Assassin's Creed Syndicate

I read somewhere it's 900p still, game doesn't look impressive nor is it fun. I feel like the more modern day setting has lost its early century era charm and uniqueness, it just doesn't have that AC2 and Black Flag's freshness.

I kinda like it. I see a huge VR future for this game though in some tourist mode or other where you just walk around in VR.
I bought Unity for that, roaming around in that city but nyat, without the fun it didn't turn out interesting at all. The game wasn't bad it's the way the game plays, the mechwnics are all imprecise and all assassinations for me were a smoke bomb spam ! No thinking required at all.
I liked quite a few aspects of it but the movement and combat mechanics are very loose. And everything is so hand held, open world is just there for its sake, that it just feels like pressing buttons at Specific places....not a 'game'.

Funnily, u could , in a way, say that about the story missions of Witcher 3 too, but that game has such good writing and so much charm that one enjoys all the way through.

I thought the murder mysteries were really interesting. Although a bit shallow, I could really enjoy seeing something work that out more.

I thought the murder mysteries were really interesting. Although a bit shallow, I could really enjoy seeing something work that out more.
Yup, simple adventure game fun there, I liked that too. I liked a lot of individual parts of Unity, like the co-op, they did really make a very "next -gen" debut with tons of content and a very huge game. Too bad they did not get the time required to mesh it all into one cohesive whole or maybe they just aimed too high with the euphoria around new machines. I am sure, if it had not had its technical glitches at launch, it would have had much more favourable reviews. THere is a LOT of game in there, all disconnected from each other though. Those TIme Rifts stuff , the murder mysteries, they crammed in a lot of game into one to make the biggest splash on next gen but then it just didn't make the splash due to technical hitches, the hotch potch of all the content in there and the most Horrid HUD ever.

I am sure, if it had not had its technical glitches at launch, it would have had much more favourable reviews.
I bought Unity less than half price a few months after launch and really enjoyed. It's unfortunate that you can never undo that first impression that others paid twice as much to experience.

I always liked it from the start but i never really encountered any problems with my setup on PC, except the glitching NPCs that walked on walls. I was fortunate because i got a 970 the moment it came out and apparently Unity was running really well on Maxwell GPUs. I really loved how detailed Paris was and it really looked a LOT better than Black Flag. I also really liked how open the missions were instead of the usual linear missions in previous AC games. Oh, and the soundtrack was great as well (like most AC games). On the other hand, from what I've seen the console version was definitely underwhelming and so was the PC version for most setups and i think that hurt the game's image most.

Looks like 900p for both consoles once again, shimmering/aliasing is identical and i don't expect X1 version to suddenly jump to 1080p

They literally look the same. We can probably expect the Ps4 version to run worse too :LOL:

How much I hope they changed the gameplay and removed all those markers. I bought almost every console AC and finished them despite that I it is impossible for me to enjoy them. I am literally torturing myself just for the story

The story of AC hasn't been good in a long while either. Unity and AC3 were both absolute snore fests, and Black Flag's story was barely there. Seems like Syndicate tries to bring back the series' sense of playfulness that's been missing ever since the Ezio trilogy came to a conclusion. Really hoping they can pull it off.

Quite frankly, densely packed streets literally everywhere like we've had in Paris during the French revolution would have made zero sense. It's not a lot of fun to play around in those crowds once you've gotten over the initial wow moments either. Besides, it's apparently the best AC since Brotherhood. I take that over a barely functioning yet impressive tech demo any day. Very much looking forward to it now.

Quite frankly, densely packed streets literally everywhere like we've had in Paris during the French revolution would have made zero sense. It's not a lot of fun to play around in those crowds once you've gotten over the initial wow moments either. Besides, it's apparently the best AC since Brotherhood. I take that over a barely functioning yet impressive tech demo any day. Very much looking forward to it now.

NPCs were the most jarring part of Unity imo, all that pop-in/walking on walls nonsense literally made the game worse for me.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_assassin_s_creed_syndicate_london_baby-35989_en.html

Looks good enough, might bite on PC since Ps4 version still seems to run sub-1080p with an aggressive sharpening filter on top :no:

There's some things that bother me in games that I know I can tell if a game will have them or not just by watching videos. Games that break fluidity of movement and the sense of momentum bother me greatly. And no AC ever naild that 100% (which puzzles me, since it should be such high priority on a game with so much emphasis on parkour, chases, and ellegance of execution of stunts) but some got close enough them to be enjoyable. In all videos I've watched of Syndicate, it is filled with clunkyness and awkward movements, more so than in gameplay of any past AC. It seems like more than I can endure.

NPCs were the most jarring part of Unity imo, all that pop-in/walking on walls nonsense literally made the game worse for me.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_assassin_s_creed_syndicate_london_baby-35989_en.html

Looks good enough, might bite on PC since Ps4 version still seems to run sub-1080p with an aggressive sharpening filter on top :no:

That looks pretty decent to me and it should look a fair bit nicer on PC at max settings and a reasonable resolution. I certainly had no problem with the NPC numbers in Unity but I must admit the numbers shown in that video seemed a bit more natural for a setting like London.

Hopefully the claims about the gameplay are correct but I doubt it's going to get any better than Black Flag/Rogue tbh. In fact if it was as good as Unity I'd be perfectly happy, it had it's issues (aside from the technical issues experienced by some) but overall I thought it was a great game.

Back