Best Company Vehicle ~$35k

Mize

3dfx Fan
Legend
Well, it's time to replace the company car again and I'm looking foor input. The rules state that caps are MSRP (less destination) based. Anything over $35k comes out of my pocket. I tend to prefer sedans with some uhmph but I'm open to SUVs or estates (wagons). I also travel to lots of US manufacturing customers so "american" cars can be more politically correct.

Edit: 4 doors is key as this is for taking customer out quite often.

Some candidates: Acura TL, Chrysler 300C (AWD), Caddilac CTS, Nissan Murano...

Thoughts?

I don't understand...you seem to be trying to get as close to the $35K mark without "going over."

I thought you were part of the "compassionate businessman" movement...you should be getting just what you need to get around, and giving the rest of the money to your staff.

Try here:

http://www.kia.com/

(/me runs away) 8)

Joe DeFuria said:
I don't understand...you seem to be trying to get as close to the $35K mark without "going over."

I thought you were part of the "compassionate businessman" movement...you should be getting just what you need to get around, and giving the rest of the money to your staff.

Try here:

http://www.kia.com/

(/me runs away) 8)

:LOL: :LOL:

It's capitalized over 5 years anyway and I'm as keed on a nice car as anyone. Besides, customers would worry about the companies fiscals if I were driving a Kia!

(is it me or is B3D crawling today?)

The Infinity FX35 is a nice car on the inside, though it does drive a little rough if you have the 20" wheels.

For american cars, there ain't a whole lot of choice.

THe 300C (which seems to be developing into a "younger generation char"), and the Caddilac (which seems to be pushing past the 35k barrier you've set).

RussSchultz said:
The Infinity FX35 is a nice car on the inside, though it does drive a little rough if you have the 20" wheels.

For american cars, there ain't a whole lot of choice.

THe 300C (which seems to be developing into a "younger generation char"), and the Caddilac (which seems to be pushing past the 35k barrier you've set).

I'll have to drive the FX35.

I can get an AWD/Navsystem 300C for about $39k so $4k out of pocket. I'm afraid it won't handle terribly well though. The cheaper CTS would be underpowered I think.

The FX35 is awful small though, isn't it? Lemme know how the backseat is, mebbe I'll trade in my Pathfinder... ;)

That'd be interesting; a 350Z and an FX35. 8)

digitalwanderer said:
The FX35 is awful small though, isn't it? Lemme know how the backseat is, mebbe I'll trade in my Pathfinder... ;)

That'd be interesting; a 350Z and an FX35. 8)

Options push the FX35 over $40k really quick!
Is the FX35 just a tricked out Murano?

Yeah, I was thinking of the F40 or whatever their 350Z 4-seater is. :oops:

I didn't really like the Muranos when I looked at them, your own mileage may vary. I didn't care for the new Pathfinders either, I prefered how the Xterras looked as they looked much more old skool Pathfinder to me.

The Altima SE-R was really the only car that got me excited there besides the Z.

At this point I'm leaning toward the Acura TL with Nav system ($35k) or the AWD 300C with Nav system ($39k). The second is a bit ugly but 340 bhp sure sounds like a nice feature...

The Altima is supposed to have some serious road noise according to Edmunds...?

The TL is a much better car than the 300C-Hemi, even though its front wheel drive and has less power.

Its more comfortable, and better appointed, quieter, etc. Plus its a honda/acura, which speaks a few things about its reliability.

I'd vote for the new TL too. I think the turn radius still sucks so if you're in a metropolitan area, I'd check that out.

RussSchultz said:
The TL is a much better car than the 300C-Hemi, even though its front wheel drive and has less power.

Its more comfortable, and better appointed, quieter, etc. Plus its a honda/acura, which speaks a few things about its reliability.

It's be nice if it had AWD though. The Audis are nice but a bit too much (I won't call it overpriced).

Consumer Reports just (today) picked the TL as the best mid-range luxury sedan for reliability...

Mize said:
It's be nice if it had AWD though. The Audis are nice but a bit too much (I won't call it overpriced).
Which is why I ended up with a Subaru Legacy GT. (also $5k cheaper). Well, that and it came in a wagon and the TL didn't.

If you want money out of your pocket, you can go for the RL. ;)

Oh, and the 2006 BMW 325i should have 225 HP, and be in the price range you're interested in. The 'ix' version might be a little more.

RussSchultz said:
Mize said:
Which is why I ended up with a Subaru Legacy GT. (also $5k cheaper). Well, that and it came in a wagon and the TL didn't.

If you want money out of your pocket, you can go for the RL. ;)

Oh, and the 2006 BMW 325i should have 225 HP, and be in the price range you're interested in. The 'ix' version might be a little more.

I was a BMW mechanic in high school and they're nice but not my thing. Seats on most tend to get uncomfortable about 4 hours in. I had a Subaru legacy wagon once upon a time (1996?) and it blew a differential but was under warranty. The RL is nice but not worth $50k in my book. For that I'd take an A6 loaded.

The Subaru wagon is nice (250 bhp out of a 4-cyl), but why no nav system? About 1/2 my travel is to new destinations and it would just be nice to have one (my wife has one and never uses it!).

Holy crap!
The TL's rear seat doesn't fold! WTF?
That screws my first choice!
I often have to transport my company's sensors that can be up to 48" long!

CRAP!

Oh yeah, that was another reason. ;)

The G35 seats don't fold, either.

The BMW seats fold, though you need to order that separately.

Screw the political correctness and get a peugeot 407. It will get some attention that's for sure.

galerie_images_photo_05_zoom.jpg

For most comfortable ride check out a SAAB 9-5. They've got some spunk as well when you put down the pedal.

Back