anything new on the power vr front ?

DaveBaumann said:
The duck laid some eggs.

Would those eggs be metaphorical eggs, or physical eggs?

(i.e. Was that a clever way of saying they're skrewing up, or just a commentary on their mascot going through its life stages?)

RussSchultz said:
DaveBaumann said:
The duck laid some eggs.

Would those eggs be metaphorical eggs, or physical eggs?

(i.e. Was that a clever way of saying they're skrewing up, or just a commentary on their mascot going through its life stages?)

I took it to be a secret code for them working on new products. Like when the military does a recall in a movie, they'll say "the goose flys south at midnight"

Typically, you'd hear something. This reminds me too much of the Kyro III. No sound of a deal, no sign of orders placed at foundries nor tape-outs or samples. No sign of drivers, no leaked pics of cards or retail box designs. No accidental mentioning of coming products as IHVs talk about the future and the competition.

Nada.

Gfx-chips don't age particularly gracefully. If this design isn't out on time, it will only get progressively less attractive to bring to market. So if it isn't out "soon", odds are it won't be produced at all.
We have no indication that it will be out "soon".

Entropy

DaveBaumann said:
The duck laid some eggs.

Funny how I just remembered an old Videologic duck screenshot with a gun pointed at it's head :D

If this design isn't out on time...

When is the time that it will be "on time"?

Blitzkrieg said:
I personally think u can almost relegate pvr to bitboys status
Even S3 and SiS release new gpus more frequently
Ou, I think (I know enough that) Kristof wouldn't join any one compnay if he feels it's a lost cause or that he'd be part of a team that produces nothing other than just "talk" or "reputation".

well they have been doing nothing but talking for a very long time now. Far too long. How they every expect to build up a good brand name and reputation with their sporadic gpus that did show up I have no idea. It is not realistic. That ducks not laying eggs, its a dead duck.

I personally think u can almost relegate pvr to bitboys status

Bitboys GPU's = 0

PowerVR's GPU's = 6 (that's a quick guestimate).

Yeah I can see that PowerVR and Bitboys are a lot alike :LOL:

Even S3 and SiS release new gpus more frequently

When was the last time SIS or S3 released a real 3d chip that was actually worth looking at though? At least Kyro II was a worthwhile chip.

To answer the first question. There's no info at all lately, not that I've heard anyway. Its utterly silent at the moment. This could be the calm before the storm, or it could be the calm before.. well more calm. We'll have to wait and see ;)

Chalnoth said:
Didn't PVR recently release their MBX for integrated devices?

i believe so

they also sold millions of chips with the Dreamcast and the KyroII in foreign markets. Hardly "bitboys status".

Does anyone have a VideoLogic Neon 250 they'd like to sell to a collector? I've been on the lookout for one for a while, but can't seem to find any :(

Reverend said:
Ou, I think (I know enough that) Kristof wouldn't join any one compnay if he feels it's a lost cause or that he'd be part of a team that produces nothing other than just "talk" or "reputation".

Well, he's getting paid, isn't he? It's probably not his responsibility (or problem) to see that the chip is actually produced... If the higher-ups can't find a deal then, that's it...

Ailuros said:
DaveBaumann said:
The duck laid some eggs.

Funny how I just remembered an old Videologic duck screenshot with a gun pointed at it's head :D

Do you mean this one, perchance?

duck.gif

;)

And yes, Wavey. You're still a cock-tease . . .

-Sascha.rb

nggalai .... just cause he doesn't put out for you doesn't mean he doesn't put out :oops:

Now seroiusly... can anyone truthfully answer my questions of do we need to go into members sex lives

Mulciber said:
Does anyone have a VideoLogic Neon 250 they'd like to sell to a collector? I've been on the lookout for one for a while, but can't seem to find any :(

I think I have 3 from my good'old Graphics Card Reviewer days :eek:

Back