Battlefield: Hardline (Its war no more :( )

Played last night. The game is ugly, but it's pretty fun. The Heist mode is great. Hotwire is not something I'd play a lot, but it's a pretty fun diversion. Haven't tried Conquest yet.

i hate the heist mode simply because there's no heli except when the thief doing extraction.

Hotwire is better freedom BUT its just illussion. THere;s no use for camping on top of roof or circling heli.

Conquest.. have not played it. suspected it will be classic battlefield?

i hate the heist mode simply because there's no heli except when the thief doing extraction.

Hotwire is better freedom BUT its just illussion. THere;s no use for camping on top of roof or circling heli.

Conquest.. have not played it. suspected it will be classic battlefield?

Why would you want to camp playing hotwire, or fly a helicopter during a bank heist where the objective is to blow the vault and steal the money?

Yes, Conquest is the classic battlefield mode.

Tried the game for a few minutes on PS4. I know that this is nothing nice to say and I know this is related to the 60Hz update: but this game really looks like a PS3 game IQ wise...it was quite a shock to me.

Gameplay wasn't bad, as always that is BFs strong point (when it works).

Actually, the game looked and feels like a BF4 mod (the character models and animations!) and I refuse to pay full price for this...

Why would you want to camp playing hotwire, or fly a helicopter during a bank heist where the objective is to blow the vault and steal the money?

Yes, Conquest is the classic battlefield mode.

on hotwire, people camp on ground. nobody camp on top of the skyscrapper although it have good view for lots of areas (the roads is not curved).

on bank heist i though the end wont be a simply copy-paste from "endgame" in Titanfall. I though this will be BATTLEFIELD with awesome chase.

EDIT:
btw where's the destruction strategy in this game?
i though it at minimum will be back like what we have in BFBC and at max it will be like the upcoming tom clancy game.... forget the name.. the one inside houses, blowing up walls.

EDIT:
btw where's the destruction strategy in this game?
i though it at minimum will be back like what we have in BFBC and at max it will be like the upcoming tom clancy game.... forget the name.. the one inside houses, blowing up walls.

Rainbow 6 Seige :)

mOIekMD.png

Is BFH very CPU bound?

I would have thought the XB1/PS4 updates and time spent with the previous installment would have yielded better results this time around.

I hate to be that guy; but graphically speaking, BFH wasn't all that impressive from the demo (PC version). Hell, PC/PS4/XB1 Metro Redux and Advanced Warfare looks head-and-shoulders above BFH at this point and time.

Last edited:
mOIekMD.png

Is BFH very CPU bound?

I would have thought the XB1/PS4 updates and time spent with the previous installment would have yielded better results this time around.

I hate to be that guy; but graphically speaking, BFH wasn't all that impressive from the demo (PC version). Hell, PC/PS4/XB1 Metro Redux and Advanced War looks head-and-shoulders above BFH at this point and time.
From the 3 to 4 beta matches I played this game looks terrible. It isn't just the low resolution though. It's everything about it.
The resolution aspect on both consoles is pathetic for this game. We already have a few titles running on Frostbite 3 on both consoles that beat this game in graphics and resolution. PvZGW runs at 1080p(ps4) and 900+p (Xbox One) and even with its cartoon like graphics blows BFH away in my mind. I understand the low res in MP because of the 64 player count, but for the campaign they should be hitting 1080p on the Ps4 and 900p on the X1.

mOIekMD.png

Is BFH very CPU bound?

I hate to be that guy; but graphically speaking, BFH wasn't all that impressive from the demo (PC version). Hell, PC/PS4/XB1 Metro Redux and Advanced Warfare looks head-and-shoulders above BFH at this point and time.
It's certainly bottlenecking early. I was actually expecting ps4 to hit 1080 and XO to hit 900 by this time.

If we look at this list here and see the values under 7870 and 7770 that appears to tell a picture.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425873058.168842.jpg

It's certainly bottlenecking early. I was actually expecting ps4 to hit 1080 and XO to hit 900 by this time.

If we look at this list here and see the values under 7870 and 7770 that appears to tell a picture.View attachment 596

The 7870/7770 numbers (fps) do look awful... even with an (6 core /12 threads) i7 clocked at 4.9GHz. :confused:

Last edited:
Old engine showing its age. My guess is the next Frostbite engine that will launch with the Star Wars game will have both improved visuals and performance.

The DX11 driver can have an impact, if for some reason it was not improved as quickly, perhaps due to a shift in focus to a low-overhead API. Cross-vendor + cross-API comparisons in other situations show not every DX11 implementation is equal.

Back