Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

If it's an orange, it's legendary.
Oh. I've only got a few purple snipers, each of which is totally awesome. I think I have an orange assault rifle, but it's yellowish-orange rather than "pumpkin" orange, so I guess I'm not sure. Some of the color shades are very close (such as purple and light purple).

Regarding bugs, I've only seen one so far (playing on 360). I was in Caustic Caverns and I got smacked hard by big badass spider ant. I flew into a wall and got stuck there. I couldn't move or even look around. I had to quit out of the game and restart to fix it. Luckily, i just passed a check point.

Oh. I've only got a few purple snipers, each of which is totally awesome. I think I have an orange assault rifle, but it's yellowish-orange rather than "pumpkin" orange, so I guess I'm not sure. Some of the color shades are very close (such as purple and light purple).

Regarding bugs, I've only seen one so far (playing on 360). I was in Caustic Caverns and I got smacked hard by big badass spider ant. I flew into a wall and got stuck there. I couldn't move or even look around. I had to quit out of the game and restart to fix it. Luckily, i just passed a check point.

When it is yellow-ish it is def a legendary, because it's the only tier with this color.

But I fully agree with you that the color differences are a little subtle: because try finding yellow-orange weapon in a sea of yellow money....or a purple in a sea of eridium. I wonder what color blind people do with this game. I did not find a color blind option in the menus...it must be really hard for those people to differentiate the tier lvls of the items.

I finally got zero to lvl 50, is there any reason to keep playing until they raise the level cap? Will the XP I gain until then count after they raise the cap?

I finally got zero to lvl 50, is there any reason to keep playing until they raise the level cap? Will the XP I gain until then count after they raise the cap?

It sure didn't in BL1, caused quite a ruckus with people playing the DLC and not getting their EXP carried over when they finally raised the level cap, it was just gone.

Time to start a new character!

Or you can wait a bit, I just learned that it's been confirmed there will be additional characters and they are currently working on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen so much Mechromancer-specific loot during my play through, so I'll probably go with that one.

It seems re-installing everything hasn't fixed my bug. The game still skips ahead on story missions without asking.

I have my Gunzerker up to level 11 now. At the same level he has Zero beat in both damage output and versatility without any noticeable drawbacks.

It seems re-installing everything hasn't fixed my bug. The game still skips ahead on story missions without asking.

I have my Gunzerker up to level 11 now. At the same level he has Zero beat in both damage output and versatility without any noticeable drawbacks.

Because Zero stinks, seriously. So weapons dependent the entire first half (at least) of the game, and no noticeable skill combinations that are really killer.

That's weird, because when I played BL1 and then went to the DLC, it remembered all my extra XP and bumped me up to the level cap straight away.

That's the way I remembered it too, but it's been so long ago that I can't be certain.

I only recall Gears of War 3 not stacking your additional experience when they included prestige ranks.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that after you reached level 50 before you had the DLC with the level cap increase you could only gain experience points to "fill up the bar".

So if you activated the DLC then you could almost immediately jump up to level 51, but that's it.

I'm fairly certain you couldn't immediately level up to 61, or whatever the cap was using EXP that you "earned" while farming PT2.5 as level 50.

Started a new game with Gaige. Holy crap. What a different experience than Zero. I realize that I am automatically stronger because of the Badass ranks, but her special ability is much more useful. Being able to deploy an autonomous device while you go about your business is huge. That damn thing lasts a long time too.

Not quite sure what to invest points in though. I think i want to buff up Deathtrap as much as possible.

Started a new game with Gaige. Holy crap. What a different experience than Zero. I realize that I am automatically stronger because of the Badass ranks, but her special ability is much more useful. Being able to deploy an autonomous device while you go about your business is huge. That damn thing lasts a long time too.

Not quite sure what to invest points in though. I think i want to buff up Deathtrap as much as possible.

Didn't I tell you? Isn't the game almost automatically fun, while it was a chore with Zer0 whose skill you never used because it was mostly worthless (at least in the beginning through middle of the game).

I went down the Ordered Chaos tree, the combination of skills of anarchy, blood soaked shields and discord is really out of this world whacked crazy (in a good way).

I don't think I've picked up any Deathtrap buffs yet. I will warn you, that the interwebz say that the Buck Up skill is jacked up and Deathtrap will cast shields on your opponents as well as your allies.

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html

Anyone beat the DLC final boss yet? A few friends just asked me to help beat him. Of course the boss is level 52, and I have a level 45 Zero. I wasn't much use, I died quickly, and eventually also ran out money to buy ammo.

Can't wait to get Salvador up to level 50. Got some great loot drops for him today. A grenade that breaks into 8 smaller grenades and explodes, then breaks and explodes again. A very powerful Jaboks AR. And perhaps due to a bug the SMG in Frostburn Canyon were actually 2 SMG's, perfect for Gunzerking.

Anyone beat the DLC final boss yet? A few friends just asked me to help beat him. Of course the boss is level 52, and I have a level 45 Zero. I wasn't much use, I died quickly, and eventually also ran out money to buy ammo.

Can't wait to get Salvador up to level 50. Got some great loot drops for him today. A grenade that breaks into 8 smaller grenades and explodes, then breaks and explodes again. A very powerful Jaboks AR. And perhaps due to a bug the SMG in Frostburn Canyon were actually 2 SMG's, perfect for Gunzerking.

You mean the Levithian? Yeah, killled him with my lvl 50 Zero without using the Bee.

If you mean Hyperius: hell no. Kills me with his first attack, no chance.

If you mean Hyperius: hell no. Kills me with his first attack, no chance.

Hyperius. Who I guess isn't the final boss but just an optional one. I haven't play the DLC beyond the first boss.

The other guys were pretty good against him, except for not being able to beat him. Having a good Siren and Commando seems to be a big advantage in that fight.

I just fought Hyperius again. Zero is so useless against him. If he does that AOE attack twice I'm just dead. Salvador should be just what we need. That way I get the durability I need, and provide the team with the ammo regeneration they need.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/951/borderlands-2-golden-keys-incoming

This weekend, we'll be handing out SHiFT codes that can be redeemed for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2 on the Borderlands Facebook and Gearbox Software Twitter!

We'll be posting five sets of codes across 24 hours, specifically:

Friday, October 26 - 6PM CT (What time is that for me?)
Friday, October 26 - 11PM CT (What time is that for me?)
Saturday, October 27 - 5AM CT (What time is that for me?)
Saturday, October 27 - 11AM CT (What time is that for me?)
Saturday, October 27 - 3PM CT (What time is that for me?)

Each code will be active for three hours from its initial posting and will be usable once per account.

Sounds like we need to start organizing boss raid parties.

That's probably the only way to kill him.

We had 3 Commando's with nuke turrets yesterday, and still weren't able to kill him.

I think 2 Commando's (for doing damage), a Siren (for healing) and a Gunzerker (to keep the enemies attention on him) should make a good team with everyone using class mods with team regeneration effects.

Back