Blur (new Bizarre racer)

How are the load times in the PS3 version?
I don't mean compared to xb360, but in general, are they long?

Up to level 19, and finally finished 3rd in an online race, that's the highest I've been able to place. So what vehicle mods are you guys finding to be most effective? I like the 'random powerup' mod, gives you a random one every time you respawn which includes right at the start of the race.

How are the load times in the PS3 version?
I don't mean compared to xb360, but in general, are they long?

I don't know how they compare to the Xbox360 version, but I did not find them distracting or long - I did not really recognize them (which should be a good sign!) - so no problems here, I guess!

Up to level 19, and finally finished 3rd in an online race, that's the highest I've been able to place. So what vehicle mods are you guys finding to be most effective? I like the 'random powerup' mod, gives you a random one every time you respawn which includes right at the start of the race.

Up to now I mainly played SP, and only have the first MOD available!
But judging the Power Ups: I definitively think that the boost power up is the strongest one - I typically win the races when I concentrate on boost!
Is there a MOD related to the boost? - if so, I would try this first :D

oh, the MOD I forgot I can not live without (Online) is EVADE. which helps you dodge the shunt.

And don't forget, most of your PU's can be fired forward or backward by pointing left stick.

The PS3 demo finally worked for me yesterday, and I had some fun with online, leveling up to 6. My biggest regrets so far is the muted look of the game (more and brighter colors would have been nice for this type of game) and the lack of actual turns on the tracks. I wouldn't have minded more tracks like the original PGR games, that allow you to get ahead also just by driving better through them.

Played 4-player split screen on a beamer setup yesterday :oops:

The game is very well suited, IMO:

-very accessible even to new non-hardcore players
-runs great
-great super fun action and chaos
-a lot of different tracks, cars from the start without unlocking things!!

At the end, we had a lots of fun!

Guess the next number: 1,11,21,1211,111221,312211, 13112221, 1113213211, ???

[Aside]
Only just noticed your sig. The answer is 31131211131221. By coincidence I saw it mentioned in a mathematics book over the weekend. Look and say sequence I believe it's called.
[/Aside]

[Aside]
Only just noticed your sig. The answer is 31131211131221. By coincidence I saw it mentioned in a mathematics book over the weekend. Look and say sequence I believe it's called.
[/Aside]

[OT]
great, this is the correct answer!!
I'll add your result to my sig...for me this is one of the greatest sequences I ever come accross....don't spoil the mechanism too much :D
[/OT]

My wife has been playing the bejesus out of the PS3 demo for Blur the last week or so. This might be the first time I have ever though that there is too much content in a game demo. . .it makes me wonder if paying for the full game is worth it.

Has anyone here both played the demo and the full retail game and is able to comment about the differences? This game is expensive at retail ($65 + 12% tax here in BC) so I am reluctant to pay that if the only difference between the demo and the full game is a few more cars or the ability to get a higher ranking than 10.

Also, how are the non-demo servers as far as body count goes? Many people playing?

Cheers

Broke down today and bought this game for the wife. So far there are definitely a fair number of tracks that were not present in the demo.

Cheers

Back