Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

Yeah, Zero's commentary during deception got old the 2nd or 3rd time I heard it.

I'm still enjoying the character though, in spite of the underwhelming melee. The sniping so far has been absolutely glorious. You can inflict some ridiculous crit damage.

Yeah, Zero's commentary during deception got old the 2nd or 3rd time I heard it.

I'm still enjoying the character though, in spite of the underwhelming melee. The sniping so far has been absolutely glorious. You can inflict some ridiculous crit damage.

I didn't even try anything else but go pure sniper. Crits are the key. Esp if you stack the left side of the spec tree.

What does everyone think about this game's visuals? It seems to me BL2 has a slightly more realistic look overall compared to BL. I'm liking it.

This is definitely the game Rage should have been.

Oh shit shit shit shit, I love last stand! Saved my ass like 100 times already. Just killed ol
Wilhelm
while in last stand as those flying heal bots destroyed my shield in a second!

Visual style is great imo! I like it more than BL1.

But what I cannot understand, my only complaint so far, when the game saves at those save stations, why those the game not save my position and progress such that I can continue mid mission?

Just found a MIRV grenade or whats it called which split into 8 small bombs...cool!

I hope to find a cool new sniper, maybe purple...still using my lvl 13 sniper, although I am at lvl 18.

Missions are great so far! What a great game...

Last edited by a moderator:
I always equip a rocket launcher, just for last stand purposes. I found a rocket launcher with 1273x3 damage that is just friggin awesome for this purpose.

the game is fun. I respecd to Sniper tree and that helps save me f5rom running in thinking I can use great melee skills on them.

That Roland mission seemed like it would never end. Must have taken me half the day. Not having a corrosive weapon at the beginning sisnt help.

And the pizza delivery message was a laugh. A laugh with some of the best exp so far!

I dont notice too much of a style difference from bl1? What am I not seeing?

Has anyone encountered the badass glitch yet? Seems people are getting their badass rank reset losing all the perks, skins etc.

Read more here

the game is fun. I respecd to Sniper tree and that helps save me f5rom running in thinking I can use great melee skills on them.

That Roland mission seemed like it would never end. Must have taken me half the day. Not having a corrosive weapon at the beginning sisnt help.

And the pizza delivery message was a laugh. A laugh with some of the best exp so far!

I dont notice too much of a style difference from bl1? What am I not seeing?

After pizza delivery, did you go straight through the pipe in the back and solved the puzzle? Got major EXP boost with this puzzle...

I just like the addition of the light shafts, lightning sometimes seems more realistic...fighting through the night and than looking back in the morning with all landscape in the sun light...butt stallion!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always equip a rocket launcher, just for last stand purposes. I found a rocket launcher with 1273x3 damage that is just friggin awesome for this purpose.

Oh, you can switch weapon? Ha ha ha, did not know this...just learned yesterday that I can slowly move around in last stand...

What puzzle are you guys talking about? I don't remember a puzzle in the pizza mission. I must have totally missed it.

Regarding visuals, I think some of the terrain on some levels looks very realistic, but it's very subtle. Some of the ice looks shiny in areas, almost like it's melting. Again, it's subtle but overall it strikes me as an improvement over the first game.

No, I totally ignored the lights and switches on both runs through the area. I'll have to go back and see if I can figure them out.

The main environmental change I've noticed in the game is the water at the entrance/exit to Sanctuary, and of course, the time of day changes which is cool.

What puzzle are you guys talking about? I don't remember a puzzle in the pizza mission. I must have totally missed it.

Regarding visuals, I think some of the terrain on some levels looks very realistic, but it's very subtle. Some of the ice looks shiny in areas, almost like it's melting. Again, it's subtle but overall it strikes me as an improvement over the first game.

As I've been playing I have noticed definite changes in the amount of ice about. Pandora is thawing out for sure. Climate change in games...

After pizza delivery, did you go straight through the pipe in the back and solved the puzzle? Got major EXP boost with this puzzle...

The other night when I was in Xarth's game, we solved that puzzle. It was quite funny. :LOL:

There's a few other slight puzzles elsewhere too that when solved open up some minor areas that include a loot chest or two.

If you go straight through the pipe, you enter a room with switches, tv and 6 red lights on the wall straight in front of you...switch them all to green!

Has anyone managed to find a decent assault rifle? I don't like the ones that are basically a miniature rocketlauncher. They fire way too slow and inaccurate.

I'm going try to focus all my equipment on doing melee damage to see if I can't improve my Zero that way. I now have some transfusion grenades and a skill gives me some health when killing enemies with melee. That should at least increase my survive-ability. Guns with good stats and extra melee damage do seem to be hard to come by though. Do have a very nice machine pistol with slag and 50% melee damage.

Overall, I'm finding better weapons during solo missions now than I did in BL1. I suspect it's because of the Rare Loot Drop class mod I got as a preorder bonus.

Anyway, guns aren't a problem. Got badass snipers in all varieties and a truly badass rocket launcher (4500+ explosive damage). Even melee isn't too bad, as long as I go after weakened enemies. Plus, the sniper tree options are getting very interesting.

What's "decent"? What level? I found a great assault rifle early on, a Jakobs dealing 67 damage. I think it was level 7 or so.

I've stopped using it in favor of other weapons, but certainly wasn't a mini rocket launcher, it's slower than SMGs but was still pretty good.

I've got a couple of weapons with 50% melee damage.. not on purpose, I gave up on melee with Zero until the end game.

Has anybody started a list yet of what the special red writing means? I've got a bunch of weapons with the red writing bonuses but have no idea what they mean.

Something with good accuracy and rate of fire near whatever level I'm at. That's 23 right now. I had one that did 85 X3 damage but with a poor rate of fire. Assault rifles rarely seem to drop for me and they are rarely good when they do.

I think I found one last night that does something like 230 damage. Haven't used it yet, so I can't say how it handles. I don't use assault rifles much. When I'm not sniping, I tend to use SMGs and pistols.

If you want to join up, I'll drop it for you.

Back