Best water rendering effects *spawn

Haven't seen the gifs, but I imagine you can render the underwater to a render target and then sample this with an offset via water surface normal.
Exactly, refraction is one of the easiest trick to fake (remember when everyone went nuts when it was shown more than a decade ego in the Hal Life 2 Source engine tech-demo..the good old times...) Same for caustics..it is usually only an animated texture.

Last edited:
Grand-Theft-Auto-5-Great-White.jpg

From GTA V, better than most games in the current gen but i still prefer how U4 looks here: http://abload.de/img/1cbkd5.png

Thank you for the picture. Yes , Tessellation improves the environment immensely. POM can also help a lot. But not so much with smaller to middle rocks. More for bigger rocks.

Therefore Uncharted 4 has fewer pop-ups. The draw distance is amazing for this CPU.

On a 65+ inch large TV from less than 2,5 Meters distance low poly/detail objects in games bother me more and more. Tessellation, POM and small Normal Mapps have become extremely important to me

Oh yeah i should add, that i don't think this
grandtheftautov04.30.2yjgn.png

grandtheftautov04.30.afj0q.png

Looks as good as this
uncharted-4_-a-thiefsw6j6i.jpg

personally

I'll try to take better ones later on and see how they differ in various lighting conditions. I'll post more in about 3-4 hours.

the water scene makes me remember tintin

secret-the-unicorn03.jpg

this time, i wont be just watching it. ill be playing it! (in 9 days)

i wonder about its physics though.

Arkham Knight is a marvel that deserves far more praises than it gets.
GTA V is still one of the most technically impressive games of the pas 3years tho.

What I wanna know is if uncharted is next-gen enogh to have fish swim out of the way when drake nears them.

Thankfully it uses an updated version of COD: Ghost's fish AI...
God damn it. Game of the year if true. I can't believe it! They have to be using the cloud for that. Unless cerny has secretly stuck a n64 chip in there and U4 is the first game to unlock it.

God damn it. Game of the year if true. I can't believe it! They have to be using the cloud for that. Unless cerny has secretly stuck a n64 chip in there and U4 is the first game to unlock it.
Yes sir! It's the Emotion Engine finally being put to work.

Tried to take more varied pictures, don't have the time for different TOD, tried something similar to U4 (around noon).

grandtheftautov04.30.tdjea.jpg

grandtheftautov04.30.usjfb.jpg

grandtheftautov04.30.fvksx.jpg

grandtheftautov04.30.k2jqc.jpg

grandtheftautov04.30.iokwp.jpg

grandtheftautov04.30.mmjjd.jpg

grandtheftautov04.30.eljks.jpg

Can't find anything that looks "the same" as Uncharted 4, but looks good anyway!

GTAV honestly looks butt ugly now, the lighting, shading and geometry in general are sorely lacking. I'd put Far Cry Primal easily above it.

I have taken a screenshot in GTA V, 1080p, PC

For me it looks similar to Clukus' Uncharted 4 image.
GTAV_1080p by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

According to the statistic.I died the first time in GTA V by drowning. :( After a playtime of more than 14 days.
Why can't the character hold his breath more than 20 seconds?! ^^

Last edited:
Back