Assassin's Creed Syndicate

It is PS4 version an article in french press told they saw the presentation on a PS4 debug. Gamersyde have a good quality video. An idea about the resolution?

Last edited:
So is this next years game? I thought we already had a reveal for 2015's game (Victory)?

Anyway, this looks just like Unity (Same Vaseline filter in cut scenes, same dresses flicking up when characters pop in), so 900p and barely 30fps confirmed.

The rope launcher is a sensible idea, the natural/logical evolution of the traversal IMO.
As for the rest it's the same stuff we saw already, the unarmed combat doesn't impress me either (many repeated animations and executions and AI is as stupid as always).

My money is on Mad Max or/and Just Cause 3 at this point.

Last edited:
That was not a reveal but a leak :)
So Victory is Syndicate? It's got to be, surely. Two AC games both set in London would be nuts.

I've only seen the trailer on my iPhone, I missed any event that surrounded it.

So Victory is Syndicate? It's got to be, surely. Two AC games both set in London would be nuts.

I've only seen the trailer on my iPhone, I missed any event that surrounded it.

I believe Victory was never the official title of the game. Syndicate is the Ass Cred game for 2015. It will be PS4/XB1 only. No love for last gen (lol).

Games looks like ass to me. Animations are horrid. Also after Bloodborne and The Order 1886 in the same year, I really didn't want to go to Victorian London again. And especially after the newest d/l game that dabbles in 18th Century British occupied India and China.

Ubi won't get my money this year. Wake me up when they put the "A" team back on the franchise again.

Ubi won't get my money this year. Wake me up when they put the "A" team back on the franchise again.
I can't think of a single Ubisoft game I an interested in this calendar year. From their 2014 lineup I played (and enjoyed) WATCH_DOGS, Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity. I was on the fence about Unity but I was pulled in by the setting, revolutionary France. Industrial London simply doesn't do it for me.

Saying Assassin's Creed to me is like saying Matrix the movie, I know it exists, but never got into it. The only AC game I ever got (had AC2 for free on X360, barely played it) is Assassin's Creed IV, and it is taking dust in my shelf --wonder if they ever fixed the sharpen filter.

I played all throughout Assassin's Creed I, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed: Liberation.
Then I got to Assassin's Creed III and stopped half-way. I got fed up with the formula.

In the meantime, Ubisoft also released Assassin's Creed IV, Assassin's Creed: Rogue, Assassin's Creed: Unity and now it's Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.
So I guess I got tired of the series without even reaching half-way, yet I did play 5 friggin' titles.

In a time span of 7 years, Ubisoft has managed to release no less than 9 "main series" Assassin's Creed titles, plus another 6 titles for mobile platforms.
It's way too much. Ubisoft screwed the franchise by over-milking it in record time.

And after the disaster that was Unity, I can't understand how they insist with the yearly cycle this soon.

Besides, why the hell can't they leave Europe and North America? Even in the game's storyline, the Assassins have middle-eastern origins!

I can't think of a single Ubisoft game I an interested in this calendar year. From their 2014 lineup I played (and enjoyed) WATCH_DOGS, Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity. I was on the fence about Unity but I was pulled in by the setting, revolutionary France. Industrial London simply doesn't do it for me.

Same,

I quite enjoyed the story and setting of Unity. Black flag was cool with the naval gameplay, but I found the story boring and uneventful. At least Unity had some heart (albeit being a little predictable with the ending).

I absolutely agree with ToTTenTranz too. Their insistence on keeping the series in N. America / Europe now, is a massive turn off now. Additionally the overall plotline regarding the "first people" or whatever they're called, seems like it's been completely pushed to the background. The overall story arc is now a mess, full of contradictions and contrivances.

They should have spit the series up entirely long ago. Create a new IP that stick closely to the historic settings and periodic adventures (with none of the modern day crap interfering with the experience), and the AssCred franchise that tries at leats to have some continuity with the overall narrative and characters.

AC was strongest with the Ezio trilogy, as it focussed on a single character and his journey/discoveries. Now it's a string of barely connected mini episodes about different figures in different time periods. Character development literally lives and dies on a single entry, and all the while the gameplay experience as a whole suffers for it.

I played all throughout Assassin's Creed I, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed: Liberation.
Then I got to Assassin's Creed III and stopped half-way. I got fed up with the formula.

In the meantime, Ubisoft also released Assassin's Creed IV, Assassin's Creed: Rogue, Assassin's Creed: Unity and now it's Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.
So I guess I got tired of the series without even reaching half-way, yet I did play 5 friggin' titles.

In a time span of 7 years, Ubisoft has managed to release no less than 9 "main series" Assassin's Creed titles, plus another 6 titles for mobile platforms.
It's way too much. Ubisoft screwed the franchise by over-milking it in record time.

And after the disaster that was Unity, I can't understand how they insist with the yearly cycle this soon.

Besides, why the hell can't they leave Europe and North America? Even in the game's storyline, the Assassins have middle-eastern origins!

I was going to post but then I read this and realised you'd already said everything I was planning to. I actually did play all of the mainstream AC games right up to Unity (which I'm playing very slowly at the moment and still tying to work out if I'm enjoying it or not). Black Flag was a spectacular game, no doubt whatsoever about that but Unity certainly doesn't have the same appeal and I expect Syndicate to be similar to Unity.

Despite the awesome game that was Black Flag, the series actually lost it's spirit after Revelations IMO when it's focus shifted from exotic ancient historical locations to modern day history.

I'm certainly tempted to give Syndicate a miss myself although no doubt the wife will still pick it up as a major fan of the series. I'm jus waiting until the penny drops and they realise how incredibly awesome an ancient Egypt setting would be.

AC was strongest with the Ezio trilogy, as it focussed on a single character and his journey/discoveries. Now it's a string of barely connected mini episodes about different figures in different time periods. Character development literally lives and dies on a single entry, and all the while the gameplay experience as a whole suffers for it.

That's a good point; however, it could raise the barrier of entry for new customers and perhaps even alienate some. It's also probably a lot harder to add new settings and gameplay mechanics while remaining within a single character's lifetime.

That's a good point; however, it could raise the barrier of entry for new customers and perhaps even alienate some. It's also probably a lot harder to add new settings and gameplay mechanics while remaining within a single character's lifetime.

You're right, Laa-Yosh. But they could at least try to make up for that with a strong over-arching plot that connects all the new characters/settings together in a single consistent universe continuity.

Unfortunately, they haven't even seemed to do that. As the only things that seem to be carried across successfuly between each game is the Assassin-Templar rivalry, and the "copy-paste" game design template that merely gets a few shiny new borbles added to it in each new entry.

The whole thing not only feels stale in terms of the gameplay, but narrative-wise there are too few hooks (e.g. characters you care about) to keep you coming back at all either.

Back