Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

Borderlands 2 makes for a great splitscreen co-op game. It not being all grey helps to keep it playable on a smaller screen. I took my PS3 over friends house who really liked it. It's nice being able to keep all those separate saves so we continue where we left off last time, and I can still have my level 50 Zero for online co-op, and level 26 Salvador for solo play.

I like the Siren. It's nice to be able to pick up a single strong enemy and leave them helpless. And the healing is good for keeping my friends alive.

I really think that you should give Cunning a try.
Respecing is super cheap and takes a minute.

With lvl 32 you can reach the top, Death Blossom in the Cunning tree. You can spec out a skill which helps you regenerate health during Deception. Furthermore you get Death Mark, which also helps Scott doing more damage. You get Two Fang which increases your damage/sec output, you get a skill that lets your Decoy doing massive damage...and when you level on you can now spec Sniper Tree to get back your single shot damage!

Cunning full + Sniper half is like cheating :)

Billy,

Thanks a ton for your help. After re-specing like this, I was able to do really well. Zero is much more capable with my new build than what I was running before. I quite enjoyed playing the character again and wasn't just yelling at Scott for revives....

Robert,
What is your new build, cunning full + sniper half as Billy suggested? I got Zero to 50 pretty much on full sniper alone, but doing so wasn't fun (I died a lot).

On the other hand, I am simply in love with Maya. She just gets better and better.

Robert,
What is your new build, cunning full + sniper half as Billy suggested? I got Zero to 50 pretty much on full sniper alone, but doing so wasn't fun (I died a lot).

On the other hand, I am simply in love with Maya. She just gets better and better.

I put most of my skills points in the middle tree. Actually nothing in the sniper tree so far (level 34) once I got the middle tree beefed up, I put some in the right tree that increases health.

The key for me was the mark of death/shuriken toss/and having health regen while I'm using my invisible.

The lack of any points in the sniping tree didn't really effect my damage output.

Yeah, and I'm stacking class mod and relic that both improve team skill cooldown, so Robert and I can use our powers pretty frequently.

The Gunzerker is still doing great. TVHM is much easier with him then it was with Zero.

I'm using a Class mod that improves skills that give extra fire rate, critical damage, magazine size's, max ammo, and has ammo regeneration. I rarely run out of ammo even when using guns that would otherwise be considered wasteful, like Tediore reloads. I also have the No Kill Like Overkill skill that adds all the left over damage from the last kill to every shot for a short time. After killing a few enemies even super badasses or enemies that supposed to be resistant start dropping like flies. It often far out damages the Bee shield, and I could still equip one of those as well.

I just found a legendary Tediore rocketlauncher called Bustling Bunny, with a red text that says: Hippity Hoppity. Why? Because it jumps around like a bunny and keeps exploding when reloaded.

Easiest way is to probably farm Hunter Hellquist or whatever his name is (the radio guy you killed). You'll get The Bee.

The Bee is being nerfed in an upcoming patch. People on the Gearbox aren't happy about it. Not necessarily because it makes the Bee weaker, but because the Bee allowed you to kill bosses like Terra and Hyperuis very fast. That in turn gave you more chances at their best loot. Legendary's are far more rare in BL2 than they were in BL1. The Bee made it more manageable. With the patch though, your best chances at good loot come from farming chests, instead of killing the games most difficult enemies. That's not the way it should be IMO. The Bee itself will still be pretty powerful though. Just not as much as it used to be. It's still worth farming.

I got that legendary rocketlauncher from a Chubby Varkid. Chubby type enemies have a very high probability to drop good loot, but are themselves very rare. The most common one I've seen is the Chubby Varkid. Those have a chance to spawn from the same pods as Badass Varkids. You can just just let them evolve and improve your chances of spawning one.

I finally have my Gunzerker at level 50. I've killed both Terra and Hyperius solo using him. I have him spec'ed in such a way that the cooldown for gunzerking is almost gone by the time he stops gunzerking. Letting me use it almost constantly with all the benefits that come with it.

Would you say Salvador is the best character then? Certainly seems so, from a DPS perspective. Although Axton should be good too.

That's hard to say without having played all the classes. Salvador does have a high DPS, and between his multiple ways of health and ammo regen he's pretty self-sufficient. I've only really seen Axton in co-op games, but he seems pretty powerful as well. Haven't played as Gaige nor seen much of her in co-op. She was design to allow new players to keep up so she should be strong. I have played as Maya, but only until level 16 so far. Playing the medic mostly. She doesn't seem as strong as the previous characters, but her reviving and healing skills make her great for co-op. ZerO is basically the game in hard mode. He does ok damage and he dies very easily. He has the least to bring to co-op as well.

Did you use The Bee or CC for your Terra run?

Both. The fight only lasts about 20 seconds with that combo.

Although after the patch it's going to be more difficult. Terra will have more health, the Bee with be less effective, and it's amp damage is added only once per shot for shotguns instead of to every separate pellet. The same goes for Tediore reloads, only once for the entire clip.

Both. The fight only lasts about 20 seconds with that combo.

Although after the patch it's going to be more difficult. Terra will have more health, the Bee with be less effective, and it's amp damage is added only once per shot for shotguns instead of to every separate pellet. The same goes for Tediore reloads, only once for the entire clip.

Yeah, with this combo, it takes few seconds with Zero as well...I guess Zero might be the strongest one in this case because of Bore and the critical hit buffs.

Yeah, with this combo, it takes few seconds with Zero as well...I guess Zero might be the strongest one in this case because of Bore and the critical hit buffs.

He should good for this particular fight, although he's probably also the one to die the fastest.

I hadn't really spec'ed for fighting Terra since he goes down so easily anyway, but I just gave it a shot. With 2 CC's and Money Shot (+400% damage from the last bullet in the clip) he dies before he's able to go back underground, or has a chance to attack.

He should good for this particular fight, although he's probably also the one to die the fastest.

I hadn't really spec'ed for fighting Terra since he goes down so easily anyway, but I just gave it a shot. With 2 CC's and Money Shot (+400% damage from the last bullet in the clip) he dies before he's able to go back underground, or has a chance to attack.

Oh, that is really fast, yes. I think I needed Terra two come back again...did not know that you can equipe two CC :)

Back