Battlefield Bad Company new trailer

Thank god.! I've been waiting so long for a decent game to not take itself seriously :)
wooooooooonderful

Yeah I didn't care for the "comedy" trailer but the graphics are surely amazing.

It basically looks like Gears evolved+in the sun, which is nice.

I remember BFMC being rather impressive to me back around launch time. Nice to know somebody with a track record is behind the pretty face.

Thank you, that looked fantastic. Can't wait to see/hear more at GDC. Repi, can you tell us which platform is the lead sku? and if possible for what reasons? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, killer. Huge BF fan here (with prerequisit nagging about patches...) and this looks awesome. How long until we find out what online options will be in this game? I believe it is SP focused, but will there be a MP? MP where we can blow up stuff... my dream game!

It may be taboo but I think in this case, its a valid observation. Between this game and the new Frontlines game, I think the Killzone 2 game should be able to get close to the controversial trailer.

2dvtnwx.jpg

WOW! That looks really really good.

Is this UE3 or not? It sure looks a lot like UE3.

I hope it isn't, I want something different.

The problem with Engines is they have a certain graphical "ceiling" so to speak. Custom engines just appeal to us more. UE3 is definitely pushing the hardware boundaries anyway, but nevertheless you would feel like a custom engine could push them further.

The problem with Engines is they have a certain graphical "ceiling" so to speak. Custom engines just appeal to us more. UE3 is definitely pushing the hardware boundaries anyway, but nevertheless you would feel like a custom engine could push them further.

It's DICE. They don't need UE3.

The game is actually using Dice's in-house developed engine called Frostbite. A dev posted on the first page. ;) I too thought it was using UE3 when I first saw it back in August.

It sure looks a lot like UE3.
Maybe it's just because Gears and UT3 have different art styles, but I don't think this looks much like UE3. Bioshock, Mass Effect and Stranglehold do look technically similar and tend suffer from the same types of problems (overharsh lighting, obvious polygonation, low res textures in places). I don't think the shots released have that kind of tendency.

Back