Bluetooth Headset + Motorola V360v woes...

Sobek

Locally Operating
Veteran
Hey guys.

I suppose this is a pretty simple question, I figured Hardware being the best place to get some answers.

Ok, i'm in Australia, FYI and I bought my V360v for $200, which is great because it came bundled with a 64mb M-SD memory stick and Bluetooth headset. Now, my problem is that quite simply, the Bluetooth earpiece just doesn't work...I go into the Bluetooth options in my phone settings, make sure it's powered on, turn on the earpiece (so it has the small blue light flashing every 5 seconds or so indicating it's function as expected) and then hit "Look for Devices" in the Bluetooth options. It scans, but finds nothing, the whole time the earpiece is just blinking away, just fine. No combination of button presses makes it detect either so, no idea what's up there.

I tested the earpiece on a friends Razr v3 and it detected straight away, and that phone was practically brand new and had no settings changed on it whatsoever...so that had me perplexed. I'm almost certain my phone itself isn't the culprit, as it connects and communicates just fine with the onboard computer in our X5 via Bluetooth without so much as a hitch, and detects the car within seconds.

Anyone got any ideas? The headset is brand new, in it's packet up until about 3 hours ago when I took it out. It hasn't been exposed to sun or anything, and is now fully charged. It...just...doesn't...work :(

If the headset that came bundled with the phone doesn't work, then you should take it back. I have heard of compatability issues between particular phones and headsets. My SE phone apparantly doesn't like the handsfree profile on TomTom gps units for example.

But if they are selling it as a bundle then I would think that either that is a known working combo and you have just been unlucky to get a broken headset.
or
That is a combo that doesn't work and so the shop should swap the bundled headset with a model that does work. Either way I would say the responsibility lies witht the shop.

Incidentally my Nokia headset works fine with my SE phone.

CC

What make/model is the headset?

Also, you say 'turned on'? Most BT headsets should not just be 'turned on' the first time, but put in a pairing mode (often a combination of key holds and presses - check your manual) to allow other units to connect and pair with it (you don't want just any BT unit to find and connect with the headset under normal usage, only the ones you have explicitly paired with it should be allowed to see it).

Edit: Read too fast. Didn't see that it worked with another phone, so probably not that then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply check that the headset is in a 'Paring mode' or not. If not, sometime it will not be detected by the other device. Other option is to use your computer and pda to detect the headset, if the headset is fine, i mean can be detect, only thing I can think of is the headset is not turn into 'paring mode'. Also, try turn on 'pairing mode' and push your phone for searching as quickly as possible. Finally, don't forget to check that the v360 support A2DP profile, evenif you will get connect as a headset and sound fed as mono into 2 phono speaker.

Regards with no :love: ;) ,

Thankyou for the replies everyone, turns out it was indeed a pairing issue (again, never used a bluetooth headset, asn't aware pairing was a necessity).

My headset is totally unbranded, not a single letter or number on it bar the Motorola symbol, and no manual or anything. I found the pairing instructions for a similar Motorola headset, and they worked perfectly with this one, turns out I had to hold the Talk button down for a good 10 seconds, after which the light stayed a steady blue and blinked once every 10 seconds. Phone detected it instantly.

Again, thanks for the help!

Back