Nintendo Revolution Potential Specs? & Bits On GBA2?

Vysez said:
Fafalada said:
Jaws said:
and if the GC had 16 MB of *slow* A-ram, the 64 MB A-Ram for N5 doesn't sound so silly?

64Mo of A-Ram as in the GC, Yes, but:
Great Reporter from N-Sider doing some total journalism said:
As for those audio specs, if they are going for 196Khz, then they'll most certainly need the dedicated 64MB.

That's silly (but not as silly as the explanation made by N-Sider).
:D

... that reporter wouldn't know a spec even if it slapped in him in the face and danced around him in a light hearted, mario style manner, procaliming he's the messenger from Mr. Miyamoto...

Faf

Yep I was pretty sure it was auxiliary ram. But then these type of abreviations are very open to interpretation. Look at DS.. Nintendo say that means Developers System, everyone else says it means Dual Screen :)

Jaws said:
... that reporter wouldn't know a spec even if it slapped in him in the face and danced around him in a light hearted, mario style manner, procaliming he's the messenger from Mr. Miyamoto...

:LOL: Yeah, and yes, 64Mo of A-Ram-like is not a crazy idea...
But, we have to remember that the A-Ram was almost never used as a "Disc Drive Cache", even in Streaming-fest games such as Metroid Prime.

So 64Mo might be a little too low for that, except if they use it like they use the A-Ram today (Music, executable, etc). :D

Teasy said:
EDIT: I just read that extremetech quote with the "virtual Rom cartridge" comment in it. Pretty strange comment IMO...

I dunno...I think what they said made a good analogy from developers used to N64 cartridges...Nintendo were extremely stubborn in moving away from cartridges and loosing that 'instant' game load (and the license coffers!)...but boy do I miss those cartridges, but the GBA SP suffices... thinkng it about it my GC feels alot faster at loading than the PS2 ever does! 8)

Vysez said:
Jaws said:

:LOL: Yeah, and yes, 64Mo of A-Ram-like is not a crazy idea...
But, we have to remember that the A-Ram was almost never used as a "Disc Drive Cache", even in Streaming-fest games such as Metroid Prime.

So 64Mo might be a little too low for that, except if they use it like they use the A-Ram today (Music, executable, etc). :D

Similar state to the Xbox HD then... I bet devs prolly said they'd find those features useful but in realworld use...'wtf was I thinking'! :D

Na

Nintendo sat back and said. Wow if only we could come up with insane specs .

So they decided to just have a pool of memory that was 10 gigs big . To bad its just overstock on pc 100 !!!!!

Back