billion dollar house

Lets be honest, in 1 years time, the number of manned military A-A and strike fighter will like be a small small percentage of the used aircraft. For air superiority, its really an issue of how many missiles you can carry, the missile ranges, the capability of the seekers, the detection capabilities of the craft, and the detectability of the craft. The human cockpit does nothing but present design problems and take resources.
you have forgotten the most important thing, rate of climb is critial.

That looks a bit big to fit into the nose of a fighter jet. But most of the modern fighter jet radars are tiled phased array systems.
these are for ship and land based systems, but they can go on much smaller ships then current radars used for anti air warfare. its different to most modern radars as the system is completely digital end to end and the backend is entirely FPGA based, they have a metric truck load more processing power then all other modern radars.
That's more an issue of the US owning the vast majority of the heavy lift capability in the world between the C5, C17, and the fleet of C130s plus the largest sealift fleet in the world. Plus strategic stockpile of heavy vehicles (tanks, etc) around the world (middle east, asia).

Now if you meant combat effective, that's true too, but that's really mainly because of the backend capabilities (comms, etc). The vast majority of the US weapons aren't any different than any other 1st/2nd would countries. For instance, the M1 tank isn't really any better than say the british or german designs. In fact the weapon systems are largely the same among the western nations for tanks. About the only thing that the US has that no one else does is the AC130s.
i meant in the combat effectiveness sense, what they did in the first gulf war for example, Iraq had a completely modern advanced anti air network, and it was ripped apart in the first few nights.

All reports are that the F15SE testing is going better than expected and would likely be available in late 2011/early 2012. Pricing is reported to be in the $100 mil range vs ~$200 mil range for the F35 (which is completely disturbing and borked). So far Boeing has ran into issues with export licenses, only receiving one for South Korea though it is reported that they applied for both Saudi Arabia and Israel as well.

Apparently there are a lot of countries interested in it, not the least for the fact that software for the plane is available whereas so far the US has been very reluctant to provide software access for the F35. Which means its possible to integrate non-us approved systems into the F15SE and not into the F35.

i wonder if the SE can do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PBHawwpeM

you have forgotten the most important thing, rate of climb is critial.

Good thing the loaded weight of the F15 is less than the empty weight of an F22! Basically, the F15 has a higher thrust to weight ratio than the F22. I still don't know how they managed to make the F22 so heavy.

i meant in the combat effectiveness sense, what they did in the first gulf war for example, Iraq had a completely modern advanced anti air network, and it was ripped apart in the first few nights.

All you need is a couple radar homing missiles and you can fix the AA problem pretty easily. Though, I think the level of modernization of the Iraqi AA was greatly exaggerated. Consider the US had more planes shot down by AA in the Balkans than in Desert Storm.

Considering its basically the same plane with a different paint, likely.

Im waiting for lasers because lasers beat anything. Once one country has good lasers everywhere it can never be defeated.

If I had a billion dollars to spend to build a home I would build something like this but of course with modern architecture and technology.

18674.jpg

That's an awesome location, especially if you want to defend from assassins trying to murder you - just put in a drawbridge to the entrance stairs and pull it up at night! :LOL: ...However, I personally would want a big lawn in connection to my home. I don't want to fall and kill myself if I was to slip while leaning out washing off my windows or something... ;)

Btw, where is that image taken? Where did you find it?

It is absolutely breathtaking :oops:

Perhaps The Holy Monastery of Rousanou/St. Barbara[16] was founded in the middle of 16th century AD and decorated in 1560

But I still don't see the particular image in there...

Yes indeed.

800px-Meteora_Rousano_IMG_7766.jpg

There's a full resolution 2,048 × 1,365 image below.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/Meteora_Rousano_IMG_7766.jpg

From another perspective.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/Meteora_2_evlahos.jpg

Edit: Actually the last one seems to be a different one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't James Bond once kill some baddies in one of those monasteries, or am I getting my fictional heroes confused with one another?

Back