Call of Duty: Ghost (Consoles)

The maps are really good but too big for 6vs6 fights :( ...is the player count increased for the ps4? Cos right now its like running in empty maps....save this for nextgen. Get bf4 if u r staying on current gen MP.

Extinction and safegaurd are fun thoughand this game has splitscreen which BF doesn't. Pure MP seems more fun in BF this time. I think I will playing Bf for M p and Ghosts for the co op modes, they are fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renegade, Hows the single player.
/Me prepares to beat Renegade with a rubber chicken if he says "I haven't played the single player"

I haven't lpayed the single player :LOL: !

PLayed smoe now and its not bad, actually and a change from the norm. Its not spectacular but atleast I know the names of the characters I am playing. The game si tryint to throw a lot of scenery at me to impress me, but there's hardly any resolution to see anything. Since you will be playing on PC, I guess it might look good there, a change from previous CODs.
PPl who keep saying resolution doesn't matter need to play this on the current gen first and then on the PS4 or PC to get the difference.

Its interesting till now, thanks to it feeling like a true scenario/story of ppl instead of generic missions tied together. I am interested in finishing it, that speaks a lot !

Edit: overall package of the whole game fels average. Also, lacks the shine of the usual cod games.

Where are the dedicated servers? The bloody game keeps making me host and that uses like 30 megs instead of the usual 4 megs a game.

Before anyone says thats a little I have a 5 gig cap.

If you have the game on ps3 and a 1080p screen you should try put your ps3 display settings on 720p. My tv does a much better job of upscaling than the ps3. Weird they used the ps3 for upscaling almost no othet game does.

Came here to post exactly that: where are the dedicated servers they were touting for all platforms? The game keeps migrating from host to host just like before !

Thnax for the resolution tip, will try it out later.

Btw, i have gotten a bit more used to the new pace of big maps and less players. Its enjoyable, but not the way we know COD as. And I am not sure what to make of the unlocking systema dn perks unlocks and all. Am totally confused what to go for amd what not and its not as if the game grants u loads of unlock points either.

PS4 Single player footage.....its 1080p but watch it at whatever resolution beyond which your eyes can't tell a difference ... and save some bandwidth
:LOL:

The differences are really shocking. It's like a completely different engine and lots of different assets... Interesting.

The interview mentions the PS4 version weighs in at 49GB and that apparently is mostly textures, some 2k or more large (check the Eurogamer interview for details). So no surprise that at least shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgm0sGTmTj8

The difference to PS3/360->PS4/PC is actually massive
The guy who got his Xbox One early at Target made a comparison between the Xbox 360 version and the Xbox One iteration of the game.

Picture quality aside... Does the Xbox One version feature Global Illumination? I wonder.

Xbox 360

f7d9532c783355188535321423d527d3.png

Xbox One

47cfbdeaedba8ea5de3180c056431447.png

I really doubt that there's that much dynamic lighting going on in a 60fps game, so I'd expect absolutely no bounce lighting at all. It's probably more about a higher density of environment probes, better lightmap quality, better shadow quality, higher internal color precision and so on...

The interview mentions the PS4 version weighs in at 49GB and that apparently is mostly textures, some 2k or more large (check the Eurogamer interview for details). So no surprise that at least shows.

Anyone measure vram use on this game? I'm curious how much vram use 49gb of textures translates to.

Anyone measure vram use on this game? I'm curious how much vram use 49gb of textures translates to.

Also curious to know how many launch titles are using virtual textures. Seems that with hardware support in these GPUs, that will be a smart way to go, especially considering how much texture detail has increased.

Back