Burnout: Paradise City

I saw this game for only 39.99 euros, and just in a regular store too! That's a great price ... I think I'll get it as soon as the trophies are included.

Yes, I got it over lunch time at a reduced price too. Feeling smart about the impulse purchase now :p. Can't wait to try out some superbikes this evening.

Yes, I got it over lunch time at a reduced price too. Feeling smart about the impulse purchase now :p. Can't wait to try out some superbikes this evening.

The bike patch isn't actually out until sometime later this month. :cry: On the plus side the game is really good anyway.

Burnout Paradise - coming to PSN this fall

2762432489_1467672e67.jpg

I truly bemoan the lack of split screen with BP, this game really should be in my library. I'm sticking to my criteria guns though, no matter how much they continue to impress me.

With this recent news I was very ready to pull the trigger and pick it up. Glad to see this is starting to happen. Please bring more multi-plat titles to PSN!

With this recent news I was very ready to pull the trigger and pick it up. Glad to see this is starting to happen. Please bring more DD multi-plat titles to CONSOLES

fixed :D

as much money Pubs are losing on the Used game market I'm shocked we're not seeing a big switch to this system... after several months a game can often sell a bunch of copies at $35 - $49 in a used store of which the Publisher/dev sees $0.

why not make $30 minus DD costs and license fees? Maybe they're afraid to bite the distribution hand that feeds them? I would imagine an entire industry of EB's Game Crazy's would be out of business within 2 years. they thrive on the used market not new

Oh, that's big! So far it's been Sony published titles (Warhawk, GT5 Prologue, Siren) but now things are starting to heat up!

Yeah, I hope they do it for limited distribution titles though (e.g., Afrika, FFXIII for Japan). That way I can buy direct from SCE rather than going through importers. Socom: Confrontation also comes in PSN version.

Will probably buy an internal 320Gb drive (or more) by end of the year.

Will probably buy an internal 320Gb drive (or more) by end of the year.

Yeah, distribution of games gets cheaper. Sucks for retail, but I'm sure they'll get by - ever since games can't be tried out in a store anymore, and return policies completely sucking, I think they've lost any right on my sympathy. This is better for developers and publishers alike, as it will create a flexible medium with content and price ranges that can go in a fluid line from tiny to huge, one-off to episodic, etc.

An internal 320GB drive already costs as much as a regular retail game over here - I just bought and installed it earlier this week. :cool:

New Blu-ray games have resale value. So some will probably stick to it. I For games that are close to my heart (e.g., R1, R2, MGS4), I will get the disc version. PSN is great for "secondary" games and import games.

I just checked online, 320Gb is still around US$100. Where did you get yours from ?

EDIT: B&M retail has Blu-ray movies to thank, I think they'd be okay.

Crimson Skies is about 4-5GB, Burnout is probably not much larger.

Isn't that under the Xbox Originals in the XBLM? What is their policy in releasing titles in the XBLM? XBLA has the 350mb (correct me if I am wrong) size limit. Sorry, but I have not used a 360 in a very long time.

I truly bemoan the lack of split screen with BP, this game really should be in my library. I'm sticking to my criteria guns though, no matter how much they continue to impress me.

The lack of splitscreen is a bummer in this game. I find it is exactly the sort of game you would want to play with a friend in the same room.

Back