*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

Part of the original Crysis's problem is that Crytek didn't set up their own game's settings very well. Modders have definitely made the game look much better than its stock form. It can look better than stock and run faster at the same time. But still the more recent tech in Cryengine 3 can make for superior visuals due to the improved tone mapping and such. It is unfortunate that they go overboard on the effects to show them off.

Gosh is the sun going nova in the console versions or something?
The game looks great to me, for a console anyway. But this reminds me of XP when using the Classic Windows theme, which was one of my favourites, and the one I used like 99% of the time. I usually preferred it, but it was too bright for me.

I fixed this going to Display Properties, then Appearance, and there I always chose Rainy Day in the colour scheme menu. It worked like a charm.

Gosh is the sun going nova in the console versions or something?
... :D

Actually I'm wondering if this is affected by standing in shade and some sort of iris-like simulation or some such. It was also said that the video isn't recent footage. I guess we'll just have to see what happens during play.

In terms of lighting and tonemapping, Fuel is the game to beat. I've never seen a game with more convincing lighting. The way the exposure adapts to whether your under the shaded trees or out in the sunlight couldn't be more spot-on.

Screenshots don't even do it justice, but I still think they show what good lighting can do to a game and how far off Crysis is.
thatshowyoutonemapo7xy.jpg

In terms of lighting and tonemapping, Fuel is the game to beat. I've never seen a game with more convincing lighting. The way the exposure adapts to whether your under the shaded trees or out in the sunlight couldn't be more spot-on.

Screenshots don't even do it justice, but I still think they show what good lighting can do to a game and how far off Crysis is.

I know it's not for this thread but WOW, that looks ridiculously good! I think I'll check that game out!

The console shot is exaggerated but overall it is much closer to reality. It's the same with Crysis 2.

I dunno, I guess it's a matter of personal preference. To me the lighting in the PC shot is softer and warmer, seems more natural and closer to what you'd expect on a hot, still day on a tropical island than the console lighting.

The console lighting definately pops out at you more thanks to the high contrast but for me that's would in most cases be to the games detriment (although I can envisage situations in the game where it may not - the alien ship for example).

I own that on PC, and don't remember it looking anywhere near that good. Having said that I did only play it for 30 mins and decide it wasn't worth it. Perhaps I forgot to up the settings...

Yeah just realised I already had the demo. I think it does look that good at max but I got tired of the gameplay pretty quick. Didn't really give it a proper chance though as I'm not a huge fan of racing games.

I think it does look that good at max
It does. These are straight off of Steam's screenshot function.

I got tired of the gameplay pretty quick. Didn't really give it a proper chance though as I'm not a huge fan of racing games.
What I love about this game is the open world. Going from one end of the map to the other takes about 2 hours even when driving full speed, and there are no loading interruptions at all.
The game world is gigantic, and I love offroading there, seeing some amazing vistas and really just driving around while admiring the landscape and yes, the gorgeous lighting. No better way to chill (gotta turn off the game's music though).

P.S.: See those mountains in the bottom center screenshot? This is not a 2D background. You can drive there all the way uninterrupted and go offroading in the snow.

Back