Baldur's Gate III announced!

I've seen the video from IGN...
It quotes an indie dev. That's it.
My question was, if there are others (from actual triple A studios), that expressed the same opinion, or it's a case of, taking the quote of a single person and generalizing for exaggeration and clicks...
it seems like other developers supported the original dev views, but I haven't seen all the videos.

Here you have other devs involved in the discussion.

it seems like other developers supported the original dev views, but I haven't seen all the videos.

Here you have other devs involved in the discussion.

I read the quotes...
To me, it basically seems like miscommunication...
I don't think it's a case of "massive outrage", "AAA devs crying", or "blaming the gamer".
They are basically saying that no 40 people studio can pull this off, and that the early access model really worked for Larian, while acknowledging that both the game and the studio are excellent.
Anyway, I was just curious.

I am always skeptical of early access. So many games die in it that it makes it hard to drop money on. However its obvious in this case that 3 years of feedback across a vast amount of gamers can help iron out a lot of issues. But as I have shown with patch notes they have released , no matter what you do a game can never be perfect.

The guy asmogold is watching also brings up valid points in regards to reviews but that ahs always been an issue. Also IGN is just terrible.

I read the quotes...
To me, it basically seems like miscommunication...
I don't think it's a case of "massive outrage", "AAA devs crying", or "blaming the gamer".
They are basically saying that no 40 people studio can pull this off, and that the early access model really worked for Larian, while acknowledging that both the game and the studio are excellent.
Anyway, I was just curious.
more on this, a video from a few hours ago.

does anyone know if this game has Saving Throws like the first Divinity Original Sin? At the beginning I wasn't sure Saving Throws were for me, but after playing DoS 1 it began to grow on me and in DoS 2 I used a mod which had that feature.

By Saving Throws I mean that depending on some stat, like say Willpower, you have a slight chance to avoid an attack. This could completely change a combat and was an amazing feature that guaranteed no combat was equal and that you could lose or suffer more than expected in a given combat.

does anyone know if this game has Saving Throws like the first Divinity Original Sin? At the beginning I wasn't sure Saving Throws were for me, but after playing DoS 1 it began to grow on me and in DoS 2 I used a mod which had that feature.

By Saving Throws I mean that depending on some stat, like say Willpower, you have a slight chance to avoid an attack. This could completely change a combat and was an amazing feature that guaranteed no combat was equal and that you could lose or suffer more than expected in a given combat.

Not sure it's exactly like DoS but it does have Saving Throws (six different types).
There are a total of six Saving Throws in Baldur’s Gate 3, each of which corresponds with an ability score. They are Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.

Pretty pragmatic in the end I guess.
Hopefully they still work to implement split screen on the XSS. But it's easy to imagine them just moving on and leaving as is.
Trouble could be that the game was developed in such a way that getting it to work would mean fundamental changes.

Should be a cautionary tale to all developers thinking of developing on XS but I doubt it will be the case.

The obvious solution that Microsoft should have gone with well before now. Huge own goal there with one of the biggest game releases of the year getting basically free exclusivity on their rival platform for a time period.

"We found a solution" smh

It's slippery slope to let this one slide but at the same time I don't know how many people were going to make use of the feature in the first place. It just seemed silly to me.
It doesn't need to be a slippery slope at all, unless it becomes a recurring problem, in which case it's in Microsoft's best interest to make a blanket change to their policies in general, since it's ultimately their own fault for the problem existing to begin with.

incomplete games get bought when they hit the bargin bin. Hopefully the devs for this game will become more competent. Looking at the cluster that is their hotfixes show they need a better technical team behind their engines
Yeah, with only 174 hours of cutscenes to animate, there is no excuse for all these minor presentational bugs. Thank god we have real developers on these forums to tell us how to make games.

Yeah, with only 174 hours of cutscenes to animate, there is no excuse for all these minor presentational bugs. Thank god we have real developers on these forums to tell us how to make games.
3 years in early access and cross saves are broken, regular saves were broken and there are mission breaking bugs. ALso apparently the 3rd act is insanely buggy. But sure keep the narrative going over this game.

3 years in early access and cross saves are broken, regular saves were broken and there are mission breaking bugs. ALso apparently the 3rd act is insanely buggy. But sure keep the narrative going over this game.
1.) What relevance does the 3 years in Early Access have to do with the PS5 cross save feature not being complete and causing issues? If they had simply waited until the release of the PS5 version to enable the feature, there would have been no problems.
2.) All RPGs ship with mission breaking bugs, and the fact there are apparently so few in a game of the scale and scope of Baldur's Gate 3 is remarkable. It looks like there were around 10-15 issues in the hotfixes that could prevent progress, with the rest being crashes.
3.) I guess we will have to wait until further patches to find out. I was speaking purely about the hotfixes.

1.) What relevance does the 3 years in Early Access have to do with the PS5 cross save feature not being complete and causing issues? If they had simply waited until the release of the PS5 version to enable the feature, there would have been no problems.
2.) All RPGs ship with mission breaking bugs, and the fact there are apparently so few in a game of the scale and scope of Baldur's Gate 3 is remarkable. It looks like there were around 10-15 issues in the hotfixes that could prevent progress, with the rest being crashes.
3.) I guess we will have to wait until further patches to find out. I was speaking purely about the hotfixes.
1) Saves should have been the first thing to be worked out when releasing the game in early access. The game is still only available on pc and they had issues with saves not working. 3 years to fix the issues with saves https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=a8d3...aXMtZ29pbmctdG8tYnJlYWsteW91ci1zYXZlcy8&ntb=1

dating all the way back to 2020 with this

2) So few ? https://www.polygon.com/23834387/baldurs-gate-3-patch-1-patch-2 first patch after release targeted 1,000 bugs and introduced its own bugs that needed patching

3) they are going to be working on this for a long time. they had to already disable playstation cross saves because it broke their saves again. Now they are going to have to fix that and hopefully they don't introduce new bugs with xbox and cross saves with steam .

The game is great , but the technical issues surrounding this game are no better and in some ways worse than other games with big issues. Not only that but messaging with cross-play for both steam deck and xss is a disaster.

I hope for the devs sake that MS helps them migrate over to dx12

Back