Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

When you kill the final boss, you can choose playthrough 2 when you reload the the game right. Just like in the first Borderlands. Because I can't. If I choose continue it just put me back in playthrough 1 with no option to choose playthrough 2. So now I'm stuck with nothing left to do. Only join someone else's playthrough 2 in co-op. These ridiculous bugs are really starting to annoy me.

If you finish pt1. You choose character in the menu, and there you can choose the difficulty for your character. If you then hit continue, game starts fresh in TVHM.

I did some internet searching. Apperently if you don't start TVHM immediatly and go back to PT1 it won't give you a choice for PT2 if you try to continue the second time. What you need to do is first choose a different character, then go back to your old character, and then you should be able to choose PT2 if you continue. That's all really confusing. Going to try that tonight.

Edit: Also the new character should be available today.

A warning for 360 players. The new patch can delete save games and reset badass points. So you might not want to download it. I know don't if it also effects other platforms because the patch isn't available yet, or may have been pulled to prevent similar issues.

Reloading character my own has finally let me play TVHM.

A warning for 360 players. The new patch can delete save games and reset badass points. So you might not want to download it. I know don't if it also effects other platforms because the patch isn't available yet, or may have been pulled to prevent similar issues.

Reloading character my own has finally let me play TVHM.

Aaaaah ... If you don't download the patch, can you still play online with people?

The patch is available now on PS3. It does say I need to download it be able to play. I'm not going to try single player because it might start downloading the patch. No official word from Gearbox yet.

There are lots of reports on the official Gearbox forums that even people who downloaded the patch can't play with people who got the preorder code, so apparently something isn't right in Borderlands 2 world.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=167323&page=2

Just so we're all clear, the Badass Rank reset and instances of freezing / crashing / corrupted characters tied to saves are not being caused by today's update or the Mechromancer.

These are existing known issues we'll be addressing in future updates. For more on that, visit..

Badass Rank Reset - http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150243
Freezing / Crashing / Corrupted Saves - http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150907

Any occurrences of these issues alongside today's update or the Mechromancer are purely coincidental.

A compatibility pack to allow connectivity between those that own the Mechromancer and those that don't is currently rolling out.

We have also identified an issue with shield stats that will be addressed in a future update (http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=167155) and will continue to investigate reported issues as we become aware of them.

It's probably a good idea to back up your saves regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. I thought part of the problem with the badass ranking is that it crosses characters, so its actually tied to your profile (on 360 anyway) not just your game saves.

Anybody know how to backup your profile?

Oh, and none of those links seem to be working for me?

Lvl 44. Finally get the good sniper tree skills back to my cunning tree. Bore is really good...I missed it.

Cunning + half Sniper tree feels very good.

I finally beat the mama skag. I spent about $70k in death fees to do it though. I tried to level up a bit after our first encounter, but it doesn't matter. She is always one level higher than you when you enter the arena.

I finally used my gold key in the Sanctuary chest. Got a kick ass sniper. Does as much damage as the Bison but it has a scope! 180% crit damage bonus too!

Started experimenting with the siren skill tree last night. I'm not sure if the rightmost tree, with the damage skills, is really worth it. It doesn't seem like those damage adds do a whole lot. I like the skill in the first tier that makes the dot effects on my guns trigger more often. I'm not sure I'm sold on the one that adds and explosion and fire dot to the phase lock. As far as I can tell, the explosion doesn't really do any damage. It just triggers the dot for all enemies in range, but at 3/5 the damage seems to be minimal, especially if the enemies have shields up. The third tier has the acid cloud, fire melee and the ricochet skill. I'm going to experiment and see how effective those are. So far the middle tree has the most use for me in co-op. The resurrection skill in the third tier is very handy, as are the health orbs in the first tier. The left most skill tree looks interesting, but I'm not sure how much I like the tier 3 skills. Faster movement with shields down doesn't seem that great, and neither does the kill skill where you get a small improvement to shield regen after scoring a kill. The skill that pulls extra enemies into the phase lock might be pretty nice.

I'm not sure how well she solos, but the Siren is very useful in co-op. Her action skill compliments the other classes very well.

Oh boy! TVHM is brutal. Just entered the fridge and boy does the difficulty increase! I am currently to the transition of new weapons as there are now way better versions available. But I just find one after another...did finally hit level 25 today. I am currently loving the Jacobs weapons. High neutral damage combined with shoot as fast as you can.

Found such a shotgun with 2500x18 dmg and two shots per magazin. It is a freaking good fun for me because:

1. I got all these skill which enhance my reload speed, so two shots is not a problem
2. Got Bore skill, where bullets go through enemies and hot again. With 18 bullets, tgis is cery likely
3. On top of it, I have the first kill skill, where the first shot in the magazine does extra dmg, so often reloading is exactly what I want!

Also, for the first time, met Michael Marmaril in Sanctuary. Gave me a freaking purple SMG...cool!

Back