Biggest seller of the year?

Who selleth most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the PC, UT3 will have very strong competition in form of HL2/TF2, Crysis (the current PC darling) and Gears of War PC.

I would have added orange box to the list but valve won't disclose steam purchases and with soooo many Steam bundles it'd be hard to do a fair comparison.

Considering the fact that Halo 2 set records on its' first day of release that still stand, and the huge promotional push Halo 3 is getting, I'd vote Halo 3. Don't really understand how people could come to another game as their conclusion...

sure halo3 has gotten a boost with the withdrawal of gta but logically i cant see how it can sell the most this year.
im willing to bet $100US on this, any takers?

Thats easy, Halo 3 as I just dont see any other software that can beet it in THIS year. I dont think UT3 will sell that well on the PS3. Yes it will sell well on the PC but I guess we will see...

sure halo3 has gotten a boost with the withdrawal of gta but logically i cant see how it can sell the most this year.

no need for money! do it like gaf. Bet your account :D

loser gets a temp ban.

I'm betting you're going to suggest that one of the wii packed in games will win.

UT3 to beat Halo3? On a platform with less then half as many units sold? And UT games have barely reached a million units in the past, if it's any indication here...

Are we speaking of Madden terms of overall sales across consoles, if so it would almost definitely be my pick. Although if we are talking on a single console basis then I would have to go with Halo3.

SSB is the only title I think that could eclipse Halo3 and its going to be close between those two.

Assassin Creed has no chance to come on top but being a ps3/360 title it has good chances to beat UT3 ps3/pc if you ask me..
So +1 to laa-yosh

Does the Nintendo DS count as a console? Something like Pokemon or Brain Age may sell a lot. I assume bundled sales don't count either cos otherwise wii sports and wii play are going to be big.

But yeah all the Halo fans are going to buy the game when its launch. That's like 5 million units right there.

Reasons why Halo 3 is the easy winner:

- Madden while a always strong seller is not a Halo 3, this is the game that will come closest however.

- Mass Effect, will have strong sales (I'd say inline with Bioshock) but won't be even close to Halo 3. My number 4 from the above list.

- Uncharted... wha? My point exactly, it better get real big real quick (forums don't count, I know, shocking). My last place.

- "Wii game", if by non-bundled Wii game then Mario, easily. When you think Nintendo you think Mario, and many of the "casual" and not so casual Wii owners will grab the new Mario game. My number 3.

- UT3, 5th for you. Reasons why? Its a hardcore FPS with really nothing new but really nice graphics. UT2K4 players and then some new PS3 players will pick this up, it won't come close to top PC seller of this year and I don't think it'll do that well on the PS3 actually. Xbox 360? Halo 3 rules that world, 'nuff said.

That is why Halo 3 going to be the top seller by a long shot of the games on the list. However, I think the "surprise" in sales will be the Orange Box. HL2, EP1, EP2, TF2, and Portal... amazing deal to all the console gamers out there. Amazing deal to PC gamers and TF2 is going to be very big in the multiplayer PC world for FPS games I believe. I think this might when it comes to collective sales by the second best selling game of the year behind Halo 3, though forever hard to know because you can expect a lot of sales through Steam for the PC.

Back