Biggest seller of the year?

Who selleth most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last I heard Guitar Hero 3 was at 5 million little over a week ago, but that was worldwide. Halo 3 has done almost 5 million in NA, and I think the poll was originally NA+Jap sales, so how much has Guitar Hero 3 done in Na and Japan in 2007?

all numbers taken from NPD

halo3 at 4.82 for the year
GH3 was 3.3 before dec,
in dec it sold 1.25 on the ps2 + 0.624 on the xb360 = 5.17million plus dec sales for wii+ps3 which should bring it close to 6 million
which means GH3 is easily the biggest selling title of the year

i believe all titles didnt ship enuf in japan to change the result

GH3 was 3.3 before dec,
in dec it sold 1.25 on the ps2 + 0.624 on the xb360 = 5.17million plus dec sales for wii+ps3 which should bring it close to 6 million

Yep looks like you are right, although I didn't find all of the numbers, but no reason to doubt them... Yeah it's hard for even mighty Halo to fight against four platforms :smile:

GH3 was 3.3 before dec,

As Laa-Yosh implied, Halo3 sold a lot more worldwide, as of Januari 3rd, 2008 (I doubt those three days make a big difference):
The PR team has just released some interesting numbers on where we are with the Xbox 360 that I thought you would enjoy discussing:

* We have sold more than 17.7 million Xbox 360 consoles worldwide
* More than 8.1 million copies of "Halo 3" have been sold since its launch (September 25, 2007)
* Mass Effect" reached 1.6 million units sold, in just six weeks (on sale November 20, 2007)

As Laa-Yosh implied,

Halo3 sold a lot more worldwide, as of Januari 3rd, 2008 (I doubt those three days make a big difference)

Well Guitar Hero 3 probably sold some units outside of NA too you know, atleast I have one. Guitar Hero seems to have sold about 6 million in US alone, so it could be quite close to 10M worldwide.

guitar hero has helped activision become the biggest publisher in the US for 2007

'Guitar Hero games sold over $820 million at U.S. retail which is a record for any single franchise in any one year.'

this year im picking wii-fit to be the early number one

regarding the Halo 3 numbers released by MS... aren't those shipped numbers?

The quote says sold. Considering they're near ~5 million in the US, add ~500k for Canada, ~1 million or so for UK, I don't think its out of the question they sold through 1.6 million in the rest of the world

The quote says sold. Considering they're near ~5 million in the US, add ~500k for Canada, ~1 million or so for UK, I don't think its out of the question they sold through 1.6 million in the rest of the world
but considering the 17.7 is sold to stores, it makes you wonder.

well the years up + the biggest seller was none of the above :)
funnily noone picked it

guitar hero 3

this year?
super smash, GTA4, wii-fit, something else?
Hmm, it seems Activision agrees with you. :)
Additionally, Guitar Hero(R) III: Legends of Rock(TM) was the #1 title in units and dollars for calendar year 2007, making it the #1 best-selling video game of all time in a single calendar year.
http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=288525
Surpassing Halo 3, that is quite a feat, even though it is released on all consoles.

Back