Best Company Vehicle ~$35k

RussSchultz said:
Sage said:
btw, noone has yet to mention the most important factor... how UGLY Lexuses are!
That I can actually agree with.

I haven't seen a Lexus yet that I look at and think "DAMN! I gots to get".

The Acuras were that way too, up until just recently. (The old CL was just bleh, though the Integras were OK)

Come on Russ, you didn't even like the 3.2 CL - S ?

Lexus is very plain looking for the most part and the SC430, I dunno wtf is up with that.

But on the inside, its one of the quietest cars round and comfortable as hell. Plus love the attention to detail.

The IS series was the first Lexus I looked at and said, heck that looks nice. Other than that the LS series was more for affordable luxury more-so than anything else.

Hehe Sage, wouldn't you like to know?

_xxx_, the driving experience in an Italian car is far superior to anything Mercedes or BMW put out (with an exception for the M3 and M5) and Porsche is on par with Lamborghini.

Sonic said:
Hehe Sage, wouldn't you like to know?

you do realize ther Maybach is owned by Mercedes, right? And RR is owned by BMW 8)

_xxx_, the driving experience in an Italian car is far superior to anything Mercedes or BMW put out (with an exception for the M3 and M5)

better than AMG's? Or how about a Lorinser? I wouldnt expect those to be Italian-quality but I would expect them to be on par with the M3 and M5

aaronspink said:
The SC is a POORLY designed car. It is large yet, the seatin space is cramped and the backseat is pretty much useless. Just some poor design choices.

and not to mention FUGLY! Those things are almost as ugly as a Chevrolet SSR

I think Jag S-types are pretty cool-lookin... but lets not even get into Jag reliability :LOL:

aaronspink said:
Ty said:
Same with the SC.

http://www.lexus.com/models/sc/exterior.html (though I think it's more of a doctor's wife's car).

And in terms of reliability I thought the Lexus was pretty good.

The SC is a POORLY designed car. It is large yet, the seatin space is cramped and the backseat is pretty much useless. Just some poor design choices.

That's true of every roadster-like car- that back seats are fairly useless (well the G35C is somewhat usable).

One programmer here (6' 4" played football in college) actually thot the SC was very comfortable when we went to go check them out. /shrug.

Sage said:
I think Jag S-types are pretty cool-lookin... but lets not even get into Jag reliability :LOL:

actually there was a 3 or 4 year period where jag was either the most or in the top 5 most reliable makes. This was after Ford bought them though.

aaronspink said:
Sage said:

actually there was a 3 or 4 year period where jag was either the most or in the top 5 most reliable makes. This was after Ford bought them though.

really?? what years were those??

Ty said:
That's true of every roadster-like car- that back seats are fairly useless (well the G35C is somewhat usable).

most "roadsters" aren't 2 ton plus land yachts. A roadster is something like an SLK, A miata, Z4, MR2, etc.

For the cubic volume that the SC430 contains, it has incredibly little usable space.

One programmer here (6' 4" played football in college) actually thot the SC was very comfortable when we went to go check them out. /shrug.

In can be a comfortable car for 2 people without luggage, yes.

aaronspink said:
most "roadsters" aren't 2 ton plus land yachts. A roadster is something like an SLK, A miata, Z4, MR2, etc.

For the cubic volume that the SC430 contains, it has incredibly little usable space.

Uh, as I said, imo it's a car more fitting of a doctor's wife.

Well I too have heard that their reliability is much better afte rFord bought them, but it could not be much worse than it was after all :p

RussSchultz said:
Sazar said:
Its butt end is nearly as ugly as the old style Altima.
Russ, my first Nissan was a '93 Altime SE that I happened to love just a bit more than life itself at the time....them is fighting words with me man!

I hated the re-designed Altimas back-end, I liked the original with the spoiler much better.

RussSchultz said:
Sazar said:
Its butt end is nearly as ugly as the old style Altima.

The 3.0's looked crap, but I quite fancied the 3.2 cl type-s's :D

The old altima's had some weird styling cue's, I'll give you that.

I am very happy with my new one though :devilish:

Sonic said:
_xxx_, the driving experience in an Italian car is far superior to anything Mercedes or BMW put out (with an exception for the M3 and M5) and Porsche is on par with Lamborghini.

It's not the right comparison, Ferrari, Lambo etc. are puristic sports cars while Merc/BMW/Audi etc. are "normal" cars. Of course sports cars are better driving machines, but these are made for that purpose _only_.

Sage, even AMG has a Merc-typical "comfort"-factor, so it's not comparable to Italians (only exception being AMG CLK DTM). Even the SLR is not as sporty as Murcielago or such.

BTW, Lorinser only tunes the optics. You probably rather meant Brabus or Carlsson.

PC-Engine said:
Jag is one of the most reliable cars around after FORD purchased them.

consumer reports still doesnt have a lot of nice things to say about them.

and, besides, it's now a FORD product- Fix Or Repair Daily. Also from the people who brought you the Rustang(tm).

Back