Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Looks terrible compared to Unity. That combined with the lack of interiors seems like a massive technical downgrade. Probably in response to all the complaining about performance.

Looks terrible compared to Unity. That combined with the lack of interiors seems like a massive technical downgrade. Probably in response to all the complaining about performance.
Yup, visually it looks like these games were released in the wrong order. I got Unity in January after they patched it up and I really liked the way it looked. This looks drab in comparison.

I think this is very much because they moved to full TOD, instead of pre-baked lighting "scenes". Unity only had 4 world states with different lighting IIRC.

I got Unity recently and I adored its visuals. I saw Syndicate some weeks ago at ComiCon and it looked bland in comparison.

Did Unity not have dynamic TOD? I thought that was part of every AC.

Nope, it had three different phases that changed according to story or you could do that through the menu. The reason the game looked so good is mostly due to baked GI/lighting.

Kinda hard to get interiors looking like this with dynamic TOD:
15916177475_2bbdd586af_o.png

But while Unity looked good i still prefer dynamic TOD personally.

Oh, I was really curious as to how they handled their (alleged) voxel based GI with the real-time TOD and all. Guess this answer the question: they didn't.

Different sites report different performance figures, weird. Also some say the game is smeared in vaseline much like Unity, pointing towards 900p for Ps4. If that's true then that is disappointing and inexcusable considering the difference in visuals. And Ubisoft not confirming any resolution targets is also pointing towards 900p, they just announced that RB6 will run at 1080p60 on Ps4 and 900p60 on X1 and that comes out in December...

Videogamer.com, with a little help from GAF, have intimidated that Syndicate is very broken but that definitely doesnt tally with the Eurogamer account. It could well be they had different builds or that one play through was more varied and encountered more problems but time will tell, it's only a few weeks off.

Videogamer.com, with a little help from GAF, have intimidated that Syndicate is very broken but that definitely doesnt tally with the Eurogamer account. It could well be they had different builds or that one play through was more varied and encountered more problems but time will tell, it's only a few weeks off.

It is not only videogamer. At least two German site said the game is buggy, resolution is 900p and performance are bad. And one french site said the same thing:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/preview/44...ate-nos-impressions-apres-3-heures-de-jeu.htm

Un problème de script est pardonnable lorsqu'il s'agit d'un cas isolé. Ce qui l'est moins, ce sont les nombreux impairs techniques relevés durant notre session de jeu qui aura duré 3 heures : une belle chute de FPS toutes les demi-heures, certains ralentissements plus présents pendant les séquences de poursuites en véhicules, sans doute plus gourmandes en ressources, sans oublier un bug de personnage volant au dessus d'un bâtiment et un autre faisant un peu de ménage… avec le balai situé à près de 3 mètres de sa main. À un mois de la sortie du jeu, le constat est inquiétant tant cette version semble encore en proie à de nombreux problèmes techniques et il semble peu probable que tout soit corrigé pour le lancement. Le clipping est toujours aussi présent, une constante dans la série que l'on pardonnera déjà davantage au regard de la taille de l'aire de jeu et la qualité de la modélisation des environnements, seul point compensant légèrement les impairs évoqués plus haut.

I am french and I read German too (learn at school with english )

Gameplay from a guy who played the Ps4 build

Looks sharper than Unity for sure, maybe 1080p. He says in the comment section that it ran significantly better than Unity, which is good. Lighting looks better in this gameplay as well.

Last edited:
I hope they changed the controls because all the Assasin's Creed games I have played so far were infuriating me in that department.

Gameplay from a guy who played the Ps4 build

Looks sharper than Unity for sure, maybe 1080p. He says in the comment section that it ran significantly better than Unity, which is good. Lighting looks better in this gameplay as well.

Hopefully the gameplay in that clip is a result of the guy sucking hard at the game, and not because AC is, once again, janky as fuck.

Having already decided I have no interest in this game, watching the NX analysis as he's playing it with London during the evening makes it look so atmospheric and I'm a sucker for games that drip atmosphere. It's what sucked me into Unity, which I really liked it.

DAMN YOU, NX GAMER!!! :yep2:

I kinda like it. I see a huge VR future for this game though in some tourist mode or other where you just walk around in VR.

I kinda like it. I see a huge VR future for this game though in some tourist mode or other where you just walk around in VR.

I personally would love to go to London and assassinate the Queen explore the city rooftops.

Back