Bill Gates tells us NOT to buy first gen Xbox 360's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oda

Newcomer
Excerpt from GamesIndustry.biz article:

"The initial shipments of Xbox 360 will be based on today's DVD format," Gates explained. "We are looking at whether future versions of Xbox 360 will incorporate an additional capability of an HD DVD player or something else."

What's most interesting about Gates' comments is that they confirm that the first generation of Xbox 360 is likely to be joined over time by models with additional functionality - specifically, extra features which are designed to improve the system's abilities as a home media centre.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an idiot. I've been on the fence on whether or not to purchase a 360 around launch time, and this statement has completely sealed my decision. There is absolutely no way I'm going to buy one until Fall 2006 at the earliest. If I can get an added HD-DVD/Blu-Ray player and/or added multimedia functionality (possibility TiVO-like recording) for the same price, I can wait. The titles will still be available at that time, and I'd rather wait even if these features aren't added, then purchase one now and potentially get screwed.

Thoughts?

Link: http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9804

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back