Bioshock Infinite

Also, i think the bigger problem is
why did Elizabeth take the Booker who had not agrred to Baptism to the universe where he agreed and drowned him????

Why not just go to the universe where Booker agreed and kill HIM ! Why take the good booker there and kill him instead ? Shouldn't instead we should have been shown another booker accepting Baptism and then We /Elizabeth kills him?

Of course it wouldn't have the same effect on the player experiencing the story, but I think that would be the right thing to show. I think Ken decided to go the way he did, just to have a bigger impact on the player. Killing urself is more impactful than just killing another guy in a game ;)

But there is a doubt there for sure cos
when the game ends, all the Elizabeths vanish, except the one with the powers. Maybe cos now she can transcend time and space, she is immune to it ? I dunno. Even I had found it weird that that one Elizbeth did not dissappear

The different Elizabeths disappear at the sound of a note being played. When only our Elizabeth remains the screen goes black and we hear one final note.

why did Elizabeth take the Booker who had not agrred to Baptism to the universe where he agreed and drowned him????

Why not just go to the universe where Booker agreed and kill HIM ! Why take the good booker there and kill him instead ? Shouldn't instead we should have been shown another booker accepting Baptism and then We /Elizabeth kills him?

Of course it wouldn't have the same effect on the player experiencing the story, but I think that would be the right thing to show. I think Ken decided to go the way he did, just to have a bigger impact on the player. Killing urself is more impactful than just killing another guy in a game ;)

Actually if you listen to their dialog leading up to the final ending, Elizabeth is explaining that they must kill ALL Bookers in all realities. It's quite likely that the intent is to eliminate not only Comstock Booker, but Booker Booker as well to guarantee that nothing like the events in Bioshock infinite could ever potentially happen again.

IIRC correctly they also talked about eliminating Booker before he was born. But I suppose since that moment represents when anything remotely associated with Comstock happens, that's when they decided to do it. And besides, I'm sure people wouldn't have been as affected by the ending if they were killing a baby Booker or his mother while he was in the womb.

So it's quite likely that all branches of potential reality containing any Booker, ceased on that day if we assume that final scene is a represention (for gaming purposes) of them killing Booker before he was born.

One of the last recordings also says something like time not being like a river, but more like an ocean with tides that come and go. We may have stopped this Comstock from being born, but what about the Bookers that were still at Wounded Knee, but came to the baptism under slightly different circumstances. Just because we killed our Booker/Comstock doesn't mean alternate universe Bookers from before that don't still exist. Or maybe those were also resolved in a similar way. There really is no end to this.

One of the last recordings also says something like time not being like a river, but more like an ocean with tides that come and go. We may have stopped this Comstock from being born, but what about the Bookers that were still at Wounded Knee, but came to the baptism under slightly different circumstances. Just because we killed our Booker/Comstock doesn't mean alternate universe Bookers from before that don't still exist. Or maybe those were also resolved in a similar way. There really is no end to this.

No sire,
there were only two choices to be made at the Baptism : either accept it or reject it. We removed the whole tree of universes which happen after he accepts. There is no third choice or chance of the name Comstock existing anymore.

Actually if you listen to their dialog leading up to the final ending, Elizabeth is explaining that they must kill ALL Bookers in all realities. It's quite likely that the intent is to eliminate not only Comstock Booker, but Booker Booker as well to guarantee that nothing like the events in Bioshock infinite could ever potentially happen again.

IIRC correctly they also talked about eliminating Booker before he was born. But I suppose since that moment represents when anything remotely associated with Comstock happens, that's when they decided to do it. And besides, I'm sure people wouldn't have been as affected by the ending if they were killing a baby Booker or his mother while he was in the womb.

So it's quite likely that all branches of potential reality containing any Booker, ceased on that day if we assume that final scene is a represention (for gaming purposes) of them killing Booker before he was born.

Have you seen the scene after the credits? ;)

No sire,
there were only two choices to be made at the Baptism : either accept it or reject it. We removed the whole tree of universes which happen after he accepts. There is no third choice or chance of the name Comstock existing anymore.

Yes, we removed any universe that branched off after the yes or no baptism choice. But what about universes that had already branched off before that choice? Those could be similar enough to lead to the baptism, and therefore Comstock. It's the universes that branched off after the baptism choice within our universe we removed, not the universes that branched off before that.

To put it in other words. Just like there were multiple Elizabeths from different universes at the end, there would have been multiple Bookers each arriving at their own baptism separate from ours.

No...
Booker had two choices: accept Baptism or not. she took Booker to the universe where he was going to accept baptism and killed him , hence all universes which spawned from Comstock ended there. But the reality in which he did not accept baptism remained. Anna was born.

No, from Bioshock Wiki:
Multiple alternate versions of Elizabeth and Anna appear to reveal this truth to Booker while the Elizabeth you arrived with is nowhere to be seen. Booker then realizes that the only way to erase the atrocities committed by Comstock, and the harm visited upon all Elizabeths, is for him to die before he can choose or reject his baptism. Several Elizabeths and Annas then drown Booker, and all realities in which Comstock existed begin to erase. One by one, the different versions of Elizabeth/Anna disappear.
http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Booker_DeWitt

My only confusion with that is there still has to be an Elizabeth that travels back in time and kills the Booker who accepts Baptism. But if there is no Elizabeth to begin with then what ?
Exactly, they can't get around this - it's the grandfather paradox and why time travel to the past is inherently illogical.

Elizabeth killing all the Bookers also stops any Elizabeth from developing powers to go back in time to do just this.

It's like a situation where your future self appears to you from the future and gives you instructions on how to build a time machine, which you then build and use to go back in time and give those instructions to your past self.

The instructions on how to build a time machine have no discernable origin.

This plot setup is essentially the same as all time travel plots except the time machine instructions are replaced by other plot devices - eg in this case Elizabeth - using a plot involving time machine instructions as an example just emphasises the absurdity of such plot premises.

It's just something you have to suspend your disbelief on when watching/reading a time travel story.

That's another thing I don't get.
I think it ties into my earlier post that they kill ALL Bookers who go to the baptism, and not just the ones who end up accepting it.

No, from Bioshock Wiki:
Multiple alternate versions of Elizabeth and Anna appear to reveal this truth to Booker while the Elizabeth you arrived with is nowhere to be seen. Booker then realizes that the only way to erase the atrocities committed by Comstock, and the harm visited upon all Elizabeths, is for him to die before he can choose or reject his baptism. Several Elizabeths and Annas then drown Booker, and all realities in which Comstock existed begin to erase. One by one, the different versions of Elizabeth/Anna disappear.
http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Booker_DeWitt

If that is the case, fine, but then what about the scene after the credits? That shouldn't exist then. Snce, it does,hence I presented my theory.

Exactly, they can't get around this - it's the grandfather paradox and why time travel to the past is inherently illogical.

Elizabeth killing all the Bookers also stops any Elizabeth from developing powers to go back in time to do just this.

It's like a situation where your future self appears to you from the future and gives you instructions on how to build a time machine, which you then build and use to go back in time and give those instructions to your past self.

The instructions on how to build a time machine have no discernable origin.

This plot setup is essentially the same as all time travel plots except the time machine instructions are replaced by other plot devices - eg in this case Elizabeth - using a plot involving time machine instructions as an example just emphasises the absurdity of such plot premises.

It's just something you have to suspend your disbelief on when watching/reading a time travel story.

It can happen once. Nothing is absolute in either it happeded or not. It happens once and once done, u find no trace of it ever because it nevwr could have happened. In our case it all happened, then we removed the seed of it to make sure it never happened. Events can get erased and rewritten, there is no rigidity in that. After all all Elizabeths can exist till Booker actually dies. They cease to exist only after he is dead. So, ofcourse Elziabeth can kill Booker and cease to exist. Same with all Terminator stories. There is nothing impossible in that.

If that's the case then that absurd instructions with no apparent origin scenario I posted is also plausible as it obeys the same internal laws as Bioshock Infinite.

Anybody good hints for the final level ?

Without typing too many spoilers here... I think the last level is a bit "unbalanced" compared to the rest of the game (as in very hard vs. do-able for the rest).

what is the final level? surprisingly i cant remember what is the final level, all of the game since i met eliz feels like final level.

btw i play infinite on PC and.... Ugh... Why i did not see the ALTERNATE effect option when i played it. That option makes Columbia a lot more comfortable for my eyes.

the normal just too blinding bright

bloom.jpg

Without typing too many spoilers here... I think the last level is a bit "unbalanced" compared to the rest of the game (as in very hard vs. do-able for the rest).

Use
Songbird
on the ground Patriots as much as you can. It took me a awhile too. I was concentrating it on the Zeppelins while fighting the ground forces myslef, but it didn't work. Alternate between using it on the Zepellins and ground forces. THe cooldown for using it on the ground is very low, so it works.

Big gameplay spoiler. Absolutely do not read if you want to figure out the last fight for yourself.

It's relatively easy as long as you take out the Blimps fairly quickly with songbird to limit the Patriot waves. For the Patriots on the ground, always hit them from behind. Use chainguns from defeated Patriots combined with shock (to amp damage and stun them). The level is fairly easy if you do that as the Patriots almost never target the player, so you can easily chaingun/rocket launcher them in the back for quick and easy kills. They die in like 2-3 seconds with the chaingun, slightly longer with the rocket launcher due to reloading.

If you attack the Patriots anywhere but the gears in back while they are shocked, you'll likely run out of ammo fairly quickly which will make the level hard.

For the humans, they are relative easy if you have the Crow power upgrade that creates a Crow trap if you kill someone under the effects of Crow. Toss out a Crow and kill as many as possible while they are affected by it to create a lot of Crow traps. That will then slow down new waves and if you kill the humans in new waves while they are affected by the traps, then they create new traps. Easy peasy. I only had to cast Crow three or four times the entire fight, but almost all human waves were covered in crows and there were a ton of crow traps on the ground when I was done. :D

A friend of mine also mentioned using the Hydra (I think that's the power) to lasso a bunch of humans near the railings and then push them off for instant kills. I never used that power myself, but it sounds like it could work.

You can use Songbird on the deck of the ship you are on if you get overwhelmed, but that just makes the fight last longer. I never had to using the strategy above.

Regards,
SB

Microsoft is running a Xbox Live Deal of the Week on all Bioshock titles. You can get Bioshock 1 & 2 for $5 & Bioshock Infinite for $9.89. The DLC is on sale as well. Read elsewhere that Sony is matching the deal, but can't confirm. I bought Bioshock 2 since I never played it. Already had $2.50 in my Microsoft Account. So I basically got it for $2.50. Figured with that deal I wouldn't see it show up on Games with Gold anytime soon.

Tommy McClain

Microsoft is running a Xbox Live Deal of the Week on all Bioshock titles. You can get Bioshock 1 & 2 for $5 & Bioshock Infinite for $9.89. The DLC is on sale as well. Read elsewhere that Sony is matching the deal, but can't confirm. I bought Bioshock 2 since I never played it. Already had $2.50 in my Microsoft Account. So I basically got it for $2.50. Figured with that deal I wouldn't see it show up on Games with Gold anytime soon.

Tommy McClain
Got Bioshock Infinite with all the DLC and expansions!! Finally! T'was my only torn in the side of the past generation.

I had to dust the X360 off though. Don't you think that the X360 sounds like a nuclear reactor now that you've gotten used to the Xbox One?

Back