Battlefield 4

Twenty Two 22 pages of DXGI error Battlefield 4.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/DirectX-function-GetDeviceRemovedReason-failed-with-dxgi-error/td-p/1634343/page/22

wow... i cant believe i keep buying Battlefield games :/
i was getting this problem too, a lot during BF3 but suddenly it fixes itself after it got update.

now it happen on BF4 after it got update. I cant even finish the horrible SP campaign :(

I feel sorry for you!!

Damn you Dice!!! Either stop making appealing games or stop making broken games!!

Is it still so bad?
I was planning on getting it for Christmas, but it looks like Crysis 3 will get extra play time.

Is it still so bad?
I was planning on getting it for Christmas, but it looks like Crysis 3 will get extra play time.
Nah, it's much better, at least for me. I had 1 crash yesterday and that was the first one for almost 2 weeks.

It's definitely playable now. I still get the odd crash but it's not like before where I would rarely finish a round. So still occasionally frustrating, but not an absolute waste of time :)

Btw since the 1GB update that make bf4 unable to run on my laptop, bf4 runs heavier on my pc.

It's like eating 10-20fps for no reason. I use clean windows 8.1 for bf4 on pc so I'm sure it's not software conflict.

Considering Dice's sloppiness when it comes to coding i'd say worse, but then again seeing as bf4 is the poster child for mantle you would think amd will watch them very closely and make sure that the mantle version runs well.

They really... REALLY need to make it so that when it inevitable crashes you don't lose all your progress for that round. Not really that hard to checkpoint it :S

Does the 5870 run BF4 very well?

It's ok, graphics wise it runs around 60fps+- on normal settings at 1920x1080. However I'm interested in running at max graphics setting and so I'm actually interested in seeing what the R9 290x/290 does with Mantle before deciding to get one or the 780GTX, depending on prices.

Price comparison, the PS4 is worth R6299 if bought via pre-order as the console is only released on 13 December. The extra controller, PlayStation camera and Killzone: Shadow Fall game is worth R7999.

2q9kz6d.jpg

If you do the current forex thing is currently, $1 = R10.35) so what should cost around R4129 is R6299. Close to 50% over what people in the USA pay and most probably more if not bought on pre-order.

Graphics cards are a bit better priced. The Asus R9 280X GAMING 3GB Radeon 3GB is worth R 4,558 locally. Comparing with the USA the price is a lot better, $379.99(NewEgg) or R3932. The Nvidia Asus 780 GTX cards however are a different matter. Price on NewEgg is $519(R5371), in SA it's R6,838. So price wise the AMD cards look a better option that the Nvidia or PS4. Btw. no Xbox One date has been set for SA as of yet so can't compare that.

Well even my GTX670 can maintain 60fps most of the time with max settings 1080p, and I'm sure my 7950 will as well once Mantle is implemented. But tbh even though the 670 is faster I don't think it makes much difference in terms of gameplay. It just isn't that much faster.

Yeah but the 5870 is on the borderline. I would prefer to have the fps at 70+ constantly and the 780GTX is the way forward with the battlefield games and not even mentioning the PhysX aspect of the card, which I like. However I'm curious to see what Mantle has to offer. If there's a huge bump in fps, then I'm sold. That and custom coolers for the R9 290/290x.

Back