Crazy Childhood Stuff

When I was 4 and my sister was 2 I was bored and wanted someone to play football (soccer) with. Girls dont play football I was told so in a moment of genius a plan emerged in my mind.

Whilst My mum was on the phone talking to my auntie for quite a while I took a large pair of scissors and cut off most of my little sisters long curly hair whilst she sat their quite happy and most co-operative. I would take a snip, and carefully put the hair in the bin beside me. With most of her hair off I took her to mum and said "mummy mummy, look, my sister is a boy now so she can play football with me!"

My mum's face went pale as she screamed at the top of her voice.......

My sisters hair never again grew those lovely curls she once had and to this day she is still resentful of that :D

You silly twisted boy. :LOL:

PVR_Extremist said:
When I was 4 and my sister was 2 I was bored and wanted someone to play football (soccer) with. Girls dont play football I was told so in a moment of genius a plan emerged in my mind.

Whilst My mum was on the phone talking to my auntie for quite a while I took a large pair of scissors and cut off most of my little sisters long curly hair whilst she sat their quite happy and most co-operative. I would take a snip, and carefully put the hair in the bin beside me. With most of her hair off I took her to mum and said "mummy mummy, look, my sister is a boy now so she can play football with me!"

My mum's face went pale as she screamed at the top of her voice.......

My sisters hair never again grew those lovely curls she once had and to this day she is still resentful of that :D

Basic said:
(*) Hmm, that word came straight from my dictionary, but I'm not sure if I got it right. So I'll give an alternative description: that metal thingy that usually sits below a window.
If I remember correctly, you're talking about a radiator. A Swedish girl I dated and I had this discussion way back.

The window sill (in the US) is the bottom of the window frame. Usually there's a little shelf that sticks out as decoration (or a place to put plants)

Window sill:
b98822.jpg

Radiator:
radiator.jpg

Thanks for the help Russ.
But I don't think it was a radiator, since those usually sit on the side of the wall were it's not so easy to make ice slides. :D

Hmm, maybe winow sills do too, and my dictionary is bad.

I'm talking about the bottom part of the outside of the window frame. A piece of sheet metal that usually sticks out a few cm from the wall, and often have sharp corners.
Found another dictionary: "fönsterbleck"-swe = "window-ledge"-eng

Back