Call of Duty: Ghost (Consoles)

First review of CoD Ghost by Polygon:

"The two versions look nearly identical. Viewing the Xbox One release next to the PS4 , I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference. The next-gen releases of Call of Duty: Ghosts are so close together that gun to my head, I'd have no confidence in being able to discern which version was which — at least, while the two are standing still.

The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout.

For a multiplayer shooter, framerate consistency is paramount. Given its relative visual parity with the PS4 release, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a more playable, slightly superior (albeit disappointing) game on Xbox One."

Bottom Line:

Xbox One Score: 7.0

PS4 Score 6.5

Read the full review at Polygon: http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5052646/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

Well it appears the judder was the frame rate going over 60fps. Easy enough to patch a cap in. I wonder if Polygon will change their review now that 1080P is fixed and the frame rate is actually not lower? I expect not.

lol, that is quite the Achievement (pun intented)..

I didn't want to play this game, but to not cap a game at 60hz?
So they pressed the "lower resolution to 720p", "add blur filter" AND the "unlock framerate above 60hz" buttons when they were create the master disk, all at the same time??

I hope the next one is better, and that they won't have any conspiracy-level artificial handicaps.

lol, that is quite the Achievement (pun intented)..

I didn't want to play this game, but to not cap a game at 60hz?
So they pressed the "lower resolution to 720p", "add blur filter" AND the "unlock framerate above 60hz" buttons when they were create the master disk, all at the same time??

I hope the next one is better, and that they won't have any conspiracy-level artificial handicaps.

Frankly speaking, the next COD by Treyarch will be an actual Next gen COD, so worth watching out for. Also, the fact that they have already goneinto the "future" setting with Mechs in BO2, I wonder if they will take on TitanFall next year ! That would be very interesting. :cool:

I purchased the game because it seems to run at Ultra settings and after seeing CoD: Ghosts at 60 fps and those incredible textures I didn't want to miss out on this one. 34GB to go.

Thanks Cops. They both look great.
A friend told me that the game is nothing to write home about on the Xbox One. I don't know, I purchased it because CoD: Ghosts looks awesome, and BF4 seems to look better on screenshots.

I was awestruck with the quality of CoD, so....

A friend told me that the game is nothing to write home about on the Xbox One. I don't know, I purchased it because CoD: Ghosts looks awesome, and BF4 seems to look better on screenshots.

I was awestruck with the quality of CoD, so....

BF4 on X1 looks and plays great and IMHO blows COD:Ghosts away in all apsects. BF4 feels next gen. And the added Kinect features are nice and useful.

BF4 on X1 looks and plays great and IMHO blows COD:Ghosts away in all apsects. BF4 feels next gen. And the added Kinect features are nice and useful.
Texture quality and lighting is what sold me on CoD. I was in awe during the first minutes of the game, and I knew it is the console creating that picture.

If BF4 is any better I can't wait to try it out!

IW has always had poor sound effects. It's really shocking to go from either Black Ops game to MW3 just because of how bad the latter game sounds. COD4 sounded good at the time, but they never really got any better.

Texture quality and lighting is what sold me on CoD. I was in awe during the first minutes of the game, and I knew it is the console creating that picture.

If BF4 is any better I can't wait to try it out!

BF4 is light years ahead of COD Ghosts. But it will very jaggied on the XBone, be warned, but, yes, if you are okay with GHsots, then it will only look better.

Paracel Storm already looks next gen even on the ps3. Totally wows me everytime that map pops up !

I rented this tonight on PS3. The audio is horrendously bad. Treyarch has blown by IW in the audio department, and this game is actually a step backward from MW2 and 3. I'm not sure, but the guns may actually sound worse than COD4.

Definitely not buying this.

I rented this tonight on PS3. The audio is horrendously bad. Treyarch has blown by IW in the audio department, and this game is actually a step backward from MW2 and 3. I'm not sure, but the guns may actually sound worse than COD4.

Definitely not buying this.

IMO, its the worst COD by far. I have abandoned it. Should have tried out BO2 instead. But its on to PS4 now, so no chance.

oh, and there are hacked lobbies. I was placed in a match and I got like 60000 points for each kill and we could jump like the quake jump pads and we were all level 60 when the game ended :rolleyes: !

There are still enough players online in the ones I have to not need this game. If I really need to fill bars, I can just put in MW3.

oh, and there are hacked lobbies. I was placed in a match and I got like 60000 points for each kill and we could jump like the quake jump pads and we were all level 60 when the game ended :rolleyes: !

Is this on Xbox One? If so, how hard is it to secure your game on a closed system? Or how hard is it to detect a faulty lobby, even on a PC, for a ranked match?

Can't comprehend that, honestly.

I don't know about the current round, but ...

The previous hacked COD Lobbies where on PS3 and XB360. The game did not validate the information it was loading (from disc/hard drive) was valid, so resourceful users applied save files or level data patches to the game file data. This would modify the running parameters of the game. Some of the changes were viral in that if you joined another lobby, the changes you picked up would then be passed onto everyone else in the new lobby. One such viral setting was the walk and run speeds as well as the jump distances.

If this is going on the next-gen consoles such as Ps4/XB1 it simply means the COD milk-machine is using the same unpatched base engine as all the previous ones since COD-MW2.

Is this on Xbox One? If so, how hard is it to secure your game on a closed system? Or how hard is it to detect a faulty lobby, even on a PC, for a ranked match?

Can't comprehend that, honestly.

That was on the ps3.

BTW, IW has made a new playlist called "Heavy Duty" which will give more health to players.

http://gearnuke.com/infinity-ward-adds-new-heavy-duty-playlist-call-duty-ghosts/

So, if u choose toplay "heavy Duty", which has TDM, Blitz and DOm, then u will have more health to actually fight before just dying. Weird, ain't it? If u know the gameplay needs more health to be enjoyable, then do it pls. They did do it with the first update too, making the game better than the launch gameplay.

I don't know about the current round, but ...

The previous hacked COD Lobbies where on PS3 and XB360. The game did not validate the information it was loading (from disc/hard drive) was valid, so resourceful users applied save files or level data patches to the game file data. This would modify the running parameters of the game. Some of the changes were viral in that if you joined another lobby, the changes you picked up would then be passed onto everyone else in the new lobby. One such viral setting was the walk and run speeds as well as the jump distances.

If this is going on the next-gen consoles such as Ps4/XB1 it simply means the COD milk-machine is using the same unpatched base engine as all the previous ones since COD-MW2.
I've not seen much if any hacking in Black Ops II. Treyarch has really done a good job cracking down on that sort of thing.

Back