ATI products now PCI-SIG compliant

Pete said:
And, uh, WTH is R430? Is that the availability respin of R420, and R480/483(?) the AGP/PCIe refreshes?

Guh.

Did you miss this recent roadmap leak from Connect3D?

I found it strange that they will offer two flavours of R430. The 16-pipe version will obviously be clocked lower than the 12-pipe R480 Pro and offer similar performance at the same price point. I assume this is a way of alleviating capacity constraint at 0.13u for equivalent performance. Even more interesting is the R430 Pro with its 12 pipes which finally fills the $299 price point. So if I am understanding Dave correctly the PCI-E versions will be out before the holiday season and Rialto-bridged AGP versions in January. I'm wondering about the naming scheme though. If R480 is X900XT/Pro, then R430 will likely be X850XT/Pro? And if the current X800 series isn't phased out simultaneously, then they will have issues again with higher-numbered SKUs with poorer performance than the lower ones.

Oh, and at this point I see no reason why 1H05 is out of the question for R520.

Hmmm.....where is radar? Time for some crow eating, I'd say! ;)

LOL! So much for the much vaunted (in these forums) "superiority" of ATi's on die PCI-Express bridge.

It would appear it has caused ATi at least one respin of their chips and still can't acheive compliance.

Meanwhile, nVidia's "stupid", "expensive", etc, etc external bridge chip gets the job done properly with compliant products in the marketplace.

I wonder if the Low-K process is affecting ATi's ability to finetune the signal parameters

martrox said:

LOL! So much for the much vaunted (in these forums) "superiority" of ATi's on die PCI-Express bridge.

It would appear it has caused ATi at least one respin of their chips and still can't acheive compliance.

Meanwhile, nVidia's "stupid", "expensive", etc, etc external bridge chip gets the job done properly with compliant products in the marketplace.

I wonder if the Low-K process is affecting ATi's ability to finetune the signal parameters

I stand by what I wrote at the time.

It appears ATi products have now been certified as compliant - long after nVidia products were.

As I speculated in the post, there have been gpu respins and its possible the spec was revised to allow the Ati products to be compliant.

Yes sirree......they done gone and respun the entire R4XX generation, along with the integrated chipsets and even the unannounced R430/R480. A quicky cycle in the ole' Maytag. :rolleyes: :LOL:

radar1200gs said:
martrox said:

I stand by what I wrote at the time.
Only you would.
It appears ATi products have now been certified as compliant - long after nVidia products were.
How is this relevant to anything?
As I speculated in the post, there have been gpu respins and its possible the spec was revised to allow the Ati products to be compliant.
So because you "speculated" there were "gpu respins", that means there were? Last time I checked, speculation != fact.

Do you have evidence that the spec was revised? Last time I checked, possibilities != fact.

Come back when you have some facts. ATI gave an explanation for why their chips/boards were not listed, until you have evidence that refutes what they said, please kindly keep quiet.

-FUDie

Every forum should have a person like ruined around. He sure can turn any thread into a laugh fest at the drop of a dime.

Wait a second!

Every forum on the freaking net does have Ruined around. His copy and paste skills are well known all over the web. I noticed his buddy rancor has joined the ranks at nvnews after getting banned from [H]. Nvnews sure is gonna be a nice place to visit in just a little while. Those 2 will probably drag The Batman over there too, to complete the amazing BS trio.

Back