Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

Up to now, I did choose the dmg part of the sniper tree...to maximize my dmg output! Why would you choose the accuracy part of the sniper instead?

I like to run and gun. It's also good for when you can't aim through the scope to get a second wind. And it's a little easier to get those critical hits.

The game is way longer than I was expecting. Having a lot of fun. There are spots where you seem to outlevel the game by doing all of the side missions, which makes stretches a little too easy. But then you get to the next bump and it's challenging again as you wait to get new weapons and level up.

I think I want to continue leveling up my Assassin. Do I have to wait for DLC, or is there another way? I've already completed most of the side missions.

Anyone up for some arena rounds?

I'm curious about the leveling of the DC. How will it scale to player level? Is it meant to be played with a high-level character after the main campaign, or to be played during?

I think I want to continue leveling up my Assassin. Do I have to wait for DLC, or is there another way? I've already completed most of the side missions.

Anyone up for some arena rounds?

Well, you start the game with ng+, or true vault hunter mode. Better loot, new stronger enemies...lvl way faster!

I'm curious about the leveling of the DC. How will it scale to player level? Is it meant to be played with a high-level character after the main campaign, or to be played during?

Well in BL1 it scaled to some extend to your character.

But I had the following problem back than: I was to strong to play the DLC in normal mode, was to easy. But I also was to weak to play it in difficult mode. I had an in between character. So I just lvled a bit more in the normal game and started the DLC in hard mode....

Guess BL2 DLC is similar.

Well in BL1 it scaled to some extend to your character.

But I had the following problem back than: I was to strong to play the DLC in normal mode, was to easy. But I also was to weak to play it in difficult mode. I had an in between character. So I just lvled a bit more in the normal game and started the DLC in hard mode....

Guess BL2 DLC is similar.

That happened to me with Dr. Zed's, the game was way too easy with PT1 but they just slaughtered us on PT2. We just stuck with PT2 and leveled up quickly to match because of the increased exp.

So, the opposite of your tactic, I suppose.

I'd say you can do it either way, depending on your patience for getting respawning.

So I just start a new SP campaign with the same character? Sorry for the dumb questions.

When you are in the game menu screen, you can choose character option. Then you find your zero and can switch difficulty to true vault hunter mode. After youhave switched, just start a new game: you should have all your loot and character lvl and a new game to lvl up :)

Doing some side missions, accidently choose the one where you get the Law gun...what a pity! Gun is freaking strong on my current lvl. Reached lvl46 with zero...need better gear!

I am lvl 46. When you look at side missions (without accepting them) you can see if you get a good reward or not. Say, I get the law pistol, indicated as a blue gun mission bonus. When I accept the side mission, it has an actual lvl, in the range of 40 to 45, depending on mission and whatever. So I finish the quest and get the loot. The loot scales to the level of the side mission...40 to 45 in this case! Not bad, but if it is your favorite weapon, like the law pistol, it will be useless when you hit lvl 50.

So what is the trick: do not accept side missions which have good quest rewards, say blue or better! Ones you finish the second play through, all side missions which you did not accept so far scale to level 50. You can the go back and accept them for some lvl 50 action.

This gives you the chance to get a lvl 50 quest reward, in my case I would have gotten the Law pistol in its lvl 50 variant...

It is just if you are interested in keeping your favorite weapon at lvl 50. Maybe all the loot gets obsolete once the DLC lands...who knows.

Just a heads up, if someone is in love with a special shield or weapon he wants at lvl 50.

So the procedure seems to be for NG+ is, finish PT1, start TVHM and only do main quest. In PT2.5, do all the side quests.

Is that right?

So the procedure seems to be for NG+ is, finish PT1, start TVHM and only do main quest. In PT2.5, do all the side quests.

Is that right?

Yep. But, one modification: do the side quest which give just money or green loot. You won't care for greens a long you way, and you need the exp unless you don't want get stuck in story mode....just look at the quest, if it is green or lower, accept it if you want, blue or higher you may want to keep it for PT 2.5!

ok, so you really have to do some side missions in TVHM, because I just did the mission
where you have to kill Bloodwing. First of all, thos Stalkers are fast and strong as hell! Nasty. I was level 48. Mission was easy until you fight Bloodwing again. Brutal and hefty fight. Without good gear and high level, I don't see how she can be beaten.
So just be aware that you are good prepared before entering the Wildlife Resort missions again, especially facing Bloodwing.

Just reached lvl 49. Enough for today. No side missions for me, except the Dukino mission. I want to be ready in PT2.5 for the follow on mission Dukinos Mom...

So I've restarted the campaign in True Vault Hunter mode. I find I'm getting owned a lot more than I remember the first time through, which is fine I guess since most of the enemies are my level or one level higher. The problem is, none of them are dropping decent loot. Some, like Flint, didn't drop any loot at all, whereas the first time I defeated him I got a sweet pistol. Is everyone else experiencing the same thing, or did I screw up somewhere when starting a new campaign?

So I've restarted the campaign in True Vault Hunter mode. I find I'm getting owned a lot more than I remember the first time through, which is fine I guess since most of the enemies are my level or one level higher. The problem is, none of them are dropping decent loot. Some, like Flint, didn't drop any loot at all, whereas the first time I defeated him I got a sweet pistol. Is everyone else experiencing the same thing, or did I screw up somewhere when starting a new campaign?

Flint seems to be bugged in TVHM. I did get nothing. I saw a yt vid where nothing drops and some complains in the webs that nothing drops, just like yourself. So, I guess you are ok :)

With respect to the loot: for me, I changed all my gear when I was up to Flint. I basically replaced all I have with green loot I found, because it was that much better than my PT1 gear. Decent loot starts slowly. But greens should drop rather often (but then, I have the 5% rare drop relic).

I did the side quest from Sir Hammerlock, where he wants you to kill a dwarf riding on a Bullymong. I guess the quest is called Symbioses or so. I got an orange drop from this bastard! An orange assault rifle which carried me through the beginnings of TVHM.

I am now lvl 50 and I am just doing mission stories. Some tough parts. Finished Bunker. I must say that the Kunais start a little bit to age. Whereas they where super powerful mid PT2, they are now ok. Not very good, not bad either.

But I got some nice gear: love the revolvers from Jacobs. Got one with 10k damage and shooting as fast as you can. Brutal thing. I also found a sniper with 12k damage and 180% crit bonus. Man,. using skills from sniper tree it happens that I can do 160K one shot damage when crit. Crazy...what is funny: it only shows 160 with a big red K...cool!

Enemies get really tough towards the end of the game. Fighting a lvl49 Badass Constructor is extreme. I die more than fighting a boss. Especially, after a while he launches a mini nuke...nice!

But I wonder if I can finish the end of the game...some really difficult parts and my Zero is somewhat weak against bosses. Mobs are ok and good to controll. But with bosses I have some problems...

Back