cleanest , purest MoBo available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, for a better psychological effect, I'd use a full ATX motherboard, stick the sound card on the bottom PCI slot and enable spread spectrum in the BIOS.
maybe a reasonable mobo with IGP (asus P5B-V). or maybe a vid card such as a 7100GS. also, using the PC on an UPS (I guess you already do that)

swaaye, you're running a monstrous GPU, probably the most powerful computer chip ever produced (barring G92 which is more of the same), eating gobs of watts, I don't know if the mobo is partly to blame but we sure spotted a major source of noise.

A moderator says:

What the hell are you talking about? You seem to have little concept of what you even want.

I ask everyone without sufficient knowledge about "wtf" we are talkin about, please leave no remark here, Im not a mac fanboy, I find Jobs 's stuff shady as well.

Examples of what we don't want in these forums. Try harder at participating in a civilized and so hopefully more constructive manner, guys. Skrying, the primary intent of these forums is (hopefully mutual) learning, so insults aren't considered a meaningful contribution. playboss, The primary nature of these forums is public, so asking everyone to butt out of "your" thread isn't an option. You'll just have to put up with other posts while you await the One True Answer of No Cost to You.

So, knock it off, yous knuckleheads.

the question is :
cleanest , purest MoBo available?

1.someguy: "bullshit" "any" "no issue"
2.i ask him to stop.
3. he starts to flame my topic
4. then someone comes, repeats 1, + i can "can my attitude"

sorry i dont have time for this, time to "can my account"

So, what you're saying is, you're ignoring the information that two seperate people have given you? Maybe you forgot:
The links are talking about linear power supplies. The problem is, it's the entire motherboard that causes electical noise, emits EMI and other such issues like grounding loops from imperfect / imbalanced ground planes amongst the multiple layers.

Had you been paying attention, you'd have seen mention in the DIYAudio forums that most (if not all) of this noise is removed from PCI-connected audio cards that come with their own voltage regulation circuitry. If you have a $700 sound card, chances are the manufacturer spent at least a few dollars on building a proper VRM setup.

And if they didn't? You got ripped off, because even $50 PCI-based SoundBlaster cards have that kind of equipment.

This isn't a PC versus Mac thing; they're made up of the same electronics and will have the exact same problems. This is YOU buying a good sound card that has it's own filters, ground-loop isolation and RF shielding as to keep all the noise OUT from whatever system it's plugged into.

For the noise of a switch-mode power supply to be an issue you'd have to be dealing with extremely high frequencies. Switch mode supplies switch at >1MHz and I'm fairly sure that's above the range of human hearing which would matter for audio work. Even then there would be filter capacitors so the only noise you're likely to see would come from massive fluctuations in the current being drawn.

Also like was mentioned almost all sound card have their own voltage regulation. This would isolate the card from almost any noise coming from the power supply or other components.

yes thats the point, its everything is in digital realm until it reaches outside, but the corrupted clocking going to manifest itself at the receiving end. The phase locked loop on the receiving end has to recover the clocking, so if it was corrupted back then, when inside the PC, I can fuck it.
I hear that if you smear vaseline on the SPDIF connectors it evens out the clocking.

OK, playboss gets the last-ish word, and this thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back