Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

I think it arrives on PS3 in europe tomorrow. I'll probably get it. Perfect timing too. Just finished PT2 so now I can play the DLC with everything at level 50, getting the best versions of the loot. I skipped the majority of side missions as well, making those also level 50.

This game and it's loot drops. :rolleyes: What am I going with a 3rd CC, it's not like I have 3 arms.

Played through the DLC in just 3 hours. That's not doing any side missions though.

Also broke the new currency system. The Torgue Tokens. You can win them from the slotmachines. Each player receives token when anyone picks them up. With 2 players playing your winning will be about to what you spend to be able to play. Just bring in another of your own characters and he'll basically be getting free tokens. Up to a maximum of 999. You can then buy legendary items from the Torgue vendors.

The other way of getting Torgue Tokens is to go to Pete's Bar, kill the lot, save-and-quit, reload and repeat process.

The other way of getting Torgue Tokens is to go to Pete's Bar, kill the lot, save-and-quit, reload and repeat process.

How fast can you get to 999 tokens doing that?

It took us half an hour to get 999 tokens for 2 players.

The Torgue vendors are bugged though, they rarely spawn legendary items above level 48.

Your way is much faster, but for those who don't like to gamble... Pete's bar drops 6-8 every cycle which is about 2-5 minutes. Another possibility is tier3 race co-op cheap method which is 20 tokens every 2 minutes.

On the slots I wasn't winning as much as I usually do.

Question for those playing on play through 1 for Torgue DLC, what level are the mobs in your tier 3 fights? I'm level 47 and tier 2 were level 30-36 but Tier 3 were all level 49-52 mobs. This is making the 2.5 minute bar fight nearly impossible for me to do in even 4 minutes.

Question for those playing on play through 1 for Torgue DLC, what level are the mobs in your tier 3 fights? I'm level 47 and tier 2 were level 30-36 but Tier 3 were all level 49-52 mobs. This is making the 2.5 minute bar fight nearly impossible for me to do in even 4 minutes.

That's strange. Both DLC's should be capped at around level 30 for PT1.

Edit: More people are reporting the same problem with the same mission.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=202125

Last edited by a moderator:
Only the Tier 3 missions scaled up to level 50. The other mobs were pushover level 30s barely dropping 1XP. So it's only the Tier 3 Arena, Bar Fight, and Buzzards, and also Pete the Invincible that were level 50-52 range. The buzzard battle sucks even harder. Nearly impossible to take down 2 of the needed numbers within the time range, at least in the bar-room we're able to kill most of them in the time frame.

I read about others having Tier 3 glitching on them as well. Xarth is level 48 Siren and I'm level 48 Gunzerker but most of our weapons are level 42-44 range so we just don't deal enough damage to the 50-52s. It looks like we'll need to go back to True-Vault-Hunter-Mode, play through more of the story to get up to level 50 just so we can finish PT1 of the Torgue CoC DLC.

I just gotta say how awesome this game is.

So, NRP and I finished the first play through and that left me back at the beginning again which was kinda annoying because I wanted to play the DLC, but there's no way to get to the fast transit things until you play through the first part of the game until sactuary.

So I decided that was boring and I was going to see what happened if I respec'd my character. I'm playing as a level 33 Gaige. My regular build was halfway through the anarchy tree and then spending points on the BFF tree after. So, I respec'd my character at the first chance to go full on BFF. I was able to get all the way down to the bottom of the tree, PLUS put one point left over so that I was able to buy the one point necessary to get anarchy.

Holy Cow! It's friggin awesome! My Deathtrap was pretty cool before, but now, he's just like a friggin monster, plus I still get anarchy bonuses (although not as high as before and not any of the higher level stuff like blood soaked shields or discord).

It's like an entirely different game, with the same character!

That's why this game rules. Because you can pick through a bunch of different characters, but then you have decisions to make about how you build each of those characters. I know people complain about not being able to level up after 50 and get more skill points, but I think the beauty of the game is that you have to make decisions on what you want to do.

I was planning to go down this skill tree next. But I don't have the choice to do both, so you have to respec and see how each skill works.

It's awesome, that's all I'm saying.

If you haven't respec'd your character, you need to go try it. Even if you think your current build is amazing and nothing could be better.... go try another skill tree. You might have to play a bit differently, but it'll be awesome. I promise.

I love this game.

The Torgue DLC is freakin' hilarious! I love the "Hulk Hogan"-style announcer. The bosses are challenging solo (I've defeated the first two). Pete's Bar is ridiculous solo on Tier 2 and higher. Definitely need co-op for these. Although I suppose you can farm it solo for Torgue Tokens because dropped tokens persist even if you fail.

The Torgue DLC is freakin' hilarious! I love the "Hulk Hogan"-style announcer.

You mean Randy "Macho Man" Savage. :)

Anyway, reading the official Gearbox forums kinda puts a damper on the fun of the game because those guys are so religious about the game and its mechanics they break it down to nuances.

For example, there's a game mechanic for a number of the enemies that their weapons do 100% shield and 90+% of health with one shot. It's put in the game so they can't one shot and kill you, but the reality is that it makes it so your ubershield doesn't matter. If you have 10,000 shield or a 1,000 shield it doesn't matter. Their weapons will take away 100% of your shield.

So you're better off focusing on the shield's other abilities (particularly offensive and regen rate) rather than overall protection.

Kinda lame. Sure, knowing that makes it so you can make better choices with your shield selection but it also is just kinda meh.

They need to raise the level cap. No use to keep playing once you hit 50.

Yeah, pretty disappointing they didn't do that in the first two DLCs. These games are all about looting and levelling. You take away the levelling and your loot won't increase in level, you can't add anything to the skills tree, and you just stall out in terms of progressing your character

Back