Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

Finally killed Hyperius. He dropped nothing good except some crystals you can use to buy Seraph weapons. They cost 120 crystals, and Hyperius drops 7, and you can only kill him once per day.

I was quickly levelled up to level 50 today thanks to my friend Fleshstick, and I just so happened to find some very rare weapons. ;) Now I just need an assassin mod from Terra.

There's been some talks about bosses not dropping legendary loot because the ground area is too full of other loot. Many in the official gearbox forums have shared their experience of having to go around picking up all the cash, ammo, greens, and blues before they would see orange items drop out of the sky.

There's no telling how many legendary items were missed because of this.

And then there's bosses falling on top of their own loot where you can't reach it, like with the Warrior. Although apparently the trick is to go back through the previous level, and when you reach his level again his body should be gone.

We had it happen yesterday where he was on top of a legendary shotgun. When we finally made it back to his level our connection died and we were all booted from the game. :mad:

Killed Master Gee without the game freezing. He didn't drop anything good though. Which may be because some of it fell through the wall.

Still loving the Gunzerker. I'm trying level him as fast possible by doing mostly story missions. I got to the wildlife preserve mission somewhat underlevelled with half the enemies having skulls next to their names. Still he got through fine. Only wasn't able to kill the boss. A few side missions later it beat him easily. Now I have some nice stuff that lets me adapt to the situation far more easily.

Did some farming the last couple of days. Total of 120h played. And I have now over 20 lvl 50 legendary weapons and some nice E-tec stuff. I am stuck at farming Mad Dog for a Baby Maker, which seems to be cool to fight Hyperius.

Cornsnake, how in hell did you beat Hyperius? Which strategy did you use?

I'll spoiler how we beat Hyperius.

All 4 of us used the following stuff. A Bee shield, a Tediore SMG with a big clip, and a relic with 26% Tediore damage.

We also had 3 Commando's who can actually survive Hyperius' AOE attacks.

When the fight starts Hyperius takes awhile to summon those 4 robots who in turn give him his shield. During that time he's completely vulnerable. With some good time we all start firing at him at the same time. Shooting only one shot before reloading and throwing the entire clip at him. If done right you can take away 75% of his health before the fight even starts. We killed before any of his robots.

Damaging the 4 robots enough can also drop Hyperius' shield.

Hyperius is a very fun fight. We tried lots of different strategies before coming up with this one. Master Gee on the other hand is boring. He just takes forever.

I'll spoiler how we beat Hyperius.

* SPOILER *

Hyperius is a very fun fight. We tried lots of different strategies before coming up with this one. Master Gee on the other hand is boring. He just takes forever.

Oh, ok...good to know. Although I guess solo is a little bit tougher...but nice strategy!

Hyperius is definitely designed for 4 players. Between all the heat seeking missiles and AOE attacks and more, it's probably too difficult to survive for a single player.

About Master Gee. If you kill him, your game is very likely to freeze (this is on all platforms), and there's a good chance he won't drop any loot.

Maya really is badass. I wasn't sure how well she would solo, but after some play time I can see she's better than Zero. In fact, I don't think any (non-boss) enemy is a match for her in a 1v1 fight. She's like a spider - immobilize prey, then take it apart. All those super badass psychos that gave my Assassin so much trouble are really hating life now. Really enjoy playing her so far. I wish I had started with her the first time through.

I wish I had started with her the first time through.
But then you wouldn't have enjoyed Zero as much, because playing him after her, you'd have been constantly comparing and finding him lacking. It's best to start with the worst class and work your way up to get the most enjoyment from a game. ;)

I want to level up a good character for these epic DLC boss raids. Zero isn't a good fit for co-op. Maya on the other hand looks like a much better fit. For example, she can use her phase lock to revive downed teammates. How cool is that? Each of her skill trees is interesting and cool. Hopefully it won't take long to get her to 50.

Every time I play Zero I feel like I'm bringing down the team from the inside. Always the first to die, and doing very little that helps the team. I'm already picking up a lot good level 50 stuff for my Gunzerker and moving it to him. Ready to replace Zero. I'm at level 23 with the Gunzerker now.

Killed Master Gee again today and the game of our party leader froze. Kicking all of us from the game. Apparently Gearbox is recommending lowering your resolution to 480p as a temporary fix.

Just spend 3 hours trying to get Vermivorous to spawn. We had him up to ultimate badass twice. The first time he lands on the train tracks and immediately gets killed by an oncoming train. And the second time he wouldn't kill enemies fast enough to evolve one last time. Even Mordecai suddenly showed up to get him killed. Maybe we'll have better luck with 4 players. Killing Vermivorous may actually be pretty difficult since the ultimate badass could already kill us easily.

Why is that? What is your strategy? What are your specs and weapons?

Scott, what level are we!? (you better not be cheating on me!)

I think we're around 32 or so. I have a few sniper rifles and spec'd out the sniper tree. I'm ok on damage but I get downed very quickly and Scott ends up using his powers to revive me.

As the game has gone on, his Siren has scaled much better than me. I'll report back on my stats when I'm back in town.

Scott, what level are we!? (you better not be cheating on me!)

I think we're around 32 or so. I have a few sniper rifles and spec'd out the sniper tree. I'm ok on damage but I get downed very quickly and Scott ends up using his powers to revive me.

As the game has gone on, his Siren has scaled much better than me. I'll report back on my stats when I'm back in town.

I really think that you should give Cunning a try.
Respecing is super cheap and takes a minute.

With lvl 32 you can reach the top, Death Blossom in the Cunning tree. You can spec out a skill which helps you regenerate health during Deception. Furthermore you get Death Mark, which also helps Scott doing more damage. You get Two Fang which increases your damage/sec output, you get a skill that lets your Decoy doing massive damage...and when you level on you can now spec Sniper Tree to get back your single shot damage!

Cunning full + Sniper half is like cheating :)

So, I just made level 25 with my Mecromancer, and I really believe that people who wait until level 50 to play the DLC are doing it wrong.

I started playing the DLC at level 23, and I've got to say that the loot drops are far better than they are at comparable levels in the normal game. There's lots more variety of weapons it seems, but particularly relics and shields. Class mods seem to be about the same, only there's more of them available.

I think unless you are really into farming for level 50 weapons, it's a lot more fun to go into the DLC to get the cool loot while you're still fighting to level your character up.

I know everybody plays differently, but if people were waiting to start the DLC for some reason, I'd tell them not to. Go ahead and play the DLC it's a blast, and driving those sand skiffs around are a lot more fun than driving the wheeled vehicles in the main game.

Back