Battlefield 4

So what of the graphics in this game? Has anyone played the single player campaign maxed out yet? I haven't heard any reports as to how good it looks. Are we talking just a tweaked Battlefield 3 or something capable of matching the other next gen graphics heavyweights?

Are we talking just a tweaked Battlefield 3 or something capable of matching the other next gen graphics heavyweights?
It looks good, but it's definitely "moar BF3" - the water is the most notable addition graphically I'd say. I reject the premise that BF3 can't stand against any game that has come out graphically, so I guess that answers your question :)

hmm, EA need to change the way Origin handle DLC and updates.

i dual boot. BF4 full updated and DLC-ed on Windows 7.
when on windows 8, Origin will tell me to update AGAIN. and Battlelog says i dont have the China DLC although origin says i have it.
now im stuck playing on windows 7 and i cant copy-paste the game to laptop

hey EA, not everyone have 100MBPS internet. I only have 120KB/s internet. i WONT re-download, never, ever,

about the game...
How to get more "win" ? right now im win/lose at 54%

and it seems i cant unlock any infantry weapon at all. The vehicles unlock works fine though

hmm, definately something wrong with my BF4 or the EXP requirement are 10x higher than BF3...

i unlock only 1 weapon as infantry, the Paperplane.

Correct. I assume the AMD driver guy will take the weekend and release it on Monday.

Mantle driver is out now:D Really hoping for some user tests on old CPUs, I don't like how most reviewers are so geared towards the higher-end side

From what I've seen it helps for the most part in CPU limited situations. It's not as big a boost if you have a super computer and are pushing gpu limited situations. Sounds like it could be a huge boost for mid-range and low-range. Gaming laptops with mediocre CPUs could get a huge boost.

I have a feeling that the only reason Mantle exists is to make AMD APUs look more palatable.

I have a feeling that the only reason Mantle exists is to make AMD APUs look more palatable.

No way, Mantle can bring huge benefits to those with highish end AMD GPUs but mid-range CPUs. Even a lowly 2 module AMD Piledriver CPU can run BF4 as fast as an i5 Haswell with Mantle. With Mantle even low end Intel CPUs can run the game well, which is not the case at all under D3D.

No way, Mantle can bring huge benefits to those with highish end AMD GPUs but mid-range CPUs. Even a lowly 2 module AMD Piledriver CPU can run BF4 as fast as an i5 Haswell with Mantle. With Mantle even low end Intel CPUs can run the game well, which is not the case at all under D3D.

Yeah but what I meant was I think the reason AMD went for this Mantle strategy was to boost their CPU performance. They are taking a different approach to solving their relative performance problem. It is good they aren't requiring their CPUs be used though!

Ah yes I get you. And agree.

Intel is all alone out front in terms of peak performance, perf/Watt, and perf/die size. Basically everything CPU related. 6 years ago it would've been bonkers to think that Intel could beat AMD with a 3 generation old part, but these days AMD is hardly even competing with its own mediocre parts from 4 years ago :cry:

Back