Building a walk-through with a 3d model from 3ds max or maya

shaquille3

Newcomer
i am trying to build a interactive walk-through from a 3d model build in 3ds max or maya. Can any of you know a way and can tell me how to do it becouse i am a complete newbie.
i want the user to be able to move with the keyboard through the 3d model.

This one is easy :)

Use Blender (open source 3d program), import that model you want to walk through, then just use the "game" mode to walk through it.

Should take NO programming to do. :)

http://www.blender.org/cms/Home.2.0.html

Blender's interface seems daunting at first, but it's so fast, once you get the hang of it. I can't go back to 3ds or maya now. That's right, a $0 program is better than $1000 programs :)

Another idea would be to export the model to WRML from the maya or Max and use a browser plugin for internet browsers for the walkthrough.

if you are using Max, you will want to use the snap tool to line up walls, for something quick I usually use a box with dimensions of 100x100x10 then just snap vertex and clone and move. After the base level is built (I make sure the rooms and hallways are one box bigger then the end results) I start adding in the real walls and detail objects, that way the boxes I used before are there for space reference :). But don't need to do it this way, just what ever you are confortable with. If you are good with grid locking, which you really should be you won't need to do this. Grid locking of course has its draw backs when making complex scenes, this is why I don't use it.

3Dsmax 7 and up as a feature where you can go into first person mode in your view ports, which really makes visuallization easy.

my goal is to make a walk-through and integrate it intro a web page or application .. and de vrml sounds great but does vrml player support textures?

my goal is to make a walk-through and integrate it intro a web page or application .. and de vrml sounds great but does vrml player support textures?

All players are requeired to suopport textures in PNG and JPEG format. Question is if your content creation software supports exporting the models with textures.

Back