CG footage of next gen star wars game?

If they can match that target render, especially the interactivity, that game could be awesome.

Looks pretty swish. Doesn't appear to be anything in there that shouldn't be manageable by this wave of consoles.

Worrying use of the "force" or whatever all that mumbo jumbo/mind power throwing people about thing is. Give me a light sabre!

Neat, but why do force powers need make noise...
Except as user feedback, I don't like the idea. (Would be nice to be able to disable those sounds)

(And yes I know all Jedi Knight games had force powers making noise)

Ingenu said:
Neat, but why do force powers need make noise...
Except as user feedback, I don't like the idea. (Would be nice to be able to disable those sounds)

Considering one of the next-gen consoles lacks Rumble, sound may be the only feeedback they get from Force Powers.

It's always been sound in the star wars games hasnt it? Mouse and keyboard never had rumble either AFIK Powderkeg. Anyways, the video reminds me of what we would expect from the next jedi knights. (3rd person camera, light saber and force powers) I'm not much of a star wars fan, but I did enjoy playing jedi knights online a bit. Looking forward to seeing what happens with this one.

Bad_Boy said:
.... Mouse and keyboard never had rumble either ....

which has nothing to do with whether or not it would have been appreciated or been a nice addition to using Force Powers. :)

Which IMO it would.

Also, this video looks pretty cool to me.

Bad_Boy said:
Mouse and keyboard never had rumble
i have 2 mice with rumble, and Jedi Knight 2 supports them.

i agree that i don't see anything that's really out of the scope of what we've already seen on the new consoles in realtime. i just hope they go with a similar control setup as the one they had for Obi Wan. control was the only thing good about that game.

Tap In said:
which has nothing to do with whether or not it would have been appreciated or been a nice addition to using Force Powers. :)
Of course rumble would be appreciated, I was just pointing out its not a make it or break it feature as it never really meant much in the pc versions of jedi knight, which was always the best star wars games imho. Sound has for the most part always been apart of force power attacks (although in the movies iirc most force powers were without).

see colon said:
i have 2 mice with rumble, and Jedi Knight 2 supports them.
Thats cool, did not know they existed. But you gotta admit, the majority of pc gamers most likely dont own "rumble" mouses.

Bad_Boy said:
It's always been sound in the star wars games hasnt it? Mouse and keyboard never had rumble either AFIK Powderkeg.

My mouse has rumble.

And I'm not sure how your comment is relevent in a CONSOLE forum.

If they deliver that, I'm sold. However EA/Tiberiun has soured me on the whole 'target render' marketing thing for life.

Powderkeg said:
Considering one of the next-gen consoles lacks Rumble, sound may be the only feeedback they get from Force Powers.
It's a shame actually seeing the enemies be picked up on the screen isn't any sort of feedback :p

Said console sans rumble might offer other possibilities though, like moving your character with the left stick while moving the force-lifted objects using motion, versus non-motion control having you rooted to the spot while performing force lifts. That'd be a nice feature IMO.

It'd be perfect using the wiimote when the old guy picks up a soldier and tosses him about, too bad graphics look a bit beyond what that little box is likely to manage. Still, who knows? :p No idea if this really is legit tho, I guess a fan with some skillz and too much time on his hands could put something like this together... After all, there must be plenty of premade SW models and textures to be found on teh intarwebs, it might not have to be as much work as one thinks. :p

Guden Oden said:
It'd be perfect using the wiimote when the old guy picks up a soldier and tosses him about, too bad graphics look a bit beyond what that little box is likely to manage. Still, who knows? :p

What about the PS3 controler?

I think it'd be different. With the Wii, you'd point where you want the picked-up-item to move. With PS3 it'd be less direct, more moving the controller in the direction you want the character to go. The results should be similar though. A wiggle of the hands would shake it around, and the speed at which you move and when you release would determine the objects trajectory. eg.

On Wii (that's the console, not the football player ;))
Press trigger to Force-hold an enemy. Move the Wiimote up to position the enemy. Give it some sidewise movement and release the trigger to release the hold, throwing the enemy at the speed you give it (insert ragdoll phsyics here...)

On PS3
Press X to Force-lift. An enemy is raised a few feet above the ground. Move controller up to lift him higher. Give it a sideways shunt to apply lateral motion and release X button to send him flying.

You could do similar on two sticks, with shoulder button to lift, right stick to move left/right/forward/backward, but you'd miss an easy 3rd dimension and it wouldn't so intuitutive.

Powderkeg said:
My mouse has rumble.
Thats nice, and read my comment about that above.

And I'm not sure how your comment is relevent in a CONSOLE forum.
I was simply stating that the pc star wars game always shined brighter than the console ports. Majority of pc owners probably have mouses without rumble. And you made it sound like the lack of rumble may greatly degrade the console game.
sound may be the only feeedback they get from Force Powers

Shifty Geezer said:
On Wii (that's the console, not the football player ;))
Press trigger to Force-hold an enemy. Move the Wiimote up to position the enemy. Give it some sidewise movement and release the trigger to release the hold, throwing the enemy at the speed you give it (insert ragdoll phsyics here...)

On PS3
Press X to Force-lift. An enemy is raised a few feet above the ground. Move controller up to lift him higher. Give it a sideways shunt to apply lateral motion and release X button to send him flying.
That actually sounds pretty fun. I'm interested in what lucasarts will do with the light saber stuff for the wii.

Bad_Boy said:
I was simply stating that the pc star wars game always shined brighter than the console ports. Majority of pc owners probably have mouses without rumble. And you made it sound like the lack of rumble may greatly degrade the console game.

Forget the PC and stick to consoles. The console games have always used rumble to give the player feedback, so yes, removing that rumble would be a degredation of the console games. (How much of a degredation is a matter of opinion, but it is a degredation.)

Shifty Geezer said:
It's a shame actually seeing the enemies be picked up on the screen isn't any sort of feedback :p

And what happens if you miss?

You use a Force Power, but miss your target. There is no sound, and there is no rumble. What feedback do you have then?

Powderkeg said:
Forget the PC and stick to consoles.
Even when the console games are pc ports?

so yes, removing that rumble would be a degredation of the console games. (How much of a degredation is a matter of opinion, but it is a degredation.)
Did I not already say this? I suspect this would be a relatively large degredation to you, no? or else you wouldnt have posted on the matter?
Powderkeg said:
And what happens if you miss?

You use a Force Power, but miss your target. There is no sound, and there is no rumble. What feedback do you have then?
Why wouldnt there be sound?

Back