, or why what plattform is good or bad is worthless comments. A developer working for sony, cannot say something negative about the PS3, and a X360 dev will not say anything bad about the X360. So its all PR statments
What about EA who develops for both? Aren't they responsible for one of the games in question? They are who I'd like to hear from. Not Ostepop who's currently developing...how many games?
Ostepop said:
The fact that you use M$ instead of MS, speaks for itself....
Don't read anything into it. If you've read any of my posts from the past, it's how I've always referred to them. Not because it's supposed to incite anything negative, but that they're made of $$$.
Ostepop said:
I like how YOU are allowed to use PR bull statements, but we arent. (after all you claimed that the PS1 lasted 10 years)
Which PR statements am I using? The PS1/PSOne lasting 10yrs? But didn't it? Just because you didn't care for it, didn't mean it wasn't available.
Ostepop said:
You have now, stated several times that games will continue to get better and better on the PS3. SO WHAT? Are theese games here now? Do you know how good theese games will look? And most importanly, SO WILL THE X360 GAMES.... So that argument is irrelevant. We can bash anything we want based on what it delivers NOW, we do not have to wait 6 years until the final game is done.
Alright. This ain't going nowhere, and unless you have something new to add, lets just agree to disagree. I will say this: a race always starts with the competitors taking off at the same time, but it will be the better person that'll win - hence my suggestion to hold off insults and bashings until they're both in full stride. But you're firmly focused on just bashing SONY that this debate will end up in the closed box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back