Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen a single COP screenshot with its volumetric light goodness till date...I demand some screenshots with God Rays !! :devilish:

I haven't seen a single COP screenshot with its volumetric light goodness till date...I demand some screenshots with God Rays !! :devilish:

Well, I would like to oblige, but it seems to be cloudy, overcast and raining most of the time :cry:

Also I can't use any of the new fancy DX11 effects, though I am not really sure if the lighting would be effected. I know DX11 allows tessellation and some better shadows in this game though.

The game is really good though. Probably the best of the three STALKER games.

Well, I would like to oblige, but it seems to be cloudy, overcast and raining most of the time :cry:

Also I can't use any of the new fancy DX11 effects, though I am not really sure if the lighting would be effected. I know DX11 allows tessellation and some better shadows in this game though.

The game is really good though. Probably the best of the three STALKER games.

Why not add some distant DOF to give depth and a more beauthiful scene?

Should be "User.ltx" . Now these are for Clear Sky but might be same or similar in COP. Type them in the console prompt and use TAB to cycle commands. Commands below might be filed under r3/r4_xxx instead of r2_xxx.

r2_dof_far 40 (meters where DOF starts)
r2_dof_kernel 2 (0-10 controls DOF strength)
r2_dof_sky 50 (30-100 meters to fix DOF vs sky blending)
r2_dof_near (controls DOF for weapon a la' KZ2 style, range should be-1000 to 1000)

These below to have raytracing global illumination for all lightsoruces bar sun with optimised valeus for greater perfomance)
r2_gi on
r2_gi_clip 0.04
r2_gi_depth 5
r2_gi_photons 10

r2_ssa_lod_b (32-96, test it, is for LOD)
r2_ssa_lod_b (32-96, test it, is for LOD)

r2_tonemap_middlegray (this controls tonemapping making HDR stronger or duller, should be in range of 0-2)
r3_dynamic_wet_surfaces_near 70 (controls distance for wet surface rendering 0-70 meters)
r3_dynamic_wet_surfaces_sm_res 1024 (controls wet surface resolution, 256-2048 res)

r2_sun_lumscale_amb 0.8 (controls tint color by sun much like colorgrading giving COP/CS a brownish/yrllowish image tone. Default value should be 1.0 so lower it for less tint and most likely much better looking visuals. Range should be 0-2)

Here are some old screenshots I did of CS and obviously DOF is to strong and close and image compression lousy but you see the results. Also the settings might differ a bit from above.
clearskypm0.jpg

clearskypc11kd2.jpg

clearskypc9qj3.jpg

clearskypc4wx8.jpg

clearsky3kd6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why the pipes/round objetcs in COP has far far less polygons than Stalker SOC and Clear Sky... :S

I wonder why the pipes/round objetcs in COP has far far less polygons than Stalker SOC and Clear Sky... :S

It's so that when people with DX11 GPU's actually turn on DX11 they can see that tessellation is doing it's job, that way they don't feel like they've been had! :LOL:

COP needs tweaking a bit as well, Needs more color :)

SSAO, Sun and Sun Rays quality down to Medium and enabled DX10.1 with 4xMSAA + 4x transparency AA

xrengine200911171857087.jpg

xrengine200911171734478.jpg

xrengine200911161847322.jpg

xrengine200910250031044.jpg

xrengine200910172304526.jpg

xrengine200910171932192.jpg

It doesn't even have any texture/Lighting MODS yet either

Bioshock 2.
Tried to run the game with 2x2 Supersampling, then with 4*MSAA +TSAA...the resulting image was a blur feast in either cases [& it didn't worked in Dx10 mode] so reverted back to default with no AA.

2zistat.jpg

2zistat.jpg

Shadow of the Colossus Daddy !
344yxau.jpg

15pn2gm.jpg

103s605.jpg

11ifgaf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

Btw I noticed by config part Digitalwanderer posted that game uses edge detect blur/AA. Perhaps if this is disabled then MSAA will not look as blurry/wrong?

I'm playing around with STALKER : COP and basically all the shader files that work and that have been created for SOC and CS work fine in COP :)

COP just needs more colour as it's too brown, That's the reason it looks so bad out doors.

Reduce the hemisphere amount to get rid of browness.

It's also shadows!!! Out in the open there practically none ****ing existent unless it's thundering!!

That's the problem!! It looked plain horrible just with no shadows cast on the floor by the grass, tree's etc..etc..etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back