CELL will be there in PS3!

Paul said:
"Of course i wont yield to the fact that many articles and even press releases starte the cell wont be used in the ps3"

Although this CURRENT SCEI article proves other wise? What's the past means nothing, because this current scei article proves that cell will be used in the "next gen comp system" which everyone knows is ps3.

I ask you this, why would SCEI lie?

Read the article that was just posted. They still use words like may in it when talking about the ps3 and cell chip. They allso talk about how the cell chip will be used in a broad range of products . If this proved it they would not be saying may be used or bringing up other articles that state it wont be used .

""With this investment, SCEI will manufacture the new microprocessor for the broadband era, code-named “Cellâ€￾, as well as other system LSIs, to be used for the next generation computer entertainment system.""

Where are the may's and if's?

So your telling me your going to trust an article over an official SCEI statement? How sad is that, and no you didn't answear the question. Your trying to bring other things into the fray to get off topic.

Answear it, why would SCEI lie in this CURRENT statement?

Paul said:
""With this investment, SCEI will manufacture the new microprocessor for the broadband era, code-named “Cellâ€￾, as well as other system LSIs, to be used for the next generation computer entertainment system.""

Where are the may's and if's?

So your telling me your going to trust an article over an official SCEI statement? How sad is that, and no you didn't answear the question. Your trying to bring other things into the fray to get off topic.

Answear it, why would SCEI lie in this CURRENT statement?
Sony Corp. (Quote, Company Info) said it is investing $1.7 billion in its new "Cell" processor, which is expected to be the engine behind PlayStation 3 and a raft of other future Sony electronic products.
they said expected to be , not is the engine behind .

But as Sony announces a huge investment, it is still not clear when PlayStation 3 will hit the market, and whether the Cell chip technology will actually be built into it
and whether the cell chip technology will actually be built into it (it being the ps3)

Sony is working with Toshiba and IBM (Quote, Company Info) on developing the Cell chip, which could be built into everything from new consumer electronics devices, television set-top boxes, cable and satellite digital broadcast decoders, high-definition televisions, Tivo-like hard-drive recording devices, and mobile phone and computing devices. A portion of Sony's major investment in the Cell development project will also be to upgrade Toshiba's 300mm wafer plant in southwestern Japan, which currently produces chips for PlayStation 2.
It says here that they are using the toshiba plant to make cell chips which would be used in all the things mentioned above , not for the ps3 though .

So you have one part of the article saying it will be used but the rest of the article going against it . Seems like every other article on the web.

Reading this article for the 4th time now i still stand by what i said about that quote . The LSI's seem to be used in the ps3 and not the cell chip. That seems to be used in everything else from the rest of the article .

The most noteworthy chip to emerge from this investment is of course the Cell processor, co-developed by Sony, Toshiba, and IBM. Sony confirmed that this investment will be used to produce the Cell, which will be part of its next game console. The chip itself will debut in 2005, although it's not clear whether the console will appear until later on. Sony stated that further details on the subject would be released after its next strategic management meeting.

http://www.gamers.com/news/1356804

I'm still waiting for you to answear the question.

I have one article?

I HAVE ONE ARTICLE FROM SONY THEMSELVES STATING THAT CELL WILL BE USED IN PS3, FROM SONY THEMSELVES. THAT IS WORTH MORE THAN ANY ARTICLE YOU CAN FIND FROM ANY NEWS SOURCE.

It's NOT just a "article" IT'S A OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM SCEI.

Which means more than ANY pathedic news article you can find.

Paul said:
I'm still waiting for you to answear the question.

I have one article?

I HAVE ONE ARTICLE FROM SONY THEMSELVES STATING THAT CELL WILL BE USED IN PS3, FROM SONY THEMSELVES. THAT IS WORTH MORE THAN ANY ARTICLE YOU CAN FIND FROM ANY NEWS SOURCE.

u just posted it i need a second to read the thing , how about u answer what i posted.

"they said expected to be , not is the engine behind"

Expected to be and PROVEN RIGHT BY SCEI.

"and whether the cell chip technology will actually be built into it (it being the ps3)"

Again I point you to the official scei statement.

"It says here that they are using the toshiba plant to make cell chips which would be used in all the things mentioned above , not for the ps3 though."

And again, the SCEI official announcement proves other wise.

"Reading this article for the 4th time now i still stand by what i said about that quote . The LSI's seem to be used in the ps3 and not the cell chip. That seems to be used in everything else from the rest of the article."

And again, you still bring up that bullshit. After Thair(sp) gave you a grammar lesson, after I clarified it, after EVERYONE disagreed with you, except for bbot(a moron). You still cling on that YOU are reading it the "right" way, which indeed you are not.

Paul said:
The most noteworthy chip to emerge from this investment is of course the Cell processor, co-developed by Sony, Toshiba, and IBM. Sony confirmed that this investment will be used to produce the Cell, which will be part of its next game console. The chip itself will debut in 2005, although it's not clear whether the console will appear until later on. Sony stated that further details on the subject would be released after its next strategic management meeting.

http://www.gamers.com/news/1356804

See now this article is much better to prove your point. Still i'd like to read the full press relase with out any slant .

Sony plans to build a new production line at one of its key plants, capable of producing cutting-edge large silicon wafers such as those needed to produce the Cell, and invest heavily in a new Toshiba plant intended to produce advanced chips.
Sony plans ? So what they haven't even started construction on the new fab? Mabye 2006 for the system is a more likely time frame now . Which makes the quote from ibm that cell wont be ready till 2006 - 2007 more likely . [/url]

"Still i'd like to read the full press relase with out any slant"

Ok here you go, the official SCEI statement.

"With this investment, SCEI will manufacture the new microprocessor for the broadband era, code-named “Cellâ€￾, as well as other system LSIs, to be used for the next generation computer entertainment system."

Paul said:
"Still i'd like to read the full press relase with out any slant"

Ok here you go, the official SCEI statement.

"With this investment, SCEI will manufacture the new microprocessor for the broadband era, code-named “Cellâ€￾, as well as other system LSIs, to be used for the next generation computer entertainment system."

Where is the full press relase , the whole document. What u posted is a quote. Love to see the whole thing. Do you have a link to the full thing un edited by any news sites

Paul said:
"The chip itself will debut in 2005"

Happen to read that?

Yes the cell chip will , Most likely the one used for set top boxes i.e the smallest of the cell chips . Not the one needed to drive a graphics system .

"Yes the cell chip will , Most likely the one used for set top boxes i.e the smallest of the cell chips . Not the one needed to drive a graphics system"

The designchain article said that Cell wouldn't be ready until 2007, which you just proved wrong. Because you just admitted to it coming out 2005. And it is, which has been said in countless news articles.

well for some reason the second page will not display. But i don't see where they say the chip will debut in 2005 in your offical press release .

Can u please paste the whole second page .

Paul said:
"Yes the cell chip will , Most likely the one used for set top boxes i.e the smallest of the cell chips . Not the one needed to drive a graphics system"

The designchain article said that Cell wouldn't be ready until 2007, which you just proved wrong. Because you just admitted to it coming out 2005. And it is, which has been said in countless news articles.

I'm only saying if the quote u posted is true . Other wise i still don't think its coming out till 2006 , 2007 .

"well for some reason the second page will not display. But i don't see where they say the chip will debut in 2005 in your offical press release."

You asked where I got

Which I have just given you the link to, it's on the first page, you didn't ask proof that the chip is going to debut 2005.

Cell debuting 2005 is on 90% of all these news articles about the plant.

Next thing I know your going to say that the news articles aren't a good source for this information, well in that case, neither are your news articles about cell not being in ps3. Which I also want to add, has been proven wrong by an official scei press release.

Back